Salthill Hotel
$237
$259
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$141
$200
$194
$167
$168
$162
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Sea-Breeze Lodge(Galway)
$297
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$163
Orbitz.com
$270
$238
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,935 results
All reviewsprom restaurantsea viewgreat hotelleisure centregalway baybar foodgreat facilitieswedding receptionsalt hillwould highly recommend this hotelboth nightsenjoyable staylovely roomhotel bartop classa lovely stayfood was lovely
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Myself and my pregnant wife stepped out of the elevator only to be met by a maintenance engineer who angrily shouted at my wife. The elevator was 'out of service' but was still running. My wife simply asked if the other lift was working and this is when he got more angry. There was no 'out of order' sign, no rope across the doors to stop people from using the lift. I stepped in to calm the situation which he then turned his abuse to myself and to 2 elderly women who were also in the lift with us.

I made a complaint with the hotel management on the day but I felt my complaint fell on deaf ears.

We were part of the wedding which was held in the hotel but later found out that we weren't offered the 'wedding room rate' and paid full price.

Overall it's safe to say 'I won't be back' !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1SB81
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had our wedding reception here in July and I honestly cannot say enough good things about the hotel! The staff were so good to us and so accomodating to our neeeds. Pauline and Jackie were always on hand to deal with any questions we had. the location is fantastic and the hotel itself is beautiful. Our guests were all extremly well looked after and our wedding meal was out of this world..our guests are still talking about how good the meal was. We were well looked after in every respect too! Breakfast was very good and we will certainly be back and not just for our anniversary! A pleasure to stay with from start to finish. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Carol M

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted to hear that our staff were so helpful especially Pauline and Jackie, I will be sure to pass on this positive review to all staff.

I am pleased to hear that your wedding meal was out of this world and that your guests are still talking about it.

We hope to welcome you back to the Salthill Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Salthill Hotel is in a great location right across the street from the promenade on the water, and it is just a short 20 minute walk into the shopping street in Galway. The hotel appears to have been recently updated. I found it clean and comfortable and the staff were very nice and professional. The rate was reasonable as well so all in all the hotel is a great value. The only issue, and it is a minor one, is that the walls were a little thin. I could hear the television in the room next door. Everything else though more than made up for it. I thinks the Salthill Hotel is an excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the promenade.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear MaureenODonnell

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Salthill Hotel. I appreciate your kind comments about our great location and our clean and comfortable hotel. I am delighted to receive such positive feedback about our very nice and professional staff, I will be sure to pass these comments on. I am glad that you found the hotel to be such excellent value.

Hoping you will visit us in Galway very soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We had a 2night package with breakfast each day and 1 dinner and we found the food to be very good. The hotel is very clean and quite a nice place to stay in with friendly, helpful staff. Location is good especially if you like to walk as it is right beside the promenade in Salthill and about 15-20mins walk to the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
ByrneHotelGroup, Reservations Agent at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear WeLike

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the good food and the clean and nice hotel we have.

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful; I will ensure that these positive comments are expressed to all staff.

We hope to welcome you back to Salthill in the near future.

Salthill Hotel Team

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very professionally run hotel, food fab, rooms spotless, staff lovely and friendly and very attentive. Management very helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ByrneHotelGroup, Reservations Agent at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Hilly2338
I would like to thank you for taking time out to write a review of SalthillHotel. I appreciate your feedback which is very positive to all dapertments. I am grateful to you for recommending our hotel.

Hoping you will visit us in Salthill again very soon.