“Hope to get the chance to return”
Review of The House Hotel

The House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Hope to get the chance to return”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed over night at the Galway House Hotel. It's more for adults/couples than
Families but We did see one child. The decor is
Fantastic. Plenty of deep comfy chairs to relax and unwind in, the decor is very modern and contemporary. It's central to all the restaurants, clubs and pubs, the room was clean, tidy and modern, a complementary bottle of water waiting for us..a small bottle of wine and nibbles were available At a charge, tea and coffee making facilities in the room, the shower was delightful...a Waterfall one! The staff were very helpful, I had a cake for my husbands birthday and they Put it in the fridge til it was needed. Breakfast was great, I had eggs Benedict..a real treat!! I'd highly recommend the Galway House Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us via Tripadvisor.

We appreciate all your kind words and will pass on your compliments regarding the eggs Benedict.

We are thoroughly delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and yours back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Margaret Jenkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Foxford, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff in the house were amazing .we did the cocktail demonstration my party and I had such a great laugh. My mother in law even took a fancy to the bar man. All my guests enjoyed there dinner and breakfast the next day. Some of the girls were even using the free wifi to price another stay in hotel. I would so recommend thisplace to anyone organising a hen party every email I sent I got quick replies every time. We had deluxe doubles and we had loads of space.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us here at The House Hotel, Galway.

Here at The House Hotel we aim to ensure all our guests have a memorable stay and it would seem on this occasion we were successful. I'm delighted to read that your room met with your expectations and you enjoyed the space in an upgraded Deluxe bedroom. Thank you very much for recommending us to your family & friends.

We all look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Really nice Hotel, lovely linen sheets and really comfortable bed. Location is excellent for Bars and City Centre. We stayed last night (Sunday) and it was really relaxing in the bar and the Porter could not do enough for us. He was on the ball and anyone coming in to Reception got his immediate attention as did we until very late. We will stay again. Only one small thing that surprised me. The glass panel in the downstairs Gents was really grubby and some mildew on it and our bathroom could have done with a little storage shelf at the sink.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your break at The House Hotel, Galway. Thank you in particular for your feedback on our Night Porter. We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction and we are so glad to read your kind words about our staff. I will pass your kind words onto our Night Porter who was on duty on Sunday night.

I am disappointed to hear you have found a glass panel in Gents not cleaned properly. We pride ourselves of keeping all public areas clean and tidy at all times. I can assure you this is a very rare and isolated incident to which we can only apologies for. I have passed your comment onto our Housekeeping Manager.

Overall I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my third trip to the House hotel. I had my own hen there 3 years ago (March 2011) and then returned for a friends hen in April 2013. I fell in love with this hotel from my own hen and had promised I would return with my mum and sister to reminisce. (So finally planned a return -a girly break away with Mum and sister as a treat for my Mums bday); I am also 5 and half months pregnant too so needed some pampering before the big arrival! The House Hotel did not disappoint. We took the delux suite for 3 and had lots of room- decor in this hotel (both reception and rooms) is just fab and adds to the girly atmosphere (great for pics)! We had afternoon tea upon arrival which was a nice treat and the staff were very flexible and helpful about changes in time for this! We had an amazing breakfast the next morning - the best I have had in any hotel. There is real attention to detail in this hotel- they are always thinking of the clientelle! The location is great- just 3-4 minutes from Shop St for retail therapy and some nice restaurant and 10 minutes from the bus-train station. This is not for couples who want a quiet romantic break away!!! This really is a girly haunt (hens book this hotel)! So book it for your hen or some girly fun with family!!! You will not be disappointed. Cannot recommend highly enough! :) Thanks for an amazing trip back and hope to see u again soon :) Happy memories :)

Room Tip: Delux suite - 3 person is a noisy suite as it is right above the disco... (but they did warn us of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Charlene,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other trip advisor users. It was a pleasure to welcoming you back at the House Hotel, Galway. We are delighted to hear your mum, sister & you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your lovely comments on our staff and Afternoon Tea.

I am glad to read that you like your room. Our Super Deluxe Rooms are our premium rooms, they are very spacious and are perfect as family rooms. As some of our Super Deluxe Rooms are allocated on the 1st floor over the bar we always advise guests if a function with Dj is booked in our Cocktail Bar & Bistro.

Thank you again for your return stay and for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not that we were not warned! I am being a bit harsh on the rating of this hotel purely because we did not enjoy it as much as we should have had because of all the parties going on...and yet we knew about it and went for it anyway thinking that maybe there would not be any that particular w'end! The hotel is lovely, pink, girly, cute, comfy! really nice altogether and both male or female can enjoy! The room was pretty and comfortable, the bathroom could have been a bit bigger or at least with a bit of storage to put on your toiletries but no big deal.
The location is fantastic and although the hotel does not offer carpark facilities, they do have a negotiated rate with a nearby car park (E7/24hrs) so that worked for us.

Things get bad when we order cocktails (lovely friendly staff, and great cocktails by the way !with special deals on cocktails on a Friday night!) but no where comfy to drink them because the place was either taken over by hen or birthday parties, or reserved for more parties...So we drank them at the bar counter on both evenings, nice but we never got the chance to sit on those lovely sofas... The restaurant on saturday night was packed with a hen party leaving other residents having their dinner in the lobby which was bad form and looked tacky..

The other thing was the disco..there is actually no night club but the restaurant becomes one with DJ after a certain time, which is nice as we even joined the fun on our way back to our room; the problem is that even on the top floor you could hear the music! That did not bother us that much as it was after 2am and the party ended shortly after that time...but we were glad the reservation staff read our requirements by booking us on the top floor.

Finally the breakfast was not good...and I am actually surprised to read so many good reviews about it so id like to think it was just a bad w'end for us to be there. We turned up at 10am the sat morning, no juice left and noone bringing some more! the continental buffet was mediocre with a choice of either salami or ham or cheese of average quality, a few croisants, bread, fruit salads. Passed the breakfast finish time, they do not bring you more so come early! the hot breakfast was ok, I had pancakes on the sunday morning..again very average. If you get a room and breakfast deal, just come early; if you have a rate that doesnt include the breakfast, dont bother having it there. Galway offers so many lovely places for breakfast and brunch, so go for this option instead!

Again, reading at all the good comments about this place, Id say we were just unlucky; but when you pay that kind of money (we did not have any discounted rate or anything) you expect a good experience any time. For this reason, we will not be coming back; I will recommend it though but will warn people!

Room Tip: If there is a party on, you will hear the music on any floor, but go for the top floor for better ch...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay here at The House Hotel. We really do appreciate your lovely comments in relation to our décor – especially that both male and female can enjoy!

Our lobby was designed by a South African lady and our rooms by an Italian – both of which we do enjoy receiving multiple compliments are. We have taken on board your comment in relation to extra storage in the bathrooms and this is now something we’re looking in to.

I am delighted that you complimented out cocktails, it’s an area we take quite seriously here in the hotel and one we do specialise in. It’s unfortunate however that you didn’t feel comfortable drinking them due to the busy nature of our bar. This is something we strive to find a balance in – we have become such a popular local venue for celebrations yet our in-house guests are always our number one priority.

Our Reservations Team do take extra notes on each booking and when you requested a top level floor it was always our aim to ensure this was the case. I’m glad on this occasion your request was indeed taken on board and fulfilled. We are a very popular local venue at the weekend and it is our intention that all guests fully enjoy their stay here at The House.

I’m disappointed to hear that breakfast was not up to standards as it is certainly not the norm, in fact it is usually the area which we receive the best comments on. I have passed your comments on to the Head Chef. We have discussed in detail and can ensure you this will not be the case again.

I do hope your previous stay will not deter you from joining us again here at The House and hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you back once again.

Best wishes,
Margaret Jenkins
dublin
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have just come back from Galway and stayed in the house hotel and have to say it is probably my favourite hotel in galway and I have stayed in a few. While this is a small hotel this simply adds to its charm.
The rooms were lovely and the hotel has a very homely feel to it. I look forward to staying here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Ann Karen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Galway and for leaving your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of the hotel. We aim to have a home away from home experience for our valued guests and I'm happy you picked up on this during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,
Roscommon
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My mum & myself just back from a wonderful 2ngt stay @ the house hotel. From start to finish we really enjoyed our stay. We were greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist. When I booked this hotel 2months ago I requested a quiet room & through to their word we never heard a sound either night despite the fact that there seemed to be a couple of hen party's stay n there. Our room was lovely & clean and the breakfast was very tasty. Fantastic stay & will def b back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Majella,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your stay last weekend here at The House. I am delighted to hear that your mum & yourself have enjoyed all aspects of our Hotel from start to finish.

Thank you for most kind comments regarding our staff and service, it truly is a boost to read a review like this. I appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our bedrooms and breakfast.

Our friendly and courteous Front Desk team is very always willing to go the extra mile for guests to ensure they will have the most memorable and luxurious stay. They do their best to meet guest’s special requests. The fact that we have Hen Groups staying with us most of the weekends, we always make sure that our individual guests will enjoy their stay and good night sleep if they are retiring to bed early.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.