“I hate walking but loved this tour”

Galway on Foot - Walking Tours of Galway City
Ranked #16 of 59 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Want to hear the story and stories of Galway? Come with us and we'll bring you where the tour buses can't - for a leisurely and entertaining stroll through the heart, history and vibrant culture of Ireland's fantastic western capital. Let us share our knowledge, stories and love of this very special city with you. Interesting, informative and very definitely good craic, trust Galway on Foot to set you on the right track in the City of the Tribes.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Sean didn't stress us too much but managed to pack the whole history of Galway into one well paced hour. If you are going to do only one other thing in this city other than have a few pints DO try this tour. He might even join you for a pint after. Thanks Sean.!

3  Thank Pinoy_Pete

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family and I arrived in Galway on Saturday, September 15th, and a few hours later began our visit to this lovely city with a very interesting, informative and entertaining tour of Galway. Sean Leonard is an exceptional guide with a wealth of knowledge about Galway, its history and its people. Sean is a teacher who clearly takes great pleasure in showing you his city and telling story after story about the sites on the tour. This tour is so enjoyable and such a great learning experience! Sean is certainly proud of his heritage and is a strong proponent of the Irish language which he speaks fluently. I can think of no better way to begin a visit to Galway or Ireland than with Sean Leonard's Walking Tour of Galway. All of us had great fun and learned a lot. Don't miss it if you visit Galway!

1  Thank PJC20
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We LOVED our tour with Sean Leonard at the end of August 2012! I happened to find Sean by chance on tripadvisor, and my husband and I are thrilled that we did! Sean was more than accommodating in planning a time and place to meet just the two of us on our first day in Ireland straight from Milwaukee. He is beyond affordable and provides an excellent historical (and entertainment!) packed tour of the beautiful city of Galway! We fully enjoyed our hour and a half that he spent with us answering any questions we had and giving us plenty of Irish history (with some Irish tall-tales!!) Thank you so much, Sean, for helping us start our honeymoon off in a fantastic way!

2  Thank Kalin A
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Sean was excellent! Really good story teller and informative about Galway history and its connections to England mostly. Walking is a great way to see Galway. Highly recommended, my husband and I (mid 30s) enjoyed it a lot! I will definitely contact Sean again when I come to Galway with another group of people!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We organised our tour in advance which was really helpful and Sean was accomodating with times. It was the first thing we did when we arrived in Galway and was a great introduction to the city. A really informative, enjoyable and fun way to spend an hour, well worth 10euros pp of anyone's money. I thoroughly recommend it!