“Cold and wet.”

and up
Connemara National Park and Kylemore Abbey Day Trip from Galway
Ranked #6 of 140 things to do in Galway
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The weather in Ireland sucks, and so does this bay - I do not see any attraction whatsoever. Galway is not worth the visit.

4  Thank Alan712

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I spend 11th/12th January with The Galway Bay Hotel. On arrival there was a mix up with our room
I had booked an upgrade from a standard, but on arriving in our room i found it was just a standard room, disappointed i went back to reception to complain, they got the duty manager William Madden, and he couldn't have been more helpful. we received gifts to our room, water, sweets, bottled water, dressing gowns and a refund on the difference between a superior and standard room. We were very happy and set about to enjoy our stay. We went to restuarant that night and again treated like royality, we got a complimentary drink a beautiful window sea view table, our waiter was Brian Oliver and was very pleasant and chatted away to us, which my mum loved, she is 76 and i had taken her away for a break after Christmas, She reminisced of her younger days in Salthill, That little bit of care and attention was the making of our weekend break, the food was lovely, and the hotel i must say was very nice, friendliness of the staff was personal they spoke to you using your name. I will be back to stay with them again.
Thankyou Fiona McGarry Downpatrick Co Down.

1  Thank fionamcgarry
Reviewed December 31, 2012

"If you ever go across the sea to Ireland,
Then maybe at the closing of your day,
You will sit and watch the moon rise over Claddagh,
And see the sun go down on Galway Bay."

Galway bay is truly beautiful in all its moods and in all weathers. Bathed in sunshine or churned up by atlantic gales its a force of nature and a joy to behold.

1  Thank DoloresMontenegro
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Headed to the prom at 8 a.m., walked to Mutton Island and back and then to Blackrock for my daily swim. I entered the water just as the sun was coming up. Temperatures were pretty good for December and swimming conditions were just about perfect. I cannot think of anywhere I would rather be to see the sun coming up across the bay and the beautiful colours in the sky. This is as good as it gets!

1  Thank Salthillswimmer
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel was perfect, excellent food and helpful staff. Enjoyed walking on the beach and along the front.