“Lovely stay at the Marless”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Marless House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Marless House for a few days at the end of our Ireland trip. Even though the house was full, the host Mary went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed every bit of galway that we could. Mary even mapped out our sightseeing trip so we didnt miss any of the wonderful ruins on this side of the country. The rooms were clean, and spacious, and we would definitely come back and stay here again. We enjoyed our time in galway and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night on our way to Connemara. Mary greeted us upon our arrival from a long all day drive from Kilarney with tea and scones which was very welcome. She could not have been more helpful and friendly and suggested a restaurant for dinner that evening which was terrific. The location of the house is ideal for long walks along the seaside promenade and to Salthill, just west of Galway city centre. Breakfast was overwheiming with the best choice of food we had seen on our trip with bacon and eggs, porridge and home made scones. Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend it highly to all travellers looking for friendly service and great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Let me start by saying this is a long overdue review.

My husband and I stayed here for one night in March as we drove around the country. I had stayed here about 7 years before and had enjoyed the location and hospitality then.
Mary was just as friendly and helpful as before and breakfast was very yummy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a little diamond of a find in Galway Marless House is! Mary was lovely, very attentive and she certainly made my wife and I feel very welcome and at home. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, I must have had the best nights sleep there on our trip around Ireland. The breakfast was very good indeed with the homemade scones being the highlight. I even offered Mary 10 euro over the cost of our stay which Mary politely declined as I enjoyed the stay that much. I hope to visit Marless House again someday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we traveled through Galway on our honeymoon. The Marless House was a pleasant stay with friendly hosts and off street parking. It is on the outer edge of the city but only a 5 min. walk to a bus stop for going into the city. It was much easier to take a bus than drive in the city. We loved all of the shops and music! This is where we spent the most money for sure. There are jewelry shops, book shops, clothing shops, pubs and much, much more. Our room was a comfortable size with a nice view of the garden in the back yard. Our bathroom was a little small and only had a stand up shower. There wasn't much room to move around. This isn't really a complaint, but it wasn't exactly ideal for a honeymoon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at Marless House for three nights, with a friend. We booked quite late and were in what was probably the smallest room but it was still plenty large enough for our needs! The room and bathroom were spotless, the bed comfortable and there were plenty of fluffy towels. Mary and Tom were very welcoming and helpful in giving suggestions of things to do and directions etc. I know it has been said by many other reviewers but the breakfasts were sensational. Lots of choices and you can mix and match if desired. As a regular traveller to Ireland, I wouldn't stay any where else when I am in Galway.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank justcallmecupcake
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After studying the comments on tripadvisor we booked rooms in Marless House. And it was the right decision. Mary and Tom are great hosts with a warm welcoming and lot of hospitality. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The breakfasts are unbelieveable. Many hints for going around with marks on the maps. We had a great time in this house. Thank you to you, Mary and Tom

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends