Atlantic View Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Corrib House Hotel(Oughterard)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsirish breakfastgalway city centrevisit galwaysalthillpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Myself and my husband's family took up 3 rooms here in July for one night. We found the owners to be very accommodating and they even went out and purchased a travel cot for our daughter as their other one was already being used.

The rooms we were allocated were quite small but this is to be expected really in a b&b. They were sufficient though and we loved that we had a little balcony which we could sit out on and look out at Galway Bay.

The owners and staff were all very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this place if people were looking for a decent B&B.

Room Tip: One with a balcony is a real treat!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed for one night on a tour of western Ireland. We had until 10 pm to check in. They called us twice to ensure we were coming. When the booking was made we explained we would be driving from the Northwestern part of the country. We got rushed through the check in process. I was not impressed. We have one person with an allergy and they could not guarantee if they could accommodate his meal request. We were told to ask in the am. My room was 109 euros and not worth it. It was small and cramped. For that amount I would have rather stayed in a hotel (I did not book it). The location is nice. You can see Galaway Bay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JK_Queen
atlanticgalway, Manager at Atlantic View Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi , you booked through Booking.com and we were not told in advance that you were going to arrive late , we called you once at 8.30 pm to check on your time of arrival , When your party arrived you said that you may have breakfast in the morning ,and you were told that there was a good selection of breakfast choices available , as you said that one of your party had an allergy to certain type of foods, no body from your party came to the dining room in the morning , hence we did not get the opportunity to provide you with breakfast.
You state that the check in was fast , I tried to speed up the process for the party as at this stage it was 9.30 , and restaurants are pretty busy at this time of the year
Regards
Management.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

A great find in Salthill, a pleasant short walk into the centre of Galway. The staff were exceptionally pleasant. The breakfast was plentiful, with choice. The bathroom of the 3 bedded room at the top of the house was a little small, we managed. Very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the Atlantic View on my first ever trip to the Republic of Ireland. I found it to be comfortable and unpretentious. My single room was small but quite adequate. The only thing I would have hoped for was a slightly larger wash basin in the en suite. The breakfast was excellent and the proprietors and their manager made me feel exceptionally welcome. Contrary to previous comments, I had no problems finding the Atlantic View and parking in the correct car park. All was clear! Overall I was pleased with my stay which was good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When we arrived, we were told that the triple room we booked five months prior to our arrival was not available but we could have a double and a single. That was fine with us and we were told we could keep it for the second night we were staying. However, when we came back to the B&B the next day after our day at the Aran Islands, our belongings had been moved to a triple room without our approval or knowledge. We were very unhappy and it appears that there is miscommunication on the management end. Sam who runs the day to day operations was very nice and overly helpful after this situation developed. He transported our bags two and three flights of stairs for us. The single and double rooms we had the first night were both very nice. The triple room was a bit dated and the bathroom shower was not great as the door does not go all the way around the tub. The pipes also had air in them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jang768
atlanticgalway, Manager at Atlantic View Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

The first night , you arrived you were given 2 rooms , as the triple room you booked was temporiarly out of use . You were told that the next day the room would be available for you , and to leave your bags in room and they would be moved for you to the triple room .The next day you did not link with reception at all , or surrender your keys, so we had no option but to move your bags to the room you booked , as the double room you occupied the first night was already booked for somebody else .sorry for not having yout triple room available for you , the first night you arrived.