“Can't wait to come back”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Donacarney co. meath
“Can't wait to come back”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just back from an amazing stay at the hotel. First impressions stunning hotel, with an amazing location , quick and easy check in receptionist very friendly explaind were all the amenities were. But the best was still to come, arrived at our room took my breath away , stunning sea views the biggest bed I have ever seen snow white bed linen and a sofa bed for my 2small kids and still plenty of room for the kids to play also a huge double sink bathroom with plenty of white fluffy towels. We went for breakfast the next morning again very impressed very tasty plenty of everything and everything replaced as soon as it emptied very friendly staff and helpful, by the time we arrived back to our room it had been refreshed the bed linen on my kids bed was replaced as my kids had eaten chocolate and it had melted it was as if we checked in again. Definitely the best and most comfortable hotel with spotlessly clean rooms. Forget to mention beautiful bar also and food very tasty also waitress was very friendly especially with the kids. Could go on forever about this place will definitely be back as soon as I can x

2 Thank Emma-joy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at a really busy Easter weekend, the hotel was very busy but the staff were great. They took my bags as we were early to check in, the Room was fantastic, it was a twin changed to a superking, I couldn't work the tv and someone came up to show us how, all in all a fab time was had, don't know what Declan D's review is all about, couldn't recommend this hotel enough!!! Staff were excellent!!! Thanks for a great weekend!!

2 Thank Maycoc
birr
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Great food friendly staff lovely room one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in keep it up lovely surroundings will be back again great sea view warm and spacious room with tea and coffee and television. Daily newspaper free at reception. Nothing. Left to chance great job well done to all

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kingcoreyking
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 19, 2014

When we arrived at 12pm to store our bags as we arrived early, the Lady at reception before we could usher a word reminded us that check in was at 3pm and we should come back after then. We were aware of this and never asked any different and only wanted to store our luggage however when asked if we could pre-checkin so we could just collect our keys when we came back later that day, this seemed more of an inconvenience for them.

When we arrived back they had checked us into a twin room with separate sheets and blankets with the beds almost pushed together we rang down to ask for a room move, however we were told all rooms were like this.
A few moments later however they rang the room and explained this was a mistake and offered to room move us to a different room.
• On arriving to our new room 248
• The door was already half opened,
• The bed looked as if it had been sat on and crumbled up
• The phone was off the hook
• The toilet had been used and not flushed
• Some of the lights did not work
In all it looked as if another guest had recently been in the room.
As we had made plans and didn’t want to go through the hassle to moving again as we were short for time I explained to the desk that we were unhappy with the situation and would at least like the lights to be fixed
When we arrived later that night the main light was still not working however ever we now found that the TV in the room didn’t work. The Night Manager was very helpful however he was unable to resolve the issue and apologised and explained he would get Maintenance to have a look the next day.
Further to our announce at approx. 8.50 Am Housekeeping barged into our room. There is a serious lack of communication here as she was surprised to see us in the room
On checkout the staff were de-motivated and un-apologetic as I felt they heard this all before,
I generally stay else were in Galway such as the Galway bay Hotel and the Raddisson Hotel but thought the Salthill Hotel looked interesting so said I would give it a try.

Very disappointing outcome.

Room Tip: Try else were as good deals around city
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Declan D
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Declan D,

I am disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologising for not delivering the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations.

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and I just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.

Best Regards,
cahir
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I spent an evening and one nights B&B here,and I have to say its a really lovely hotel.The food was excellent at the party,and the staff were so friendly and efficient.Our room was so spacious and spotless,I really recommend.Overlooking the sea,a lovely view from our window,great location,and Salthill a lovely town.Really looking forward to going back.breakfast great,such variety.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the prom.but all rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CahirJosephine
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear CahirJosephine,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Salthill hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time at the 80th birthday celebrations and that our service and food was excellent.

We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions as memorable and special as possible.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just finished the annual service managers conference at the Salthill Hotel. The excellence of the staff, location and facilities all combined to turn a good conference into a great one. I cannot recommend the Salthill Hotel too highly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eamonn H
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had our wedding here. Staff were amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Food was great and they were extremely helpful with people who couldn't eat certain foods. They really made it a day to remember. Location is great as hotel looking out onto sea. Great for pictures.

1 Thank Peter K