“Fantastic - returning June 2012!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Marless House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Royal Tunbridge Wells
“Fantastic - returning June 2012!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Well what can you say about M.H. that has not been said previously. The Irish Tourist Board should use the standard of M.H. as the benchmark by which others are measured. The house is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Mary is a real dream and Tom (her husband) is kept busy! Its lucky we travelled by car; otherwise we would have had to pay excess baggage to the airline after four of Mary's breakfasts. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending this wonderful B & B.

Room Tip: Mary has a treasure chest of maps, leaflets and advice on places to visit.
2 Thank Wobblyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed for two nights at this B&B together with my boyfriend on a trip around Ireland. Never have we had a warmer welcome. We got tips on where to go, where to eat and what to do. The room was charming and the breakfast choices overwhelming.
If you go to Galway, stay here that is all I can say. The only downside, if one has to be mentioned is that Mary has not opend her B&B directly in Galway, but is located the seaside suburb of Salthill 3 km from Galway city center.

Flushing, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at Marless House for two nights. Beautiful home, lovely spotless rooms. Best breakfast we had our entire stay in Ireland. Mary is a wonderful hostess who couldn't do enough for you. She had maps and told us the best way to get to our destination. Just a block from the beach. I highly recommend Marless House

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Out of all the B&B's we stayed at in Ireland, this one was disappointing compared to the rest. Our room was small and the bed was only a double. The shower/tub did not drain fully, so you stood in a pool of your own filth while showering! On a more positive note the hostess was nice & knowledgeable.

• Stayed July 2011
7 Thank Nittani
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2011

During my recent trip to Ireland, I stayed at the Marless House. This was one of my favorite places we stayed for two reasons - Mary, the owner, and the location.

First I will tell you a little more about Mary.
- Originally we were booked to stay here 2 days. When our trip got delayed due to air cancellations, we tried to move the days out a day but could only get one of the nights. Mary was so kind as to help us get booked with her next door neighbor who also had a B&B. She coordinated everything and even had our luggage moved over for us when we returned from our day long bus trip.
- When we arrived, even though we were a little early, Mary greeted us warmly and made us tea. She told us about things to do in the area and made our reservations. In the morning, she had a menu but would make you anything you wanted off of it. She was a great cook and is known for her French toast. She made the breakfast room very welcoming like you were all a big happy family. She introduced us to another couple going on the same bus tour we were and we really enjoyed getting to know them.

Now a little about the location.
- Mary told us how to get around Galway on the bus system. It was much cheaper than a taxi and very convenient. The bus stop was within a block of the house and if you asked, they would drop you right off at the house when you came back.
- Also within about a block was the ocean. One of my favorite things of my entire trip was the early morning walk I had along the beach.

I would highly recommend Marless House and if I ever get back to Ireland, I will plan as much time as possible at this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 17, 2011

From the second we arrived at Marless House until we checked out the next day, my husband and I were made to feel as if we were at home. Mary and her husband are fabulous hosts! We were welcomed into their gorgeous home out of the rain and enjoyed some tea with other couples in the sitting room. Then, Mary proceeded to give us maps and directions of the area, highlighting the top sights in the area and letting us know the best ways to get around. Our room was bright and welcoming and the beds were very comfortable. We awoke the next morning to the smells of breakfast and made our way down to the room full of happy guests, munching on delicious food. I would HIGHLY recommend this B&B to anyone who is staying in the Galway area.

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We have been going to marless House for the past 26 years.Mary Geraghty is an outstanding personality. Everyone enjoys it there because it is spotless, the breakfasts are so unusual and excellent and the hospitality of Mary and Tom is unsurpassed. We have stayed at dozens of b and b's and this one is the best!! Mary will guide you to restaurants and golf courses and shops whatever you need. That is important to travelers.
In all those years Mary never asked me to write anything on here but I learned of this just recently and decided to do this because it may help other who are going to Galway.

Linda and Bob Ludgate