“Very nice hotel but very very loud music”
Review of The House Hotel

The House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed May 6, 2013

While the hotel was very nice the lobby and rooms were gergous and the breakfast was great great location
.But the big problem for me is the music that went on until 2.30 on the sunday nite.Yes i do know that this is a party hotel but some people do like to sleep and this was impossible on the night that i stayed and i do know that it was the same the night before.

Also our room was very warm and the ac was not working great but then that is just me as i like my room to be very cold.I dont think i would stay here again if the music was going to be as loud again and i could not recommend it because of this

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The House Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very nice hotel, excellent location. I doubt there is a better hotel choice in Galway and I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend stay here, but then i moved to an absolutely lovely little B&B for the duration of my 3 week stay which I enjoyed even more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of Galway, on a small town block in the middle of the one way system, though it is so quiet inside you would never know. There is a little lay-by in front to deposit luggage, and the hotel has a discount arrangement with a multi-storey car park nearby which worked well. The reception was very friendly and helpful, and our (many) bags were quickly delivered to the room.
The ground floor has an expansive lounge, bar and restaurant. The meals are excellent everywhere and we had a tasty dinner, excellent sandwiches and some lovely breakfasts. It is so nice to have eggs properly cooked to order! The main walking streets of Galway are a stone’s throw away and the cosmopolitan charm of this university town and cultural centre pervades the hotel.
The room was large with a generous bathroom – one can see that quite some investment has gone into modern rooms with up to date facilities. We had a wonderful stay and called through to eat on our return journey through Galway – in summary an enjoyable place to stay, well located with modern rooms and an excellent restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for in-depth review on tripadvisor

We appreciate the importance of traveler’s comments and we appreciate your beautiful and concise description of your stay.

We pride ourselves on the service we value each individual guest we greet through our doors and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I will pass on your kind remarks to each member of the team, throughout the various departments.

I do sincerely hope that we will welcome you back to The House hotel in the very near future.

Kindest,
Margaret Jenkins

Reviewed May 1, 2013

brought the other half here for a romantic get away. had food elsewhere but came back to hotel later for some fantastic cocktails - they have a great cocktail menu there. room was amazing too. right on top with some nice views of the town. perfect place to go if you want to impress someone special

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed in The House Hotel in April 2013. Out of the many hotels I stayed in during a two week trip to Europe, this was my favorite. Beautiful, bright hotel. Great location right next to everything but not too close that you can hear the crowds. Great room with a comfortable bed!! Beautiful, updated bathroom. They put me in a room down at the end and I don't think anyone was staying around me. I usually hear doors slamming and people talking in other hotels but I didn't hear this at all. They had complimentary snacks and drinks for a mid-day snack. I didn't want to leave when I checked out. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My friend, daughter and I stumbled upon this little gem by parking nearby. We'd not booked anywhere for the night, taking a punt on finding somewhere fabulous. And we did. This gorgeous hotel, right in the heart of Galway was my favourite hotel so far on our trip of Dubai, London and Ireland. I would love to go back to this beautiful city if only to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: We slept 3 in a room and it was a bit tight but we booked late on the day of our stay and this was a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a Friday night in January (2013), as we had cause to be in Galway overnight and wanted to stay somewhere within easy reach of the restaurants and bars around Quay Street. In the end, we just stayed in the hotel, enjoying the excellent food and atmosphere. Our room was a bit on the small side, but had everything we needed, and we both enjoyed a great night's sleep. Breakfast was equally fantastic! Plenty of choice, and enough food to set you up for a busy day shopping! Although, we did sneak back to the hotel around lunchtime to enjoy another bowl of their delicious creamy seafood chowder. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple