“One of the best restaurants in Galway” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Latin Quarter Bistro
Ranked #14 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the heart of Galway city, Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro offers good quality & affordable Irish food in casual & relax surroundings. Our chef Patrick carefully sources his ingredients to create classical bistro dishes with a modern Irish twist. Our wine list mostly consists of reasonably priced European wines and a few more upmarket houses.
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best restaurants in Galway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to have a meal and decided to try this place. We had no reservations, but the staff kindly fitted us in. Not only was the service wonderful, but the food was just amazing. We are still talking about how delicious it was! Have been recommending it to friends and family since. Considering the quality, I feel it's very reasonably priced.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Fantastic food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was getting late and some places we tried had stopped serving, so we just happened in here -- fortunately! My starter (shrimp, served with head on, which normally grosses me out) was one of the best dishes I've ever had. The rest of our meals were also great. It's a small, charming place. Check it out!!

Visited July 2014
Galway, Ireland
“Unfortunately Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was taken aback that such a new restaurant had skyrocketed to number one of all the restaurants in Galway so quickly. I thought I must try it out immediately as it must be something special indeed. Although the service was good and prompt, the food was very bland. My dining partner had to add a lot of salt and pepper to get any flavour from his pasta dish. I had the lamb which although very tender, had little to no taste and came upon a bed of overcooked vegetables in a bland tomato sauce with a small amount of diced potato. If I had cooked it myself I would have been disapointed. Also for a wine bar the selection of wine was very limited. Overall very disappointed.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sarah M
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Excellent visit. The food was outstanding, wine was great. I had the Rib Eye and my wife had John Dory - both outstanding. Portions are good. Oysters for starters - fresh and attached to shell (not from a can). The place is small - get a reservation. We walked in and they sat us at 7:00 on a friday - so not many people know about this place. It really was a great meal - can't say enough good things about this place.

New York City, New York
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were drawn to the The Latin Quarter wine Bar by the candelabras in the window. It just seemed like such a lovely little place so we wandered in. The hostess who we think was the owner said there was a table available in the window area with the candelabra. It was the best place to sit facing the window, sipping our wine and watching the people go by. There was just something very unique and romantic sitting with the candelabra and the big window.

Our meal was excellent-especially the mussels appetizer. Perfectly cooked and a delicious broth.
The service was attentive and very friendly.
Definitely check it out if you are in Galway. It was one of the more memorable dining experiences during our trip.

• Visited June 2014