“Ok Hotel great location”
Review of Hotel Meyrick

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Killarney, Ireland
“Ok Hotel great location”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week
Wasn't my first choice but it was all that was available in centre
Check in was poor was given the keys and sent on my way to floor no 4 when I arrived to the room keys didn't work made my way back to the front desk again where she Explained she made the mistake and wrote the incorrect room number on the key holder fair enough we can all make mistakes. So off we go again with our cases no help given to floor number 3 not sure of the room number, room was clean bright and of a average size and all seemed ok until I entered the bathroom not what I would have expected from from a four star Property towels were like sand paper Rusty Shower curtain rail and very low water pressure.
I didn't dine in the hotel as we had plans to dine at another Restraunt in town pity as there menu did look very Appetising!
Returning late we were greeted by the most amazing young gentleman Mr Martin who welcomed us back and enquired if we would like any Beverage before we Retired for the evening.
The following morning we decided to skip breakfast so I can't comment there
Over all nice hotel in a great location but needs work on the smaller details !

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Bubbles041180
HotelMeyrickManager, Manager at Hotel Meyrick, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review. While we are very grateful to you for having taken the time to let others know about your stay here, we are disappointed that your experience was not entirely to your satisfaction.

Your comments regarding the room you were staying in have been duly noted and passed on to our accommodation manager. We hope these shortcomings didn’t take too much off your short break.

I hope that you will return to stay with us again should you visit Galway in the future

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
ALBERTA
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is old!!! It is historic and it has character period!! It was wonderful in our eyes. It's a hotel that is definately worth upgrading to a suite, the rooms are magnificent!! The check in was fast & efficient. Room service breakfast both days we got it was within 10mins of requested time, which isn't too bad. The food was fresh & hot. Rooms are clean. It got a little cold in the evening, but a quick call to reception and they had the place toasty & cozy. I would recommend staying here. The location is fab, as it is off the touristy Quay/High Street, but completely accessible to tons of delicious restaurants & all of the sights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at the Hotel Meyrick. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our prime location in Galway City,

We at the Hotel Meyrick value our guests and their comments, as without these we are unaware if we are offering the level of service we expect of ourselves. We will be relaying all our feedback to our staff and management team.

Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived in Galway just for the day and needed a place to stay. Some of the smaller hotels were booked up and my family wanted to stay at a Hostel. Not my taste, when I arrived at the desk the receptionist was extremely friendly. I paid 115 euro's for one night, which included breakfast in the morning. Room was cozy and kept up well. It seemed like an older hotel, but you really couldn't tell. The breakfast was a buffet style, food was excellent! I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at the Hotel Meyrick. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us.

We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff; it is always a pleasure to be able to relay the positive back to them.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012. Hotel is in a superb location on Eyre Square in the centre of Galway city. Hotel is a bit tired and dated and is not as nice as it looks in the photos on its website. The best feature is the leisure facility on the top floor, particularly the jacuzzi and outdoor hot tub which look out across the city to the sea.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMeyrickManager, Manager at Hotel Meyrick, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time in writing your review, without Customer Feedback we are at a loss as to know where we are letting our guests down.

You comments have been duly noted, we at the Hotel Meyrick are continuously reinvesting in the product and it is always important for us to hear where guests feel we need to improve on our Décor and Atmosphere.

We hope that should you be returning to Galway that you will come in and see some changes in regards to our hotel.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our visit to the Meyrick Hotel was very enjoyable. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great selection from continental to the full Irish, plenty to choose from and was served by friendly staff. Our evening dinner was included in our package and it was delicious and once again it was served by excellent staff. I am coeliac and I phoned through to the hotel beforehand to see if I needed to bring my own gluten free bread with me as I usually do when I travel,but this was not necessary. My request was noted and there was gluten free options available for me at all meals and may I add that the gluten free soup and the dessert was delicious.The location of this hotel is just perfect in Eyre Square within walking distance of shops and nightlife and beside the station. The hotel has a spa, zacussi and hot tub. I didn't use any of these facilities so I can't comment on them, but I did miss having the use of a swimming pool as I do enjoy a swim. Our bedroom was big but had no safe which we missed and the decor was basic but it was comfortable and clean. I enjoyed my visit to the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel and it was quiet until the trains started to use their intercom ser...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel Meyrick, we are very grateful to receive your feedback.

Your comments have been relayed to various departments.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel again in the future.

Auckland
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere at this hotel. The Oyster Bar was a great place to have a drink and the breakfast was great. The check in process was quick & easy and staff were friendly. Good location in Galway City yet not noisy.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank PeterTAuckland
Dear Guest

We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff, it is always a pleasure to be able to relay the positive back to them.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is located right on Eyre square, making it convenient to everything. The best part of the hotel however is the building itself. It's an old building with lots of charm. The oyster bar is awesome, and the oyster grill is delicious. I would definitely return to the Hotel Meyrick.

Room Tip: Be aware, most rooms don't have AC. I personally am always warm and was quite nervous about this...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidDilk
HotelMeyrickManager, Manager at Hotel Meyrick, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest

We are very grateful to you for having posted your review here on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel Meyrick and we hope that you will come back and visit again soon.