“Hen hotel”

Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin
“Hen hotel”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I went to The House for a hen and the service, rooms and cleanliness were all very good. The breakfast was excellent, one of the best hotel breakfasts I had. On the Saturday night the hotel was packed with hens which obviously suited us but I can imagine it may have been annoying for anyone else staying there. Great location too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I'm thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel from location, service and cleanliness to the breakfast served in the mornings.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the your night as we are a very popular choice for Hen Parties on Friday and Saturday nights with the party atmosphere being electric in our Cocktail Bar when the DJ starts off after 10pm.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Margaret Jenkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Newcastle
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at The House Hotel for 3 nights towards the end of a month long trip through Ireland, and are so glad that we did. The staff were so caring and made us feel incredibly welcome. Nothing was too much bother - from booking a hairdresser appointment, to making terrific restaurant bookings, to general advice...We have never experienced front office staff so helpful...and we are seasoned travellers.

This is a family owned Hotel, and clearly the staff are all happy to work here.

The decor is simply scrumptious and very luxurious. Our rooms were terrific, the Rain head shower was divine and the beds very comfortable.

Special mentions MUST go to: Matt, Laura, Stephanie and Margaret who made us feel so special.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories of our stay in Galway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear seasoned traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments via tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear you had such a fantastic stay and you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and I will pass your kind words onto the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a ball on my sisters hen at the House Hotel. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The location is just brilliant. Great buzz around the hotel and the breakfast was delicious!! I just can't recommend this Hotel enough. I will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on TripAdvisor. it was a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your recent Hen Party at our Hotel. We take great pride in our Hen Party packages and i'm thrilled to hear we were accommodating to your needs.

I will personally pass your complimentary feedback to the chef's regarding your breakfast and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Ratoath, Meath, Ireland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed in the House Hotel last weekend as there was a group of us celebrating my friends 30th Birthday. I had cocktails in the bar on a few occasions but never stayed in the hotel. Upon arrival, I was really impressed with the reception area- so modern and girly. Staff were very welcoming. We had lunch in the bar- this was really lovely and also very relaxing. Evening meal was included in our package- I couldn't fault the meal, however the cocktails were very poor :(. Hotel rooms were very basic, to be honest I expected more from them. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I will be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lorraine N
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would first like to wish you Happy 30th from all the team here at The House Hotel and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is such a pleasure to hear guests speak with such regard to our welcoming staff as I find this makes our Hotel the popular establishment it is and i'm thrilled you mentioned this. I will be certain to pass your kind comments onto my staff.

I was also very pleased to read you enjoyed your two meals with us between your relaxing lunch and your evening meal.

I am disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your cocktails with us and would definitely appreciate more feedback regarding this matter as we pride ourselves in our cocktail making skills along with our extremely popular cocktail making classes.

Thank you for your constructive comment regarding the room. All our rooms are decorated in a fresh modern style with all the amenities required for your stay. We have kept the decor in mind with the idea that not everyone has the same taste. All opinions however are greatly appreciated and noted for future renovations.

We very much look forward to your next trip to The House Hotel.

Cork
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for work for 2 nights. Staff are excellent, very friendly, professional, courteous. Had breakfast 2 mornings and dinner 2 evenings and food quality is excellent. Room is also perfectly kept. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable with a fridge and safe also. My favourite aspect of the room has to be the shower. I'm incredibly fussy where showers are concerned. Most hotels and B&Bs I have stayed in, the shower head is fixed on the wall shooting out against you. This one is also fixed but the shower head is directly overhead giving a more powerful comfortable shower.

This is definitely one hotel I would come back to stay in again without hesitation. I would also heartily recommend this hotel to any of friends

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaCork
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at The House Hotel and taking the time to review us via Tripadvisor.

It is such a delight to read your comments regarding our staff members, what a wonderful accolade. Our guests are very special to us and we want them to have a warm, welcoming and wonderful stay.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your two meals with us and your comments are very much appreciated regarding the rooms comfort and amenities.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warmest regards,

Eagle River, Alaska, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the House Hotel in September and were delighted. It could not be better located, right in the center of Galway and just steps away from the harbor as well as a lively restaurant and retail district. Also not far from the Salthill Prom if you are interested in getting a little excercise. The staff was very accomodating, friendly, and helpful. The common areas (lobby, dining room and bar) are very chic and playfully decorated. The rooms are a bit small, but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the dining room was very good. The car park was a couple of blocks away, but we left our luggage in the lobby and drove the car right up to the door to pick it up, so the walk to the car park was not a hardship. Overall, we had a very good experience and will remember the House Hotel next time we are in Galway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the House Hotel for 3 nights in July 2013 on our first trip to Ireland. This was my favorite stop in Ireland - Galway and the House Hotel! Clean and comfortable rooms with A/C (there was a bit of a heat wave when we were there and not many hotels have A/C) Entire Staff was awesome - very friendly and helpful! Delicious breakfast and great bartenders! Great location -Short walk to restaurant, pubs and shopping. Excellent value for the price - I will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Galway!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple