“Warm & homey b&b close to Galway action”
Review of Asgard Guesthouse

Asgard Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed for 3 days recently at Asgard Guesthouse B&B in Galway and had a wonderful experience with Mary and her family as hosts for our stay. Traveling with my elderly father, Mary was helpful with suggestions for dinner within walking distance, referred us to her pharmacist, and helped us get some laundry done with a service picking up after breakfast & dropping off by mid-afternoon. Mary O'Flynn runs an excellent, clean, comfortable, and convenient b&b. The breakfasts in her glass-enclosed atrium overlooking her beautiful backyard garden were a special treat, with a varied menu and healthy options. I hope to get back to Galway and stay at Asgard B&B again someday with my husband. I highly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed for 3 days at the Asgard Guesthouse & Mary immediately makes you feel at home and "part of the family".
The rooms are spacious & the B&B is well located within walking distance into the center & all points of interest.
Her breakfast sun room which overlooks her beautiful flower filled garden is the best way to start the day. It's complimented by her terrific Irish breakfast that is cooked to order.
Mary even satisfied a special request when we emailed her from the States after our trip
Now that we are back in the States, the ASGARD B&B ( & Mary) remains a great memory.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our stay at the Asgard B&B in Galway, Ireland was fantastic. During our stay, I lost my wallet on a bus tour. When we returned to the B&B, Mary O'Flynn, the owner, jumped into action. She made phone calls to the bus staion, office and garage, We had to leave the next day (without the wallet). Mary kept calling even after we left for Westport to continue our vacation. She kept in contact with me via e mail. The wallet was eventually found and she will be mailing it to me. As for the B&B, it was spotless and the breakfasts were delicious. The location was within walking distance to everything in Galway. Mary made us feel like old friends whom she had invited into her home from the moment we walked in. We highly reccommend the Asgard to anyone traveling to Galway, Ireland.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Mary took good care of us. We stayed during the festivities surrounding the finale of the Volvo Ocean Race in early July 2012. The city was hopping, yet we were a short walk from the center and enjoyed quiet surroundings and completely avoided the week's traffic. Comfortable B&B, friendly hosts, first-rate breakfast, reliable wi-fi, off-street parking.

Room Tip: We had street-side room but there is a lovely garden in back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The landlady and landlord were the most unfriendly people. I arrived at around four to be told that if I made any noise I would be out. On the way to my room I was constantly told to be quite because she had a sick man in one of the rooms. I left and went to St. Jude's just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KitteyO
veronica777, Owner at Asgard Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I am sorry that Kittey didn’t get to stay with us and I welcome the opportunity to respond. Kittey was part of a hen party of seventeen women. I do not normally take hen or stag parties, as my priority is a comfortable stay for all my guests, and sometimes these groups can be noisy, to say the least. However I made an exception in this case as the person who made the reservation assured me that they were a group of mature women who would not cause any upset. However, when the group arrived, some of them had already been drinking and they had large quantities of alcohol with them. All of this was recorded by the CCTV.

I reminded them that they were not the only guests, which included a small baby and an elderly sick man, and that it was imperative that respect was shown for the other guests or I would have to ask them to leave. After one of the hen party fell down the stairs with a bottle of beer in her hand, I was very concerned about the safety and comfort of my guests and I approached the group leader. She told me they were leaving as she could not promise that the group would be quiet. All of the rooms had to be cleaned and redone after the group left and there was no charge to any of the group for all the disruption. I’m pleased that they enjoyed their stay in Galway but my priority will always be the comfort of ALL my guests.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Asgard Guesthouse in January 2012. The host, Mary, made our Ireland trip a wonderful memory forever. Mary with her warm smile went out of her way to please us. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Mary arranged for us to take two tours with Galway Tours. Needless to say, we gladly parked the car, relaxed and rode the chartered bus after her wonderful breakfast in a nice sunny room. Our host had great ideas for evening time in Galway too. Out of many B & B stays over many years; this was one of the finest!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ellen N
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Asgard Guesthouse. It is conveniently located, about a 5-10 minute walk from Eyre Square and the bus station. Mary, our hostess, was wonderful. Friendly and helpful, she made bus tour reservations for us, gave us the weather report, arranged for laundry pick up and drop off, and cooked absolutely delicious breakfasts for us. She and her husband told us about the Volvo Boat Race going on while we were there and encouraged us to check it out, which we did, to our delight. Our room was very comfortable, and we enjoyed breakfast in a lovely glass-enclosed breakfast room. Mary and her husband were very kind and made us feel most welcome. At this B&B we experienced hospitality at its best.

1  Thank Jim187291