We were doing an independent CIE tour of Ireland and at the last minute they substituted the Salthill Hotel instead of the Gayway Bay Hotel. We were not happy, as the Galway Bay Hotel had a higher TripAdvisor rating.
We stayed two night mid October 2013. We ranked it at the bottom of our hotel stays. No safe, no complimentary bathrobe or slippers, no ice bucket - had to go to the bar downstairs to get ice. No in room iron or ironing board or pants press. Bathroom has a shower door - made floor wet and slippery. I used the hairdryer and the hose was filthy. This hotel had the worst tasting water of our whole 11 day trip.
Positives: great bay breezes from window that opened, 2 bottles of still water (actually that was for 2 day stay - so a possible negative since the water tasted so nasty) They did post the local weather on board down near the reception desk.
Basically this hotel seemed to skimp on amenities.
First the positives:
1) Nice king room with partial view of Galway Bay.
2) Window opened and we got a wonderful breeze.
3) Bathroom had washcolths + a defogged mirror.
Then the negatives:
1) The worst tasting water of our whole trip.
2) Half shower door - resulting in a wet, slippery floor.
3) No safe
4) Noice bucket.
5) No iron, board or pants press.
6) Hairdryer hose was filthy.
7) No complimentary bathrobe or slippers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salthill Hotel is a luxury Galway hotel located on the famous Salthill Promenade overlooking the beautiful Galway Bay and strand. Just minutes from Galway City centre this sea front hotel has newly refurbished and spacious sea view bedrooms, a large and modern bar, two restaurants offering unique dining experiences and a brand and state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salthill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.