“Nice location in Salthill, Galway”
Review of Cashelmara Lodge

and 1 more site!
Cashelmara Lodge
Ranked #28 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Austria
“Nice location in Salthill, Galway”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nice accomodation in Salthill, 3km west of Galway City. Stayed here for two nights and booked the room per mobile-phone on the day of our arrival in Galway. The room with a view of the near Bay was clean, breakfast was good and the owners were friendly and helpful.

The ferry terminal (in Rossaveel) for a trip to the Aran Islands is just ~ 40 min. away and you avoid possible traffic jams in Galway City. The city itself is easy to reach with the car (ca. 5 min). In Barna, also a few minutes west from Salthill, there are some very good restaurants (seafood!).

All in all we enjoyed our stay in the Cashelmara Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
YZEURE FRANCE
Reviewed April 25, 2012

That was a great happiness to stay 3 nights in this lodge, very clean, really quiet, and we enjoy the irish breakfast. The couple FAHEY is so kind, helping us for our tour in Connemara ! I'm sure I'll come back there if I return in Galway !!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville
Reviewed April 13, 2012

B&B is right on the Bay. Great view from the second floor patio which is for everyone to share. Our room was large enough for three of us to move around and we had enough room for our luggage. Each night we were asked when we wanted breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was nice, very morning we were asked if we needed assistance in planning our day. Owner's suggested an excellent route to Quiet Man Bridge, and Cong, Ireland.

Room Tip: It was really windy one night, our room was in the back of the house and I didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marypat_MGainesville
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for 1 night in March 2012, we hadn't made a booking but the owner was very accommodating, we were lucky to get a room overlooking the Bay/Irish Sea. The B&B is run by a friendly couple who were knowledgeable of the area (they recommended a spectacular seafood restaurant at the nearby pier where we had the best meal in Ireland!).

The room was cosy (perfect for snuggling your beloved on a chilly March evening night/morning!), and well-catered for, with an ensuite (the shower had excellent hot water!), tea/coffee making facilities, TV, wardrobe and heater. There is ample space in the beautifully ornate and homely living room downstairs to relax in as well, complete with fireplace, couches, books etc. You can hardly tell the owner's family live there, as we found the place to be very peaceful and private!

Service was prompt and friendly (e.g. when I enquired about Wi-Fi, which was quick) There are plenty of options on the breakfast menu, I had the Irish breakfast and my fiancé had the normal hot breakfast (and you can help yourself to the cereals and yoghurts if you wish), which were delicious, ample and very satisfying!

Overall, we were very impressed at how tidy, clean and meticulous the room and B&B was, and we felt very well-looked after. The lovely owner gave me a warm birthday wishes on the morning of my birthday which topped it all off! Being our first B&B experience, it couldn't have been better for us! Highly recommended AAA!!!

Room Tip: We were advised this place gets busy during peak seasons, so may be best to book in advance!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We visted Ireland for the World Irish Dance competition in Dublin last year. We came to Galway without any plans or information. We just jumped on a train. We enjoyed Galway for 2 nights and the staff helped us create our plans for tours,shopping,and dinning. We live in California and we experienced Irish hospitality as if we were part of the family. We felt safe and at home. We were three women, a Grandma,Mother and 13yr old. They created lifelong memories of happiness for 3 generations. We highly recommend you stay here for as long as you can.

Room Tip: Some rooms have ocean views and some garden.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Londonderry
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights as a couple, I usually have a big smile (for no reason other than I enjoy life) We were greeted by the daughter of the house, with a big smile, an apology that her mother was out, which was not necessary. Shown our room, I'm 6ft 6in, the big bed was what we asked for. Had a pleasant conversation about a shared sporting interest and as I was competing the next am asked if breakfast could be a bit early... no problem... did I want anything special?
We were out for a meal. Salthill has the usual quick food outlets but we found a restaurant so good we booked the Saturday as well.
The lady of the house met us later, another pleasant chat and confirmation of early breakfast.
We booked B&B, the bed was good the room was clean, the shower and toilet worked, breakfast was as ordered. We engaged in plenty of conversation.... helpful.
Would I stay again, sure probably same event next year!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed in this lodge for one night but didn't have a very good experience. The owner, actually I didn't know her name until I checked the reviews below, looked very serious and 'cold' since we stepped in. We didn't even see her smile once till we left, which made us feel so 'cold' and 'unwelcome' staying here. The room facility is great but one thing, not CLEANING enough. One coffee cup in my room and the one in my friends' room were not clean at all (ours has coffee print and the other one has sugar left at the bottom!) AND THERE IS BLOOD on the duvet cover!! Actually we think she can do much better as she is at a good location and has very nice rooms! I have stayed in many places in Ireland when I travel around but this is the most uncomfortable and disappointed B&B I have ever stayed. Usually wherever I stayed I would have a chat with the owner and be recommended with advices, suggestions, and experience sharing - BUT NOT THIS ONE, just want to escape from the cold place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yiwen19
Cashelmara, Manager at Cashelmara Lodge, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Dear guest,
I am sorry you feel that way about our guesthouse and that you did not feel welcome as most people do but unfortunitly we had difficulty with your party as they were very noisy. I had to get up at 1:30 at night and ask them to be quiet and stop running from room to room, shouting and banging doors. We had a complaint from another customer about the noise that night. I tried to help these guests with restaurants etc. but they stated they were ok - Regarding smiling I always smile and have conversations upon arrival. Our rooms are always clean and it is untrue to say there was blood in the bed clothes. As can be seen from previous reviews there has never been an issue with the cleanliness of Cashelmara Lodge.
Regards,