“Lovely restaurant”

La Collina Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer a wide range of delicious home style Italian food, from our house made fresh egg pasta, traditional cooking techniques and the freshest of produce available, to our many veal, chicken and seafood dishes, to our popular steaks, and our many entree dishes, and don't forget about our traditional pizzas, which started it all. In Italy, family and friends getting together around the dinner table eating a satisfying home cooked style meal is an important part of every day. It's a place where family and friends can all come together, share a good conversation, funny stories and experiences, in a relaxed friendly environment. Our aim is to bring to you a warm, inviting, friendly environment for the whole family to enjoy and to share with us our passion for good food, good wine and good times.We look forward to seeing you dine at La Collina soon.
Reviewed November 6, 2017

We were a group of 7, everyone enjoyed the evening here. Garlic bread with cheese was delicious as were all the mains. I had the pollo collina dish which was very tasty, others had pasta dishes which they enjoyed. We had 2 children with us who loved the pizza and chips. Great wine menu. Desserts and coffee yum too. Can not fault. The staff were so good. I loved the place and am looking forward to returning again soon. Compliments to the chef and all the lovely staff.

1  Thank patplease25

Reviewed November 6, 2017

On holiday, I ate here 2x within a 10 day period. Not only was the food delicious (I had a mushroom, pasta/crème sauce the first time, and lasagna the second time), but the customer service is the best I've experience in Galway. If you're looking for great food/great Italian in Galway, I highly recommend La Collina. The server even recognized me from the first time, remembered what table I sat at, and which wine I preferred. Having lived in Italy for 3 years, this Italian food was definitely comparable. I'd make this place a 2nd home if I lived here, and hope to eat there again on future visits.

1  Thank MirandaW319
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Possibly the best Italian restaurant I've ever eaten in. From the pizza to the freshly made pasta to the most unbelievable garlic bread. An absolute hidden gem.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent meal there. Restaurant is easy to find. Quality and fresh food,excellent service, excellent money for value as well! Seem to be very busy so I strongly advise to book. Strongly recommended!

1  Thank Marie T
Reviewed October 26, 2017

My husband and I are dinner here in a quiet Tues. He had the spaghetti and meatballs. The portion was modest, and my husband said he thought the spaghetti was overcooked. However he said the homemade meatballs were delicious. If you want a salad, it is separate. I recommend ordering an appetizer or salad with if you have a hearty appetite. I had the appetizer which was chicken and mozzarella on garlic bread. It was very good and at 2 slices plenty for my small appetite. For dessert had the Charlotte honeycomb cake, it was wonderful.

Our waiter was efficient but not too enthusiastic. He did say his English was limited, so that may be why he was so quiet.

The restaurant is small but very attractive. I definitely recommend.

1  Thank ChrystineConcord_NH