“Great Stay in Galway!”

Ranked #5 of 197 Galway B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Stay in Galway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife, myself and 2 other adults enjoyed a great stay at Kilcullen House last fall. The B & B is in a great location - easy walking distance to the center of Galway City. When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted by delicious smells from the kitchen (food was being prepared for breakfast the next morning). We were asked to choose our breakfast options from the blackboard in the dining room. The breakfast was awesome! Very delicious and plenty of options to choose from. The rooms were comfortable (basic but all we needed). It was the little touches that made this place special - the décor in the common area was really cool, they provided cookies and refreshments in the common living room area that you could help yourself to at any time of the day, and they provided every guest room with a list of dining/drink options in the city which was super helpful! Thanks for the fantastic stay and we hope to stay with you again if we ever return to Galway City!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I cannot recommend the stop B&B highly enough.
From the very point I emailed about availability and cost Russell and Emer were more than helpful.
The property itself is easy to locate and a short stroll from the Spanish Arch. It's also directly across from a shop with an ATM so no need to wander too far for cash.

The accommodation was very comfortable with excellent bathroom facilities in my room. I was staying for 2 nights and on the second night was offered an upgrade to one of the rooms with a view which was lovely. The breakfast was really excellent too.

Friendly accommodating staff, great location, excellent price, fab food. Definitely one to visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HRM77
Athlone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a great stay here in the summer. The hosts are extremely friendly and welcoming. There was a mix up with our booking which was sorted with no fuss what so ever. Very close to town and to Salthill. An ideal location. The breakfast is nice.

I will be back. Idea place for young people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Where to start...Russell is a fine example of what a host should be. Himself and Emer have clearly read the brief on hospitality and its easy to see this is not a job for them, but a lifestyle. My only regret is I wasn’t able to stay here the duration of my Galway visit, but next time, I know where home is. I was showing my Spanish friend a bit of Ireland and am glad the accommodation did not let down. Ok so the basics.. Room was spacious, very comfortable bed, bathroom spotless. Art work all round the b&b felt like a free exhibit in the comfort of our temporary home. Dining room pleasantly designed, like the scuttle quirky touches, magazines all around in case of the need to read. A great effort was made to not just offer a bed and food, but a home. Breakfast was yummy, simple ingredients with great tasting results. Homemade bread was just the touch, great coffee and relaxed atmosphere. The B&b is 5 min walk and you're at the Spanish Arch and right into Shop Street which is the heart of the city. We could come and go as we pleased and got back to shower and head out again for dinner and a night out, so the location is just perfect for such. The lounge is also very cosy, with literature to read, and a tea and coffee corner open all the time.
The hosts... Russell was warm and kind, very helpful directing me where to park my car. He accommodated our very early check in with no issues, and made sure our room was made up first. He had a handy map of the city and personal notes of recommended places to eat and drink , which was quite the personal touch. He gave us as much info as he could on where to go, what to do. I can't fault the stay in any way. It was the hosts' warmth and friendliness that made the stay memorable and one I no doubt will take again when next in Galway.

Room Tip: Just make a booking!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Perfect place to stay in Galway. Quick 5 minute walk to the center - supermarket, post office and atm right across the street - great location. This was a very agreeable (four night) stay: to pick out just a few highlights - truly great breakfast & French-press coffee, great, friendly atmosphere and above all, great hosts who really make you feel welcome. My room was very clean, bath was recently refurbished. As someone else pointed out, rooms are not overly large, but I loved mine right under the roof. I read reviews here before booking and I found the praise accurate and well-earned. Highly recommended, will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the most pleasant B&B I have ever stayed at. The hosts were excellent , the breakfast was hot and homemade (try the soda bread!), and the room was comfortable. Plus the price is totally right! It's not a far walk from town or Uni, and there is even a grocery store across the street if you need anything.

I would recommend this B&B to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed November 2012
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved our stay at The Stop in Galway. The location is excellent - took us about five minutes (strolling) to walk to Quey Street. Breakfasts were awesome - my kids say that they were the best we had during our stay in Ireland. The rooms and bathrooms are a tad small and the mattresses are really firm, but bedrooms are exceptionally clean and updated. We loved hanging out in the front room and tea and cookies were always available. We have stayed at a couple of more luxiourous bed and breakfasts, but The Stop is our favorite by far. Russell is a great host and is always around to give suggestions and input.

While in Galway don't miss a stop in at the Pie Maker - best pies ever!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family