“Very nice place”
Review of St. Jude's Lodge

St. Jude's Lodge
Ranked #7 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed one week at St. Jude's Lodge (24 nov - 1 dec 2013) and I can say I was happy to be there.
First of all, the stuff is very friendly and helpful. The room is quite big (at least the one I stayed in), it was very clean and the towels were changed daily.
The food was very good, there are a lot of things you can choose from - I would recommend the Irish breakfast.
The wireless connection was very good in the room. Also there is a PC with internet connection and a printer available downstairs.
Also it's very close to the center of city (also from the Bus station).

I would definitely recommend St Jude's Lodge if you're visiting Galway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sebastian B

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I found St Judes b&b by chance, arriving at night after a 14-hour journey from Italy. I had a reservation at another b&b, where the staff was not there to open the door. So I tried St Judes. I was given a huge room the first night, as there were no others available, and a small, comfortable one the other three nights.
The staff was absolutely friendly and helpful. They really did their best to make me feel at home and cared for. Breakfast was a real treat, with a wide selection to choose from. My favorite dish was scrambled eggs with bacon and some delicious croissants.
The place is clean and tidy, price very reasonable. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this B&B and found it to be perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. The staff were very courteous and helpful: the room was clean and comfortable and we had a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good location to explore Galway. Tiny and basic room in serious need of an update so we were a little disappointed as this was not a cheap place to stay. No guest lounge so fortunately the fine weather allowed us to spend most of our time out and about in Galway. Breakfast ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this Bed and Breakfast with my partner recently and i must say it was very disappointing. From the outside this place looked beautiful. However this was not reflected inside. The room was cramped, extremely old fashioned and in need of a lick of paint. The walls were very dirty especially around the light switches-fingerprints everywhere. The furniture in the room was very outdated. The breakfast was of a very poor standard.The breakfast room was cramped. There was no fresh coffee. It was a buffet style breakfast-however there was no bacon or sausages, when one item came we had to wait a long time for the next piece of food to come.

All in all for the cost of this guesthouse i was very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night in September 2013 and found it to be a very nice spot. Location was excellent and the room, whilst basic, was nice. The staff were very friendly and I the breakfast the next day was also good. They provided soya milk for me as requested which was impressive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked this accomodation as it was close to the city centre and we could park our car and walk. It was quite close and good location but unfortunately that is all we found good!
The entry to the door needs a code to open it which you get given when you check it. But the doorbell (if you don't yet have a code) is the loudest doorbell I have ever heard and it would ring right next to our room, on the top floor. The doorbell went off at least 5 times during the night, with nightclubber goers coming home all hours and very noisy! The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable so once the doorbell woke us up, that was it for the rest of the night! No more sleep :(
On the plus side rooms were clean and shower was good.
Galway seemed to be expensive but this accom was more expensive than what it was worth! Good if you want central location, bad if you want to get some sleep.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple