“Is there a Better Hotel in Ireland indeed Europe?”
Review of The House Hotel

The House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I seldom write reviews - in fact I lied I just don't write them I get my secretary to write them for me. But in this Instant I feel I have to express my upmost pleasure in staying in this Magnificant Hotel, I would even go as far as saying this place is the best hotel in Ireland.

I loved the location of this hotel, close to everything but hidden away so no one can find you. The decor is boutique and reminded me of the Ritz in Paris.

The management of this hotel go to extra lengths when dealing with their customers. My youngest Child Emer awoke at 4am and wanted a Fish Finger Sandwich. Not only was this no problem to the Kitchen, but was done inside 15mins with a cup for tea for the tired parents.

Galway is a lovely city, in fact I proposed to my most recent wife there. On our last stay we celebrated our 6th Anniversary which I researched and found out as the Sugar anniversary. I asked room service to provide a 1kg bag of Suicra to be placed under my wifes pillow to celebrate the anniversary. The look on her face when she woke up to find the sugar in the morning was brilliant and I'd like to thank the management for organsing that, strange as it must have seen at the time.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Galway Bay
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maroon_Heaven
Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best ive stayed in! We stayed for 1 night as part of their hen party package.

The pink décor of the hotel is really trendy and suits a girl’s weekend. The staff were superb! As a party of 19 girls we were running late but the staff were really accommodating and we didn’t feel rushed at any point.
The rooms are comfortable & clean, although we could of done with some more towels and the swinging door without any lock is an interesting touch!

Location is ideal with only a short walk to Quay Street and all the main bars. For those not wanting to brave the Galway weather (rain), the restaurant is turned into a late bar with their own DJ so there is no need to leave the hotel.
Breakfast and dinner was really nice with plenty of choice.
Highlight of the trip was the wide selection of reasonably priced cocktails…the Hobo (mint, elderflower & Prosecco) is a must!!!
Ill definitely be back during my next trip to Galway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eilis C
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I normally would never review a hotel but this one is sooo deserved!! I love the color pink and never thought I would find it at a very tastefully and modernity chic decorated lobby of a hotel in Ireland!!! Fun place! Just know if you come on a weekend it will be crowded! Book early! 40 rooms and each different. We were tired and spent more time in room than usual which was fabulous!!! Cozy bed, sheets & pillows. Hot rain shower! Good breakfast and warm friendly staff. Best hotel I've ever stayed in and I travel a lot!! Would come back to Galway just to stay here!!! Absolutely lovely!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The House Hotel was the first stop on a week-long sisters' trip through southwest Ireland. Wow! Great location, just steps away from Quay street. The lobby is pink! It was feminine yet bold, contemporary yet warm. We were told this is a woman-owned property and it shows, not only in the decor but also in the lovely staff. They were all women, stylishly dressed in black with pops of fuschia. They were attentive,gracious, and accommodating and went over-and-above to make us feel special. The restaurant and bar is lovely, and the rooms were modern, comfortable, and clean. A winner!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Staying on the first floor. It's 1.35am and the music from the bar is just pumping though the floor. All I want to do is sleep... It's a massive negative in light of all the positives this hotel has to offer. Pity.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Altecka
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel via Tripadvisor.

Firstly, I would like to apologise unreservedly for your experience and to point out this is an extremely isolated incident and since the time of your review we have investigated the situation thoroughly.

Upon investigation we found the DJ had set the bass up too high with the speakers that evening in question therefore penetrating sound coming through to the first floor and in your room.

At this time, I would like to state, had any staff member known of your distress at the time, there would have made every effort made to alleviate the issue promptly.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, I would be more than happy to talk with you at your convenience.

We do hope you will stay with us in the near future and please be assured your experience was a highly irregular occurance and we will endeavour to make your future stay a comfortable one.

Kindest regards,

Margaret Jenkins

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with myhusband for a couple of nights.We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary which I had mentioned when booking.From the minute we entered the hotel we were made to feel special with the receptionist wishing us happy anniversary and informing us of a free upgrade.The room was lovely with a small balcony and all we needed.At dinner that night ,which was excellent, we were given free cocktails to celebrate our anniversary.We also had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant and every member of staff were so nice and friendly and food first class.I would highly recommend this hotel and commend each member of staff for their friendliness and professionalism.Thank you for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: A room with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The House Hotel has a great location just at the edge of Spanish Parade - close enough to get there in a few minutes, but without the noise of being right in the area. The lobby is a bold mix of pinks, purples and oranges, with lots of throw pillows, definitely suited to a more feminine taste. It's beginning to show some fraying around the edges and carpets/upholstery could use some cleaning. Our room (at the front of the hotel) was spacious and while I found the bed a bit hard, my husband liked it. Same note as above on the upholstery/carpet. The room also had a lovely Juliet balcony and a peek-a-boo view of the water. A huge plus for the hotel is the staff - very welcoming and hospitable, from reception to the restaurant. Speaking of the restaurant, they serve a whopping Irish breakfast with a nice continental buffet, and decent coffee. The price was a bit high, though I attribute that to the time of year (just after the races).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple