“Hotel Rooms”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed there last Saturday nite and our family were staying there because they were attending a wedding I have to say there was a big difference between their bedroom and ours the bed we had was very low to the ground more like a camp bed and the view we had was out to a shed out the back alot different to the amazing view out to the sea.....very disapointed...
We ate fish and chips in the bar that was tastey but the mushy peas looked like they had been reheated about 10 times they looked totally awful but luckily the fish and chips made up for it....
The room we stayed in the door outside the room banged everytime someone went through the door and the walls were paper thin it wasn't bad enough that my partner snored but the guy in the next room when he came back to the room at 3am clattered and banged and then when he finally went to bed I felt like I was in bed with him cause the walls were paper thin he snored all nite...I eventually had to move into the room with the kids to get some sleep....
So my experience was not a good one of the Salthill Hotel I would not be rushing back....

Room Tip: I would only go if you had a room facing the sea otherwise you would be better off staying in a loca...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Excellent hotel value for money and fantastic Location. Staff are welcoming from the minute you arrive until you check out. Rooms are amazing. We had a seaview and it was lovely apart from the weather lol ah well sure your'e in Ireland.. it has to rain. The bar food is lovely and very reasonabley priced. Lots to do in the hotel wether u like relaxing in the spa or swimming with the kids in the pool. A short walk will take you into Sathill and if you feel really adventuorous you can walk in to Galway itself.. You will find plenty to do and all the sea air will help you have a great sleep in the most comfortable beds ever:)

Room Tip: Ask for a Seaview its amazing ;)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear rosebud035

I would like to take the time to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the our property.

I am delighted that you found our staff to be very welcoming, I will be sure to pass on these comments to all our staff. I am glad that you found the rooms amazing and enjoyed the sea views and that you received such a great sleep on the comfortable beds. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the bar food in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a really lovely hotel. Very welcoming. Staff very friendly. Bedrooms are very comfortable and warm. The evening meal was lovely. We stayed here for two nights with cousins from Chicago. The music at night was very enjoyable. It is a very central hotel. It is about 10mn. drive to city and is central for driving out towards connemara. It is across from the salthill promenade and looks out at Galway Bay. The swimming pool is lovely. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Galway.

Room Tip: Room over looking galway bay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear alila60

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Salthill Hotel.

I am pleased that our staff were very welcoming and friendly, I will make sure to pass these comments to all our staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed the evening meal in our restaurant and you found the swimming pool lovely.

We hope to welcome you to the Salthill Hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Got a very good rate on this hotel and was not sure what to expect. Location wonderful, just opposite the sea and Galway Bay. The rooms were large and the beds very comfortable. It is an old hotel and could probably do with some modernisation but this somehow added to it's charm, especially in the bar. The younger members of our group went out at night and arrived back about 3am and were still able to get a sandwich and a drink at the bar ! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was ample and catered for all tastes. Parking very good. Would certainly stay again.

1  Thank Maryilou

Dear Maryilou

I would like to take the time to thank you for writing such a positive review of our property.

I am delighted that you found our location wonderful and enjoyed the sea view and you found the rooms to be large and the beds to be comfortable. I am pleased that you found our staff very friendly I will be sure to pass on these comments to all staff. I am thrilled that you found our breakfast buffet was ample.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Salthill Hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

From start to finish we had a fantastic time in the Salthill Hotel, great car parking facilities, great leisure facilities with a small pool for the kids, spotless changing rooms in the Ocean Fitness. Friendly staff both on reception, especially Adele who my two toddlers befriended, they loved the Easter buns! (Thanks Adele) Reception staff were more than happy to help in telling us were the Easter Egg Trails were in the area for Easter Sunday. The hotel is very child friendly, the lobby was fantastic, with lots of space and comfy seats. Breakfast was lovely, although the tables were a bit grubby on the last day but could be forgiven to a point as they were so busy. Good choice for breakfast. We ate in the lobby on one occasion and we found the bar staff very friendly and helpful and the food was gorgeous and not too expensive. The hotel is very central to everything, we went to the Galway Cathedral, Turoe Pet Farm, Seapoint Leisure and loved walking up and down the prom! The bedrooms were very roomy, the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job, the beds were the most comfortable I have ever been in, there are blackout curtains and air conditioning and heating controls in the bedrooms. We were on the third floor and unfortunately we were distrubed a bit with the music from the bar but it was not that bad that we felt we needed to move. This is our second year staying here at Easter and hope we go back again soon!

Dear catmck88

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our property.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found Ocean Fitness to be spotless and enjoyed the facilites. I am pleased that you found our staff very welcoming and friendly expecially Edel, I will be sure to pass on these kind comments to all staff. I am happy that you also enjoyed the food in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

From arrival to when we left, nothing was too much trouble. Staff very friendly and courteous, a credit to the company. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Dinner very good and breakfast excellent. We stayed in a sea view room and had an excellent view over the bay.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bugling_8

Dear bugling_8

I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review of the Salthill Hotel.

I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous, I will be sure to pass these kind comments to all our staff. I am delighted that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your dinner and your breakfast with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here end of March for a weekend break in room 105 on the 1st floor, this room was very dark without any view whatsoever due to a metal wall being 6 foot from the room window.We had stayed in this hotel before and loved it but were really disappointed with the room this time and it ruined our visit - it was like being in a gloomy dungeon you couldn't even tell what sort of a day it was looking out the window. I would still recommend this hotel but stay well away from room 105 and adjoining rooms, you will regret it if you don't.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple