“Good hotel and good experience”

Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed for a two night stay, hotel was easy to find, directions on website very accurate, free car park, check in staff very friendly, room was lovely, a little bit too warm thou. . Asked for a non smoking room, but next door was a smoking room and the smell travelled from the air vent into our bathroom. We ate at hotel bar as restaurant was closed. Waiter at bar was extremely friendly and helpful. Slept well in comfortable bed. Breakfast was lovely, staff were very friendly. The Daily Papers available to read. Ice was available in corridor very handy. Check out was very quick and staff were friendly. Car was very safe in car park. I would stay here again when I return to Galway but will ask for a room that is not near any smoking rooms in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We needed to go to Galway for business and got a deal for a king size room with breakfast. The hotel is on the outskirts of town on a busy roundabout. There were several hen weekends that had (thankfully) just checked out before our arrival and the remains of another party in the bar. As we arrived a little early we decided to have a sandwich in the bar. The waitress told us we couldn't have a sandwich as it was lunchtime!! We insisted so she came back with a sandwich as we had asked. Very odd. Also the t.v. in the bar was so loud we had to have our lunch in the reception area. The room was very acceptable, clean and a good size. All facilities are available, aircon, WiFi, etc. The bed was very comfortable. We ordered breakfast in our room which arrived on time but which was dried out, so not very appetising. Car parking is available under the hotel and is free. We enquired about dinner but the menu was not very encouraging, so we dined elsewhere. Would go back but please improve your food! The hotel has a spa but we didn't use it, so cannot comment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ive just returned from a two night break at this hotel and felt I had to praise the staff and service. We were a hen party of ten and treatef so well by all staff. They simply could not do enough for us.
They also gave us the penthouse complimentary which was just beautiful.
The food is also amazing.
Overall I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a deal for 2 nights at Pillo Hotel with a massage.
The heating was not working in the room we were given. We complained to the reception and we changed for a warmer room. Later on we realised the heating was not working either and called again the reception. Within seconds a staff member brought us a heater and we were fine for the rest of the stay.
We had diner twice at the hotel bar/restaurant. Food ok.
As we had a massage included in our package we could access the Thermal suite, which was a nice experience.
The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the city center.
Hours after we left the hotel, I realised I had forgotten a dress in the wardrobe. I was very upset and when we called they could not check as it was the evening but they confirmed the day after they had it and they sent it to us. I was thrilled with the service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently had a pampering day in the spa with a friend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was excellent and Niamh looked after us very well. I've already recommended her to friends so keep up the good work!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recently took my first trip to Galway and stayed here. Was impressed with the hotel which is well located within walking distance to the City Centre. Also very close to other shops, supermarket, fast food restaurants and a cinema.

We ate in the hotel restaurant which was tasty but the menu was different to that in that bar and we were unaware of this because we checked the hotel website which shows the bar menu. Notwithstanding this, the food was nice and server was also helpful.

We used the spa too which was very relaxing and I found the staff helpful when dealing with them before arriving.

We experienced an issue with our room on arrival but hotel staff were great in resolving the issue and moved us to a different albeit smaller room.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My Husband and son treated me too a night away in Galway .Having checked in.We dropped in our Bags. And went to the restaurant to order food .We were immediately seated and a high chair was offered to my son .We placed our order .We were told there would be a little delay due to the food being freshly prepared the food arrived 10 mins later it was sooo worth waiting for .The pizza was delicious as was my salad fresh and crunchy .The waiter was so nice to my son and made us feel very welcome. He was very thoughtful and gave my son books and crayons a really nice gesture .Sorry I didnt get his name.I had a full body massage and facial by a girl called Niamh who really went into detail about my skin and advised me too try the dermalogica range As a result Im addicted now .Thank you for the lovely fluffy robe and for telling me to go into the relaxation area to relax.I felt human again no baby talk!!!.I CAME ON TOO WRITE A GREAT REVIEW .However after reading some other peoples BULL .... .I felt compelled to write WOW great service free counselling and my Boys had a ball .Thank you pillo for a short wonderful stay and great customer service .I WILL BE BACK

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family