“Extremely disappointing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Killowen Guest House
Ranked #163 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed September 14, 2005

We were booked for three nights last week. We arrived and I found that our bathroom hadn't been cleaned. There was hair in the shower and the towels were wet and used! We got clean towels, but the shower was never cleaned. We came back to our room the next evening to find that it hadn't been touched. The bed wasn't made, the bathroom still wasn't cleaned, and we again had to get our own clean towels. We checked out a day early and found a nice place down the road in County Clare. We ate breakfast there once, and it was good. However, if the bathrooms aren't kept clean, I wonder how clean the kitchen is.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank demhi

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2005

I flew to Shannon Airport on a Ryanair cheap ticket then caught the Eirean bus to Galway cost 12 Euro's journey took 3 hrs in heavy traffic.

Little did I know that I had arrived during the Galway races with record attendance, so as can be imagined the hotels were full.

Having been rejected by several establishments on the road out to Salthill I arrived at Killowen House the proprieter Micheal Colbert very friendly and charming in that unique Irish way offered me a single room at 60 Euro's.

Knowing that I was arriving at a peak period and running out of options I accepted the room was fairly basic and clean with towels, a wash basin and TV.

The breakfast was very good with help your self juice and cereal and the full works served to your table.

Overall I'm sure there's better places in Galway but if your having trouble finding anywhere then Killowen House will suffice.

3 Thank mostlybytrain