“Thank You Rebecca! Delightful Meal!”
Review of The Latin Quarter Bistro - CLOSED

The Latin Quarter Bistro
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Galway city, Latin Quarter Wine Bar & Bistro offers good quality & affordable Irish food in casual & relax surroundings. Our chef Patrick carefully sources his ingredients to create classical bistro dishes with a modern Irish twist. Our wine list mostly consists of reasonably priced European wines and a few more upmarket houses.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This restaurant is a must if you are on Quay Street. The mussels are to die for. My husband had the tuna steak and it was perfect. Great wine list and super service, makes this a great place to enjoy a quiet dinner off of the noisy street. I cannot say enough about the quality and devotion put into the food by the chef, Patrick. Magnificent!!!!!!!

1  Thank GLFCHK228
RebeccaMiton, Manager at The Latin Quarter Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our bistro. We really appreciate it and are delighted you had a nice experience with us.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Recently had a meal here and was very impressed with the food, service, and atmosphere. We both had crab claws to start which were excellent. For the main I had the seafood platter and my wife had the lamb. Again both were really great. One of the best meals out I've had this year and was great value in comparison to more expensive restaurants I'd usually associate with this quality of food.

1  Thank Patrick W
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here on a dreary, wet Saturday night in Galway. We had no reservation but were received graciously and seated at a window which gave us a very entertaining view of the street action. The food was outstanding as well as the service. One of the best meals we had during our Irish vacation. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LeJeune_House

Dear Sir,

We all would like to thank you for your review. We are delighted yourself and your wife enjoyed your meal at the Latin quarter bistro. Your feedback means a lot to us.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I popped in for a glass of wine and quick snack and ended up sitting for hours as great seats by the window enjoying the atmosphere. I had goats cheese crostini salad which was delicious and my husband had the seafood chowder which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our favourite was the chocolate and caramel pot which was to die for. We were tempted to order another. Will definitely be back to try the main meals on the menu again soon. Lovely evening.

1  Thank sookennedy
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I were hungry on a Sunday afternoon around 2pm, and after just arriving in Galway stumbled upon this gem. We sat at the front window and ordered Galway Bay Rock Oysters - both of us are still talking about them weeks later. They were the best oysters I have ever had. The service was excellent. For a main course, I had the most delicious seafood chowder with brown bread, and he had an amazing smoked mackerel salad. I'd go back here in a heartbeat!

2  Thank MoFish417