“Fantastic Hotel, will stay here everytime...”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at the Salthill Hotel in Galway just last weekend and I cannot praise both the hotel and the staff enough. This is always our first choice when travelling to the west - the rooms are fabulous, fantastic sea view, spacious, spotless, bathroom huge and well stocked with toiletories. Restaurant is very good and we have eaten there on numerous occasions, when we wanted a romantic 'us' meal, but for casual dining the food in the hotel bar cannot be beaten. Breakfast is great with so many choices, but I really love the Ocean Fitness Centre, the spa area is second to none, hydrotheraphy pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, an oasis of peace and calm. I will definitely recommend this hotel and will be back in the very near future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dublin_IrelandCait
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Cait,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Salthill hotel.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our rooms, food and service.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,811)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent one night in the hotel in october,it was faultless from check in with peggy who was processional and friendly,she gave us information on buses and what was going on in galway without having to ask.The room was fabulous sea view and so comfortable .breakfast was so nice and again the staff were so accommodating.we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann D

Dear Ann D,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Salthill hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was both personable and effecient.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Pat C
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have stayed here before. Considering the price, the Lobby, Restraunt, Rooms and bar are all very nice. I particularily liked the bathrooms in the rooms.

The problem was that my partner and I were given the overnight stay as a present from a relative Via a pre paid voucher. When we arrived they asked us how we would pay even though it had already been paid for. They had no record of it being paid for only the booking, after we were sent to the room we were rang back and forth by the staff trying to get us to sort the problem out, find the voucher number, the code etc.

All of the info they were looking for had actually been sent to the hotel via email weeks in advance. We almost had to change our reservations for dinner because of the hassle. After it was all concluded and WE found the details, on checkout we were asked for the details again. Its as if there is no comunication.

My biggest problem was that the entire time the staff were very incredibly unpleasant about it. We were made to feel as if this was our fault and as though we were waisting there time. It was very uncomfortable. For this reason alone I will not be returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and quite, the A/C keeps the temperature fine. Just make sure you get a room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

Needless to say I was disappointed to read your comments about your stay, however I would like to offer some clarity.

I have checked with our Front Office Manager who informed me that you did stay on a tesco voucher offer through the Carlton. All Carlton offers need to be invoiced therefore we do need to have the actual voucher.

I believe you did mention on the phone that the voucher was a present but you were not in receipt of the physical voucher. My Front Office Manager said it would be fine and that she would ring the Carlton group. You then called reception 20 mins later with the voucher numbers.

You were also upgraded complimentary to a executive seaview room.

I do however apologise for the miscommunication between the receptionists as you should not have been asked again for the voucher on check out.

I remain at your disposal should you wish to contact me at any stage and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had our annual end of year dinner function for Galway Bay Sailing club in the Salthill hotel both in 2012 and 2013. As a member of the organising committee both years, I genuinely can’t give enough praise and gratitude for the professional service and treatment we were given both in the organisational lead up and on the night itself. The event manager Pauline is fantastic to deal with and her experience and professionalism in event management is highly valuable. We received great feedback from so many of our members, great venue and wonderful food. We went with a buffet arrangement for our dinner and it worked out really well. It allowed us to have a more interactive night and members got the chance to mingle during the dinner. The food prepared by Sally Ann was really tasty and we were spoiled with a wonderful display of delicious and colourful salads. From the floor staff I have to single out a wonderful lady Jean, one of the floor managers who along with Pauline ensured the night went off without a hitch. A great night was had by all, thank you!
I would definitely recommend this venue.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Surfsup2014,

Thank you for your fabulous comments regarding your event held at Salthill hotel recently. I can only say I am blessed to be in a position where I am surrounded by a wealth of experience and professionalism.

Pauline Griffen is at the heart of the Salthill hotel and indeed deserves the accolades you bestow on her as it is her attention to detail and customer service that ensures all events booked run smoothly.

Sallyanne Burke is a gifted chef and again will ensure she goes the extra mile, in your own words to spoil the customer.

Jean Tyson is a wonderful lady and a credit to the hotel.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our team.

I look forward to seeing you and the Galway Bay Sailing Club in the near furture.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is fabulous - great atmosphere, marvellous staff, the Sicilian Restaurant Manager was brilliant and on top of everything - also great fun - the part time waitress who is studying speech therapy was a credit to the hotel and the chef should realistically be operating his own restaurant - the food was top drawer stuff - as good as you would get anywhere. The bar staff were also excellent and chatty.

Our family will be back before the summer begins and we cannot wait.

Room Tip: No issues with rooms - all were great.

Dear Lukeyl,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

The hotel is very lucky to have a great customer service manager like Salvatore Pernice and excellent chef's in our PROM restaurant and they in turn have found your kind words extremely encouraging, they speak for themselves really.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night only on the occasion of my niece's wedding just before New Year's. I had booked with an online facility a couple of months before. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. The food at the wedding reception was excellent and the rest of the night so good that I woke too late for breakfast the following morning. The rooms are luxurious with excellent TV and Wi-Fi. I am attending a wedding at a neighbouring hotel in a few months time but I plan to return to the Salthill Hotel on this occasion too. Next time I hope to get time to use the Spa facilities and walk the Promenade.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the sea, so if that's what you like, be sure to ask. Fourth floor r...

Dear Smackdo,

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was excellent.

To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful.

We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.