“wow!”

Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Galway
dublin
“wow!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

such a breath of freh air writing this reviev...we arrived midweek and although the hotel looked busy as we walked in we were met with a sea of smiles in the lobby..the receptionist made our checkin so easy and even got our bags to our room before we made the short journey up to the 1st floor. we had not stayed in galway for 10 years. we were recommended to eat at their restaurant which for our 1st night was ideal as we were so tired.The menu was very neat lots of dishes that I wanted to try but again I was recommended to have the confit Duck starter followed by the salmon which was fantastic. The srvice and attentiveness of the staff was second to none. I have to say that our entire experience at this "little gem" was one of the best experiences i have had in a Hotel in Ireland

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I dont normally write reviews but as im a regular hotell visitor ive "seen them all" but this hotel stood out among the rest i've been to this yr alone esp the restaurant. The food was AMAZING something onn the menu to suit evryones pallet. The staff were so accommodating and helpful and their knowledge of their job was something that not many hotels can b proud of. To sum it up, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel especially the restaurant to anyonee planning a stay in galway or in ireland asas a matter of fact. 5*

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I would like to recommended that place, service and food had been improved, I was there few months ago and I can see huge difference now. I felt really good in the restaurant, food was amazing, high standard of the service. Manager was always going around tablets and paying enough attention to guests i think his name was Mark. My mom was very impressed about style she said that, she loves that place. We will come back there for sure! I would like to say thank you to all staff!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Location is perfect - close to quay street and nearby to Spanish Arch. If you do want to leave the Hotel to explore the city everything is close by. We decided on staying put and enjoyed too many cocktails(lots to choose from). Had a lovely meal and all the staff we really accommodating and friendly. Rooms were very comfortable and we had one overlooking the harbour.
Overall great experience, would highly recommend it. Hard to find a stylish city hotel like it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here as party of group for a weekend away hen party and it was EXCELLENT! We had a cocktail class & dinner included in our package. The cocktail class was great fun and the dinner was delicious. Our twin room was small but had everything we needed and was tastefully decorated.

The downside is they have no hotel parking, and you have to park down the road in a multistory carpark and haul your luggage up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cunga22
MAroon Heaven
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I seldom write reviews - in fact I lied I just don't write them I get my secretary to write them for me. But in this Instant I feel I have to express my upmost pleasure in staying in this Magnificant Hotel, I would even go as far as saying this place is the best hotel in Ireland.

I loved the location of this hotel, close to everything but hidden away so no one can find you. The decor is boutique and reminded me of the Ritz in Paris.

The management of this hotel go to extra lengths when dealing with their customers. My youngest Child Emer awoke at 4am and wanted a Fish Finger Sandwich. Not only was this no problem to the Kitchen, but was done inside 15mins with a cup for tea for the tired parents.

Galway is a lovely city, in fact I proposed to my most recent wife there. On our last stay we celebrated our 6th Anniversary which I researched and found out as the Sugar anniversary. I asked room service to provide a 1kg bag of Suicra to be placed under my wifes pillow to celebrate the anniversary. The look on her face when she woke up to find the sugar in the morning was brilliant and I'd like to thank the management for organsing that, strange as it must have seen at the time.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Galway Bay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Maroon_Heaven
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best ive stayed in! We stayed for 1 night as part of their hen party package.

The pink décor of the hotel is really trendy and suits a girl’s weekend. The staff were superb! As a party of 19 girls we were running late but the staff were really accommodating and we didn’t feel rushed at any point.
The rooms are comfortable & clean, although we could of done with some more towels and the swinging door without any lock is an interesting touch!

Location is ideal with only a short walk to Quay Street and all the main bars. For those not wanting to brave the Galway weather (rain), the restaurant is turned into a late bar with their own DJ so there is no need to leave the hotel.
Breakfast and dinner was really nice with plenty of choice.
Highlight of the trip was the wide selection of reasonably priced cocktails…the Hobo (mint, elderflower & Prosecco) is a must!!!
Ill definitely be back during my next trip to Galway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends