Salthill Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,890 results
All reviewsprom restaurantsea viewgreat hotelleisure centregalway baybar foodgreat facilitieswedding receptionsalt hillwould highly recommend this hotelboth nightsenjoyable staylovely roomhotel bartop classa lovely stayfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and i just stayed here for New Years and had a ball we will be back soon! Staff are excellent they could not have done more. and hotel itself is stunning, food was great and booking service very efficient,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Eoin C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Salthill hotel. I am delighted that you had an unforgettable stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs.
The Team here at Salthill endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked the hotel through hotel.com and stayed for one night on Friday 17 January. Cost was €71. We availed of the underground car-park which is handy for avoiding the rainy Galway weather. Check in was efficient and quick. Our request for a quiet spacious room was honoured. The hotel is large and rambling but at that price we weren't complaining. Breakfast offered a good variety. The only complaint I would have are those awful "snake-like hose" hairdryers, They are useless. We ate in the bar when we arrived, It was not very adventurous, the usual burger and chips, lasagne, seafood pie, steak and chips. Could have offered up more fresh ingredients. Overall though we were really impressed

Room Tip: Room 320 has a sea and car-park view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear happy186605,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Salthill hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
I am currently reviewing the bar food menu and the new menu will be in situ over the coming weeks.
We are also updating many of our rooms and the hairdryers are on the list.

Thank you again for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We attended my sons wedding at this hotel in late december and enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the hotel immensely. From the first moment we arrived in the hotel we were made to feel very welcome. The wedding room and meal were excellent. Some of our guests had problems with bedroom noise but this was dealt with promptly and efficiently by the staff. We found the banquet manager very helpful and corteous to all our guests and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other people planning a wedding or family celebration. This was in fact our second visit to this hotel for similar family occasion.,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Macker36

Dear Macker36,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your son's wedding at the Salthill Hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.
It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that the service and atmosphere was excellent.
To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful.
We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. I am also thrilled that the staff were so practive in dealing with the noise issue to some of your guests bedrooms.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Back again to this oasis in Galway. Great value offer, we could not turn down. Usual warm welcome from Hazel in Reception. Room had no view this time but we were tired so settled in. Very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Staff remembered us and this friendly tone continued into the dinning room where our delightful waitress Iwana from Poland and chef Paddy from Kilkenny were very chatty. People make a place!! Dinner was great value and very tasty. Even my "bug bear" of the price of the "lowly" pint could not be faulted in this hotel - Dublin hotels take note!
looking forward to another break in Galway soon.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not overlook the inner "garden"
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RetireeOldcastle
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear RetireeOldcastle,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Salthill hotel. It is wonderful that our staff made such a warm impression on you and you are quite correct the people make the place!!

I have shared your kind words to Hazel, Paddy and Ivona, they were thrilled.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here on the 17th December 2013 for one night and it was amazing . The bar food was lovely and not too dear and the bar man was one of the funniest and nicest I have yet to meet I was sorry I did'nt get his name and then I could have gave him a special mention . The beds in this hotel are really something ellse, they are sooooooo comfortable and the sheets have a lovely perfume off of them a really great hotel and I hope to be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Irene C
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Irene C,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Salthill hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was excellent together with a witty barman.

We hope that you visit us again soon and thank you for your review.