“Very Cute Boutique Hotel in the Heart of the City Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The House Hotel

and 1 more site!
The House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Charleston, South Carolina
“Very Cute Boutique Hotel in the Heart of the City Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

I stayed here for one night while I was on business and thought this hotel was very cozy, chic, and romantic. It doesn't have a "hotel" feel when you arrive, the reception area is two low desks where the staff sit and encourage you to sit down in one of the comfortable chairs. They are very helpful - if you'd like to schedule a tour for seeing the city and surrounding area, just ask, they will set this up for you with a smile. I loved my room as well. It has an area for the bed and then a little nook for the desk and TV, which was very modern. Right now I do not have my camera with me, but hope to post some pictures to show you just how chic and boutique-like this hotel is. It was very comfy, there are robes and slippers in the armoire, and the bathroom is updated and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) all smell good and are not cheap like some places have. I would definitely recommend this to other travellers, perfect location to explore Galway!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Dublink
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

The location of this hotel was fantastic. The rooms are quite small as are the bathrooms but they had Bathrobes and slippers, Tea/Coffee in the room. Decor is lovely. We didn't get a chance to have dinner in the hotel as we had other plans but breakfast was great, in particular the hot breakfast. Would definately recommend this hotel for leisure or business. The service during our stay was great, most staff are very friendly and attentive. The hotel was very good value when compared to other hotels in Galway- this City unlike others in Ireland don't seem to have to reduce their rates in this current climate. If you are visiting Galway don't pass this hotel- over all excellent

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Spent 1 night at this location last week and to say i was disappointed is an understatement. The bedroom and bathroom were absolutely tiny. The hotel's own website boasts "comfy bathrobe's & slippers" - none in the room we were in. You would need a degree in engineering to work the coffee machine, even the porter couldn't get it working. Yes the location is excellent but that is all - overall a very disappointing visit to the House Hotel, won't be returning or recommending to others.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

We had stayed in The House hotel last weekend with my fiancee. We had no special occasion, just weekend away from our work. As i am working in hospitality i could say that our stay was excellent from start to finish. All members of staff are very professional and welcoming. I have booked through The House hotel website and got very good offer including dinner and breakfast. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Bathroom big enough and huge bed. We ordered breakfast to the bed and its arrive on time and was dellicious. We had dinner on Saturdat night in the dining room. Restaurant staff was very welcoming and proffesional, dinner was great. I had steak, which i ordered rare and it was rare as it should be. My fiancee had local salmon with prawn sauce and this meal was realy dellicious. Something chocollate as a dessert was very nice too. Dinner itself was very good, we had three courses each and coffee and it was almost for free, as i had it incuding in my room rate, beatifull. Before dinner we had cocktail, there was some kind of promotion and i think we paid about 7 something for cocktails, this is very good price. After our check out on sunday morning we had tea and scones in the lobby where i have checked my emails through free wireless. We left around 1pm, which was already busy in the restaurant, but we did not have lunch, because we were rushing back to Dublin. Over all we could hardly recommend The House for nice and not expencive weekend away on west coast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights back in April last year to get some work done as well as some shopping.

The first thing that struck me about this hotel was how comfortable it made me feel as arrival. The low-down table in lieu of a reception desk is a lovely, chilled-out touch that set the tone for the whole stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

My room was very individual with funky decor, a small modern bathroom and a flatscreen tv. The bed was wonderful--big and extremely comfortable. There was a nice selection of TV channels and movies on demand. Complimentary internet access was very nice and unique to this hotel. The rainforest shower was the most incredible shower I've ever used.

Food in the hotel was good. I ate mainly from the bar menu. Breakfast in the morning was lovely and served by very attentive staff.

Location is perfect, right off the main shopping street and in easy walking distance to the main square.

All in all, a very good stay and I will return.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Roscommon, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

This was booked as a surprise for me for Valentines and I wasn't aware I was going again so quickly after going in January! We made decision not to use the bar after the problems we experienced in there in January and were given a room on the 3rd floor (room 308). Again the sound proof windows were in evidence and the room itself was more roomy than the previous one's, however there were rooms marked staff all around us and we got an early wakeup as they were in and out of these rooms with great regularity. The bathroom was a little more snug but still had everything we needed and the shower again drenched the floor of the bathroom. No coffee maker thist ime, just a kettle and I was really disappointed as I feel that the features that made me love this hotel in the first place are just falling away. As in January the minibar was not stocked (a new policy implemented in recent months I've been told!). The room was also pretty cold (had the aircon up at max to get the room warm and it didn't really heat up very well). No turndown service whatsoever either (this was also the case in January). We got breakfast in bed and that didn't turn up on time. As checkout is at 11.00 I rang reception at 10.15 about breakfast not being around and was told they were running late. It was almost 10.30 before breakfast arrived and it was delicious but we had to eat and run due to the checkout time. The television is on some sort of sleep mode and kept turning itself off and the light switches on the bed didn't do what they said they would. The nightlight turned on the desk lamp and a couple of other weird things like that! Also the light over the mirror in the bathroom switched itself on and off sometimes while in the there and the light in the wardrobe stayed on unless the master switch was turned off and on and the wardrobe doors not opened again. The house seems to be going downhill and fast as this stay was worse than in January. The receptionist was lovely though, as in January, but a nice receptionist is not going to save this hotel from itself.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
eire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

I had booked myself & 4 of my friends to stay in this hotel through a hotel booking website - however the Hotel had the incorrect prices on the website - something I was not aware of at time of booking. Anyway a deposit was taken from my credit card and a staff person contacted me to say they would not honour the booking at the price I was quoted on the website. I eventually spoke to the Manager of the hotel who was rude and unhelpful. I did not receive an apology and when I asked The Manager to put in writing why the hotel would not honour my contract the Manager replied 'they didn't have too" - The Manager proceeded to call me a 'little girl' in what I can only describe as a derogratory tone and hung up with a 'bye, bye'.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends