Salthill Hotel
$259
$200
$194
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$145
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$200
$194
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$158
$296
$287
2,936 results
All reviewsprom restaurantsea viewgreat hotelleisure centregalway baybar foodgreat facilitieswedding receptionsalt hillwould highly recommend this hotelboth nightsenjoyable staylovely roomhotel bartop classa lovely stayfood was lovely
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location on the seafront in Salthill nr Galway City. Beautiful large room with comfortable large bed, desk, easy chairs. Immaculately clean. Large ensuite with heated mirror and no noisy extractor fan. Bar food good variety and well presented. Efficient and friendly bar waiting staff. Good pool and gym in good condition and again immaculately clean.
However lots of conferences and weddings. Noise from the wedding party music was very intrusive so a problem especially at the weekend. The room itself had poor sound insulation and we were woken at night by the sound of slamming doors and by the snoring of the person in the room next door. Would probably go back but either not at a weekend or request a room further away from the banqueting rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here for a week for a conference. The rooms were fine - clean bathroom with a good shower; comfortable beds; opening window.

The function suite we used was fine, and the biscuits and cakes that were served at the coffee breaks were wonderful!

The WIFI was very temperamental and it could take hours before you were able to log-on. This may be simply due to the quantity of people trying to use it at once. There were about a hundred of us, all with ipads, etc.

The meals were a fixed menu specially for us, so I don't know what the normal restaurant food was like. Our meals were good - but every meal was served with mashed potatoes: twice a day every day. And not only one serving: each plate had two separate servings of mashed potato and the waiters came round each time with a third! I was longing for chips by the end of the week.

I didn't use the leisure centre but those that did spoke highly of it, and there always seemed to be a number of locals coming in to use it all day long.

I would happily stay here again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my first visit to Galway and I was really looking forward to seeing the west of Ireland for the first time. On arrival at the hotel I liked what I saw. My room was spacious and pleasant and clean. However a visit to the bar on my first evening revealed a problem that would continue throughout my stay. The staff were pleasant and curteous but the service went at a snail's pace. This also proved to be the case in the restaurant and waiting for an order of wine to arrive onvinced me they were out the back crushing the grapes - such a disappointment! However the breakfast buffet was excellent even if the other meals in the main restaurant were certainly not four star - adequate certainly but rather dull.

Mention must be made of the superb leisure facilities - gym, pool, spa etc all well maintained and a delight to us.

Would I come back? Well the answer is 'yes' but I'd go out for my main meals.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a Bed & Breakfast Rate on Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday in May 2013. I stayed in the newly furnished part of the hotel, room 311. It was a side view room, and I must say it had lovely views of the Salthill promenade and was a really big spacious, clean room. The Bathroom had a lovely walk in shower, no bath and had lovely clean white towels. The bed was very comfortable and big. The leisure centre on the ground floor is brilliant. It has a main pool (25 mts) for doing lengths, and then there is a brilliant 1.2 metre pool for leisure swimming, which has a lovely water effect feature in it. There is also a small splash pool for kids and a fantastic sauna and steam room and jacuzzi. it is very clean, very well run and very good showers and hair dryers. We had the breakfast which was very good. It was a serve yourself buffet and was adequate for our needs. We ate in the bar on the last night, and to be honest were slightly disappointed with the food. I met up with friends who had kids and they could not provide a kids menu. We both had the burger, and it was very dry and tasteless. The chips were not good. The bar had run out of Diet Coke that evening, only ordinary coke which I do not drink. Overall it was a great hotel, in a great location. There is a bus stop right outisde to travel down to Galway City Centre, the buses run every 20 miutes. The leisure centre is brilliant and we spent a whole afternoon there. The food in the bar could be improved upon. The car park right outside the hotel is great for collecting things from the car, or dropping bags out. You are just across the road from the lovely promenade and beach which is an added bonus. If Iwas to return again, I would book a front facing room so that I could admire the lovely views of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for the new part of the hotel, as we seen a room in the older part and the rooms are very dated.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My company used this venue for a complicated corporate function. The staff from the outset and throughout were efficient, friendly, beyond helpful and undoubtedly added so much to the success of our event.
I cannot recommend the venue and the staff highly enough.

Room Tip: We used the Rockbarton Function Room .......wonderful ambience, spacious and airy, beautiful decor.