“Perfect everything-Choose Kilcullen!”

Ranked #5 of 197 Galway B&B and Inns
Newport, Wales
“Perfect everything-Choose Kilcullen!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Emer and Russell are lovely people. Their B+B is cosy and good value. I came alone but never felt lonely once here. Breakfast is lush. Try Emer's homemade cookies and bread-delicious! Galway is great, Ireland is great, I shall be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

Loved Kilcullen House...rooms spotlessly clean, breakfast was lovely and tasty - everything freshly cooked. Great location, just minutes walk to the city centre and Salthill. Cool artwork in the house & the host & staff most helpful with great tips on bars and restaurants. Would stay here again on return to Galway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

Well the location for this bed and breakfast was great and the owners recommendations for things to do and places to eat were excellent. That being said, I would never stay here again. There were rather large spiders everywhere in the place, including my room and my bathroom. The shower water was way, way too hot and the owner couldn't fix it. The parking was very tight and there wasn't enough for all the guests. The room was very small and sparce (except for the 8 legged decorations) and the bed wasn't comfy at all. The breakfast was good but nothing special.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank travelingpixy
KilcullenHouse, Owner at The Stop B&B, responded to this review, February 7, 2010
Emer and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our guests that have taken the time to leave feedback on Trip Advisors. We are constantly looking to make our B and B the best it can be and find all the comments really useful. We have spent the winter renovating all our bathrooms and are delighted with the result. We really enjoyed 2009 and we look forward to welcoming returning and new guests in 2010.
Best Wishes, Russell and Emer.
Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

We stayed here in Nov and our stay in this B+B very good. Warm room, good service, host friendly, room clean and value also very good. Large breakfast helped for trip away to Burren and Connemara, fruit and ˇ´frý´ˇ was good also!! Walk to city and all restuarant, bars took 5mins maximum. Owner said closing before Christmas holiday to renovate bathroom, would stay again and really recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

This was easliy the most dissapointing B&B we stayed in over 2 weeks touring Ireland. The room was small, the bathroom tiny, and sadly the shower unit was not cleaned until I rinsed away the previous occupants stray pubes myself. The Water Bolier was in our room, so susbequently the room was too hot. Though I was asked exactly what time I wanted to eat my Irish Breakfast (the afternoon before) this info clearly wasn't passed to the kitchen as they made a point of telling me I hadn't stipulated what I wanted in advance.

2 Thank Statto74
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed here for one night and paid 80 euros which was a rip-off. The best thing about this place is its location - less than 5 mins walk from Galway city. But the room was very basic and the bed was dreadful - the most uncomfortable bed I ever slept in...I had to put a pillow under me to sleep. The bathroom needs updating, was tiny and the extractor on the ceiling was filthy. Our hairdryer didn't work and when we brought this to the staff attention that night, they said they would make a note of it for the morning but nothing was done the next morning. I think this place would be fine if they charged 40-50 euros per night but 80 is just too steep.

1 Thank Blueskiesireland
Dubin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I drove from Dublin and stayed at this great B&B for a short stay in Galway and cannot fault this place. It is only a 5 min walk from the heart of Galway city and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Great to get safe parking so close to the city too. This B&B has a lovely arty feel to it, with beautiful pictures and prints on the walls. I thought the breakfast was delicious with a variety of fruit, cereal, cheese, yogurt etc as well as the yummy irish breakfast. The owners were really friendly and gave us great recommendations for local bars and restaurants. Lovely ambience, quiet and relaxing. I will definetely be returning to this B&B again as it would make a great base for sightseeing around connemara and the west.