“Nice!”

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Galway
County Dublin, Ireland
“Nice!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went to the spa here with my mom. The treatments was excellent and the service was awsome, but the thermal suite was not that good and did not have a pool or jacuzzi, just hot rooms and cold showers. They have some good package deals which are great to save money on multiple treatments.

The Olive bistro cafe was great! they have yummy wraps and sandwiches for lunch as well as more filling stuff like salmon or pasta. It was really cheap too!

Room Tip: Get a spa Package!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Hebrew first
Ireland
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My Husband and I have just returned from a 3 day stay at the Pillo,where we got a terrific deal for the over 55's. It was excellent value for money,and I couldn't find fault with anything while we were there! It was our second stay there,and we weren't disappointed.The staff were so friendly,and the food was delicious.We found the rooms to be spacious and clean.We were to the front of the hotel,which we were worried would be a bit noisy,but once the window was closed it was fine.Although all the staff were friendly,I have to point out that the receptionist,who is oriental,was an absolute dote,and I think the chaps name is Peter Doyle,I'm not sure if he is a Manager or assistant manager,but they are such a credit to the Pillo Hotel,and our stay was made all the better for having come into contact with both of them! I apologise for not getting the receptionist's name,I will next time :-)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nan2two
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2011

All staff were very helpful and the treatments were brilliant. Had a great girlie weekend & really enjoyed our stay. There was 12 of us staying and great fun. One of us even lost our phone and they found it for her! The food was lovely and we would definiately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank laura_jayneg
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a three night break at The Pillo Hotel, Galway. We had a fantastic room, found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. Could not find a fault with it. Really enjoyed our stay and will certainly return to The Pillo.
Liam & Ann (Wicklow)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed in this hotel last saturday night, and experience we had were far from luxury 4 star hotel. Room wasn't clean precisely dust everywhere, we couldnt use air-condition becouse was just making worst. Not great for person with allergy for dust and small babe...accept this on beds was lots of hair as well under sheet on mattress protector...not nice. Room was very small as for deluxe room (we were promise, babe cot, but didnt get it) . Service in the bar as well at reception, was poor, quality of food in the bar - average, breakfast not great, we ordered breakfast in bed, under the plate was napkin with nice round black reflection..., cups for the tea or fresh milk is not a standard in this hotel so we did,t get one with our breakfast. Summarizing we would not recommend it this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank YoungCouple111
Courtyardgalway-GM, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear YoungCouple111,

Please accept my apologies for the below standard experience at Pillo Hotel Galway. I am shocked to hear of the litany of mistakes you encountered from Reception right through to your Room Service. This is valuable feedback which I will use and share with the Team who will be disappointed to learn of your comments.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you and can be contacted at cian.landers@pillohotelgalway.com .

Thank you for your time and consideration

Yours Sincerely,

Cian Landers
Dingle, Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night with my sister. We got a great deal on our stay (59pps for one night b&b and one evening meal, also including complimentary access to the spa's thermal suite) it was amazing and worth every penny! The thermal suite was so relaxing and luxurious. We got a 3 course meal included and the food was really good, although more choice on the menu would have been nice, it was quite limited. We also ate in the bar for lunch and that food was great too and fairly reasonably priced. The waiting staff in the restaurant were very polite, professional and friendly. Breakfast was good quality also. The room was very nice, comfy beds (we had a twin room, both beds were double which is great). Room and en-suite were spotlessly clean. Almost all the staff were very friendly and helpful (with the exception of one receptionist who was very rude when we arrived before our room was ready, scolded me and told me to wait in the bar!! Also one member of bar staff was quite unfriendly and abrupt when taking our order) The rest of the staff were great, we got extra toiletries delivered to our door on request and were told where to go for anything else we needed, very helpful. Check-in and check-out process was easy and pleasant, receptionist arranged taxi for us, we even got given a special offer voucher for our next visit, brilliant! Very few complaints about this hotel, we had a very enjoyable stay and I will definitely go back, and next time i'll invest in a spa treatment, it was hard to resist!! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We returned here after having stayed 3 years ago, and found the surroundings to be just as comfortable as before and the service to be highly professional and courteous. Make no mistake, this is a very good quality hotel, with well equipped, large rooms. Take no notice of the reviews which complain of no flat panel TV, or no Wi-Fi in the rooms, these people need a reality check!

The only down side is the quality of the food. There is definitely room for improvement here. I'm sorry Pillo, but the pubs just do it so much better than you. Breakfast is reasonable.

On a positive note, my complaint about my meal was dealt with immediately to my complete satisfaction, in a professional and apologetic manner. Sometimes a negative situation can leave a very positive impression. Well done to the staff.

Bar prices are competitive with the local pubs, so never any sense of "rip off", which can often be found in similar hotels in the UK.

We shall certainly return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple