“Walk in proved to be a winner!”
Review of The House Hotel

The House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My friend, daughter and I stumbled upon this little gem by parking nearby. We'd not booked anywhere for the night, taking a punt on finding somewhere fabulous. And we did. This gorgeous hotel, right in the heart of Galway was my favourite hotel so far on our trip of Dubai, London and Ireland. I would love to go back to this beautiful city if only to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: We slept 3 in a room and it was a bit tight but we booked late on the day of our stay and this was a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The House Hotel

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a Friday night in January (2013), as we had cause to be in Galway overnight and wanted to stay somewhere within easy reach of the restaurants and bars around Quay Street. In the end, we just stayed in the hotel, enjoying the excellent food and atmosphere. Our room was a bit on the small side, but had everything we needed, and we both enjoyed a great night's sleep. Breakfast was equally fantastic! Plenty of choice, and enough food to set you up for a busy day shopping! Although, we did sneak back to the hotel around lunchtime to enjoy another bowl of their delicious creamy seafood chowder. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night. Managed to get a good deal on B&B rate. The room was small but beautifully decorated. The bed was really comfortable and quiet given the central location. The Shower room was compact but had everything I required. Breakfast was delicious and the restaurant looked really cool. I will definately go back perhaps for a girly weekend or with my husband. No distance from all the pubs and shops.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked this hotel mainly because of its central location at the same time away from the craziness that can be Galway as we were traveling through on a tour.
Check in was a breeze no stress no angry faces all smiles and used my surname as soon as they knew who I was with every interaction.

The bar serve proper cocktails made properly not an after thought. Finally nice to see, not what I was expecting from a hotel in Galway ( I don't know why my expectations were low)...
We had the a la carte dinner I prefer to order what I want, and the sirloin was lovely and juicy. The lady had the duck which was cooked to pinky perfection. We thought about wine but were enjoying the cocktails too much..

The room was fresh and clean to the point that we were not sure if it had ever been used before... And we slept soundly that night after such a long drive from dublin.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Snidgel
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this hotel, they have really made an effort to theme it well. It is very pink and not one for the gents but maybe the cocktail menu would tempt them!! The staff are great, especially if you're at a hen party like I was and Colm the barman let us strip him.....

The rooms are small but has almost everything you need. Only downfall was that either there was no hairdryer or we couldn't find it, very strange for a girlie hotel.
Breakfast was fab, the cold items were self service and the gorgeous full Irish was cooked to order.

The bar has a great vibe with a choice of leather booths, soft sofas and a normal seats. The tables in the lobby are serviced by the bar staff which was nice.

The food in the restaurant was lovely, very mixed menu with something for everyone. The food came out slowly but there were packed to capacity and serving freshly cooked dishes so it was worth it.

Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Philthyfitz
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to the House Hotel for my sisters Hen last week and had an absolutely brilliant time in this lovely hotel. We had been organising for weeks and the hotel heard from us MANY times over one thing or another and every time the staff couldn't have been nicer to us and nothing was too much trouble - our special thanks to Cliona who is possibly the nicest and most efficient hotel staff member I have encountered.
The only little thing was we were very late starting dinner due to the seemingly shortage of staff at that point in the evening. But everything else was so perfect we said nothing and just had another delicious cocktail!
Thanks to all and to anyone looking to organise a nice hen this is the place to go!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
galwayguests, General Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Everyone at the House Hotel would like to thank you for your amazing and informative review. Cliona would also like to say thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

Sorry to hear you were delayed for your evening meal. On rare occasions, the restaurant is slightly delayed with sittings due to a high demand on dinner reservations but our sincerest apologies if there was any inconvenience caused to you and your friends.

It was a pleasure to have you here at our House and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Call us directly for the best rates on 091-538900.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Margaret Jenkins

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have just arrived back from a stay in the hotel with my boyfriend and we were disappointed with the hotel.

The location of the hotel is perfect, just minutes from town.The hotel lobby and restaurant are lovely and bright and designed very boutique like (reminded me of the pink room in the g) however the room was tiny compared to other hotels (and we were staying in a deluxe room). The rooms are modern and the bed was very comfy however the size of the room took away from this.

The hotel rates are totally overpriced (€120 for early midweek rate) for the standard and size of the rooms and you also must factor in the €8 parking charge per night.

The breakfast was so so, the menu is certainly not unique and the continental breakfast was pretty much gone by 9.30. I had the pancakes from the set menu and they were tasteless and were all left behind. There was only one girl working for the breakfast and she was run off her feet.

This would be a nice hotel to stay in if it was priced around the €90 mark but it's not worth the current pricetag and certainly disappointed us.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple