This lovely place delivered well above our expectations! The breakfast was amazing! The room was beautiful welcoming and impeccably kept! The owner is welcoming and very knowledgeable! I would recommend this place to everyone interested in Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Galway City centre The Herons Rest lies nestled on the banks of the river Corrib over looking the traditional Claddagh harbour. This idyllic waterside location is only 3 mins from the hustle and bustle of the centre of town and the 'craic' of Galway's Latin Quarter. Each cosy chic bedroom has stunning views overlooking the Claddagh Harbour and the famous Galway Bay. Outside the water is teaming with wildlife such as, otters, herons and the largest colony of mute swans in Western Europe. Traditional sailing boats named 'Galway Hookers' can be watched setting sail from your bedroom window and our binoculars enhance the view that stretches across to the Burren Hills. We call it 'keeping it country in the city'. Ethos Our philosophy at The Herons Rest is to ensure our guests get the most out of Galway and its locale. We enjoy providing a home from home experience and strive to share the best of the west with you. Our gourmet breakfasts alone, provisioned from local and organic produce have made us a destination not to miss. In each cosy chic bedroom lots of thoughtful touches enhance your comfort and panoramic views of the bay give a feeling of idyllic hideaway whilst still located in the city centre. We love to share up-to the minute advice with you on the best restaurant recommendations and help you with your reservations. Galway is the perfect base for day tripping and we offer personalised route planning to ensure you can avoid the tourist traps and find unspoilt secret spots. Why not let us pack a gourmet picnic for you? Or book afternoon tea on arrival to start your stay in a relaxing style. Breakfast is a convivial, cooked to order feast, prepared in front of you by your host. It is served at our communal breakfast table between 8- 11am and may also be received in your room. Irish farmhouse cheeses, natural juices and organic local yogurts accompany an 8 option gourmet menu. We are happy top accommodate your specific dietary requirements upon request. At the Herons Rest are passionate about hospitality and look forward to extending a warm welcome to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and LateRooms so you can book your The Herons Rest Boutique Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herons Rest Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- The Herons Rest Boutique Hotel Galway