“good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Galway
ireland
“good hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

it was a nice hotel,breakfast was good,swimming pool is lovely,only down side is the walls are paper thin you can hear the tv from the rooms next door.
lovely staff very polite and try to do their best for you.
there was a wedding when we were there and we couldnt sleep with the noise it was awful.,i complained on leaving and was given a discount on leaving off the bill ,they were very apologetic .i would stay here again .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Guest trionar,
I would like to thank you for writing such a helpful review. I am glad you found the time to enjoy our leisure facilities. All feedback I receive from any source, both good and bad, really does provide valuable information for myself and my team and ensures we are consistently striving to deliver high standards of service.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Salthill Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My partner and i stayed at this hotel for a wedding. It is a fab hotel with exceptional staff. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean, up to date and comfortable.
Would defintly come bak to this hotel for a break as it is close to amenities and the beach. Fab hotel would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest beetle81,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am delighted you enjoyed the wedding reception. I would also like to sincerely thank you for recommending Salthill Hotel.
westmeath
Reviewed July 26, 2011

i have been going 2 galway 4 22yrs and have stayed in alot ot hotels. i am a guest with high standards . .but i love a bargain .got a offer through woodies homestore e99 2nites bb 1 dinner.the hotel was just fantastic.so good we stayd a extra nite.we ate in main hotel restaurant 3nites it was so good.always find galway diffucult at nite as can be hit and miss regarding restaurants. hotel was really modern .weddings nearly every day.can be noisy at end of hotel where wedding is..so check where your room is.we had a sea view of prom.fantastic..staff fantastic very attentive ,friendly,and happy in there jobs.loads of familys with ther bucket and spades.seaside hotel.with someting for everyone.

Room Tip: fantastic stay more like a 5 star
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Guest blondiechanel,
I would like to thank you very much for your very kind review. I am delighted you were impressed with our property and also with our food service. We find customer feedback to be very helpful as it allows us to continually strive to ensure standards are improved and maintained.

Thanks again for your helpful and positive review.

Kind regards,
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our family group of eight stayed at the Salthill. We used our credit card for dinner in the restaurant and the bar. I noticed that the totals were converted to dollars at a very unfavorable rate. When questioned, the maitre d' pleaded ignorance. I asked him to credit the charge and recharge it again in euros. He returned to the table claiming the machine would only bill my American credit card in dollars. I figure they skimmed about 5 percent. Our room charges were handled by our tour operator, so it was a non-issue for the rooms. But I wouldn't stay again, and would recommend Americans stay away. Sleazy tactics!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank wwgumshoes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2011

On arrival front of house staff were warm and welcoming.

Our doubleroom was a twin .... we asked for them to change the bed to a double, but all they did was push the beds together which made it difficult to sleep as you could clearly feel the divide.

The problems with the room did not stop there, we asked for a sea view room (which we emphasised on when booking) however this is not what we got. we were allocated to a room on the side of the hotel (just above the enterance) which was a clear view of the littl park with pong opposite and a vey tiny view of the sea (which we were not at all impressed with).

However the room was clean and tidy and a very good size with desk with tele (which did not work) and a table where you could sit and have dinner in your room. The cleaner gave us a iron and ironing board which we were allowed to keep for the duration of our stay which was helpful as we used it daily. The cleaner was great and tidied the room to a very good standard everyday.

In the morning which was sunday, we went down for breakfast and after waiting a considerable time to be seated we were met by an abrupt straight to the point lady who showed us to our table. Breakfast was buffet style the food was excellent as was the waitress who served us. They brought tea/coffee to order at the table which meant it was lovely and warm. However there is no warm vegetarian option other than fried/scrammbled eggs which became very repetative.

The swimming pool was open to non residents which was a slight disappointed coupled with the fact swimming caps were compulsary which can be brough for €2 at the desk. Use of the main pool was limited during the day as swimming lessons were underway as this pool is also used as a lesiure centre.

All in all dont feel this hotel warrants its star rating but was clean and food was good. Will stay at the Galway Bay hotel next time to compare.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zaie
Dear Guest Zaie

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review of our property. I am most delighted you were made to feel welcome on arrival. All feedback I receive from any source, both good and bad, really does provide valuable information for myself and my team and ensures we are consistently striving to deliver high standards of service.

Reference your request for a sea view room. At the Salthill Hotel we consider ourselves very fortunate to have such a grand seaside location, and it is for this reason we have a high demand for our sea view bedrooms. For a sea view room to be guaranteed it is our policy to add a modest supplementary charge. If you were subject to this charge, I would be delighted to personally review your booking and ensure you are fully reimbursed.

Our accommodation and food service staff work very hard and it is very heartening to know you were impressed with the cleanliness of your room and the service of your breakfast.

Thanks again for your helpful and kind feedback.

Galway
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We recently (June 2011) held a Wedding Anniversary Celebration in the Salthill Hotel, Promenade, Galway. The Hotel expansive and attractive foyer was a splendid locale for the reception. The Aran suite proved to be an excellent venue for the 90 or so guests. The Function Manager Opu was very courteous and extremely helpful throughout the function meal, as remarked upon by several of the guests. The very good choice of menu, along with top class food were distinctive features of the 4 course meal – which attracted very praiseworthy remarks from guests afterwards.
Preparations for the event were very well conducted in a very personable manner through the help of the General Manager Pauline Griffin, along with other staff including Raju and Valerie. We felt very much at home in the surroundings of the Hotel, helped by thoughtful cups of tea/coffee etc.
We were also treated with splended views from our bedroom window of the promenade, Galway Bay and of the Clare hills beyond.
We look forward to returning to the Salthill Hotel soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest KillureGalway,
I would like to thank you wholeheartedly for your very thoughtful review. I am delighted you chose Salthill Hotel as your celebration venue. It is also especially pleasing to hear of the positive comments from your guests.

I would again like to thank you for your kind words and hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed in this hotel recently for three nights. Receptionists very friendly and helpful. Whilst checking in, she let us view two rooms, 1 with a double and single, the other with 3 singles. We chose the 1 with 3 singles as some unconsiderate guests had left an awful smell of smoke from the previous night. Nevertheless, the rooms are a great size and the beds are extremely comfortable. On thing lacking is a fridge and possibly the decor is abit bland. The breakfast food was excellent the service was superb, staff were brisk and on the ball. The only downside is, that at times when busy, the restaurant cant cope with the numbers so a small wait of no more than 10mins was incurred so as to get a table. The bar area is lovely, although one could argue that more lighting at nightime could be needed. Most inpressively is the leisure complex. 25mt 6 lane pool, with a huge jacuzzi,steam room and sauna. There is also a massive gym and a secondary gym which is aimed at more elite athletes. The hotel is located only a few minutes walk from Salthill centre and buses to galway stop just down from the hotel. I belief the buses to Galway city run every half hour. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again with no qualms. I give 4 marks as I felt the hotel was just lacking in that something extra that made it an overall exceptional hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest monaghanlad,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your very helpful review. I am glad you were well looked after on arrival and that you rate our service highly. All feedback I receive from any source, both good and bad, really does provide valuable information for myself and my team and ensures we are consistently striving to deliver high standards of service.

Thanks again for your helpful and kind feedback.

Warm regards,