“Pillo Galway”

Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed there last Friday. We like to thank the excellent staff for our enjoyable stay
especially the girls who looked after us in the SPA. would definately recomment
this hotel as rooms are spotless and a great size. Its within walking distance to
the city city and at present the hotel offers free parking all day to hotel guests

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PilloHotel, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to all departments, especially the Spa and the accommodation team. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Being honest I never stayed there but i work in Galway. My phone died and my mum was worried about me driving home that night as it was stormy. We got cut off and I was afraid my mum would think something bad may have happened. I went into the hotel and they where so nice, they let me use the phone to ring home and understood that I was in need of a little help. Again I know I didn't stay here but staff play a huge part and this place has it. Thanks :)

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Loula,
It was really nice to read how you were looked after when you called to the hotel in need of assistance. I am so glad that the staff ensured that you could put your mothers mind at ease. We are very fortunate to have a team that will go the extra mile and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with them.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed with my wife and son who had a separate room. The beds were not the most comfortable that I have slept in. We found the mattress quite hard. The main fault was the toilets which would not flush very well. I spoke to my son and he said he had the same problem with the toilet in his room. Hopefully the management will get this resolved.I reported the problem to the receptionist. On the positive side they have a lovely barman named Tommy who also serves the food. He has a wonderful personality that all in the hotel trade should emulate. The bar food and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you found the mattress too hard. I hope that this did not impact too much on you having a good sleep. I am not sure from your review which rooms you stayed in, however, I have passed on your feedback about the toilet flush to the accommodation manager. On a positive note, it was lovely to read that you enjoyed our barfood and breakfast. It was also lovely to read that Tommy looked after you so well. He was very happy to read your feedback about him. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I loved this hotel. They were always so helpful and knew me by name. One example of their helpfulness was when I decided to go on the cliffs tour so at 11 at night they took care of it and they had the bus pick me up the next morning and drop me off after the tour. They also stored my luggage free of charge for a weekend when we took a trip to Blarney. Great friendly service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced a high standard of service and friendliness from the team during your time with us. We hope that you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and that you will return to visit again in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our second time staying at Pillo Hotel. The staff were very helpful and pleasant and the food at dinner and breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PilloHotel, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post another lovely review. It is always lovely to hear when guests return to stay with us, and that your experience on both occasions was very positive regarding the staff and food. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Pillo Hotel recently and we had the most enjoyable weekend. From our arrival we were greeted by the most friendly staff on reception. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal in the Hotels Olive tree restaurant and once again waiting staff were kind, friendly and professional. On the Saturday we both booked in for a massage at the Spa. Again staff here were warm and friendly and the facilities and treatments available were excellent. We will definitely be returning and we could not fault this Hotel in any area. Excellent Hotel Experience here and would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone.10/10

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review about your recent stay with us. It was lovely to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the standard of your room, our food offering, the service which you received and your treatment in our very popular Spa. We are very happy to read that you plan on making a return visit and we look forward to looking after you both again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights in this hotel.Our stay was good. The hotel was clean and the staff warm and friendly. Check in time in most of the hotels in Ireland is 3 P.M. We arrive early and so the staff informed us that the room was not ready. We were planning to leave the luggage and go get some lunch. Meanwhile a room opened up and manager informed us that we can get into the room which was very nice. I wish this hotel was close to the center of the city. It is about 25 minutes walk from the center

Dear Guest,
It was nice to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that you were looked after by the team. I am glad that you were accommodated with an earlier check in. For future information, if you prefer not to walk, there are always taxi's outside the hotel which cost approx. €7 to the city, or alternatively there is a regular bus service to the centre of town.