“We Will Be Back!”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed April 6, 2011

From the time we set foot in the hotel on Friday last till we left on Sunday lunch-time, we had a most enjoyable, relaxing weekend. Did'nt see too much of management, but the staff were second to none. Purpose of our stay was a wedding held locally on the saturday. Would recommend this hotel to everybody, especially if you wish for a quiet night's sleep, the windows worked a treat & could not hear the sea, or traffic and we were front facing, there was also a wedding held in this hotel on both friday & saturday - could'nt hear a thing. Reception staff extremely friendly & informative. Had 3 swims over the 3 days there and the gentleman at the leisure reception was also helpful - he even gave me a euro as I had forgot to bring a coin with me. The hotel boasts of the usual huge pool and it also has a hydrotherepy pool - this was very warm and really enjoyed my time in it. Breakfast was excellent each morning. Weather was lovely & had a good walk on the prom each morning - no flies would dare emerge as a good wind was blowing each morning.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IrwinYawl_Cork
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear guest IrwinYawl_Cork,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am extremely pleased with your comments regarding our in house customer care. This is an area in which we put a great deal of effort, and it is very pleasing to hear positive feedback. I am delighted our room met your standards and that you enjoyed your rest. We are very proud of our leisure centre and I am glad you were well catered for while you relaxed in our pools. At Salthill Hotel we always suggest to our guests that they take a walk along the prom, I am very glad you enjoyed the fabulous location that we are so fortunate to be located in.

Thank again for your review and we hope to welcome you back shortly.

Salthill Hotel Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,727)

Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed here during mid-term break with my 8 year old son and a friend.
We all had a lovely time, Complex has a great pool with a smaller pool suitable for my son and also a toddler pool.
Staff nice and friendly, would go again.
Also in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DundalkRoamers
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Guest DundalkRoamers,
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the mid term break. I am very pleased your son enjoyed the pool facilities. It is very heartening to hear positive feedback on our hard working staff.
We hope to welcome you back again to Salthill Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Salthill HOtel

Reviewed March 10, 2011

i go here every year with my family im a single mum with four children 1 of whom is disabled and i find the location and the caravan site very safe and close to the town, my disabled child is facinated with water there for its a small walking distance to get to the beach, on the site the owners understand her neads so she can run about freely as they have signs up about speeding and cameras over the site aswell to watch over the children and make sure there safe, my two boys are able to fish from the site itself so i know its safe aswell, and they have made alot off friends from going down there the owners of the site are the most friendly people you could meet, not the same as walking in to a caravan site up here i would recommend this site to anybody, xx

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank pamelacodown
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Very nice Hotel, great staff, clean, spacious rooms. Generally excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
ByrneHotelGroup, Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Guest Patk1659,
Thank you very much for your feeback, at Salthill Hotel we are very grateful to receive customer reviews. I am delighted you found everything to meet your requirements and that you had an excellent stay. We hope to welcome you back again shortly.

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Reception friendly & efficient. Upgrade given on request to a regular customer, therefore a great view of ocean/Galway Bay. Leisure Centre the best in Ireland. Bar a bit dark but comfortable - prices have improved.. Food quality excellent. Friendly staff but management not noticable around hotel. Will be back again.

1  Thank RetireeOldcastle

Dear Guest RetireeOldcastle,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am delighted we could offer you an upgrade on reception and enjoy the stunning views of the bay. I am also glad you were able to relax in the bar and enjoy your break.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Salthill Hotel.

Reviewed February 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights B/B and one evening dinner special weekend deal on 5th.Feb to 7th.
The room food and staff where fab.
There was a great band in the bar on the Saturday night and everyone was dancing and singing the night away. Great location looking over Galway Bay...definitly will be back.
Well done to this Hotel.

Dear Guest pat1094481,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. At Salthill Hotel we are very aware of the importance of customer feedback. It is a fantastic reward to our hard work and effort to receive such a positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere and that you enjoyed your break. I look forward to welcoming back to Salthill Hotel, hopefully not in the too distant future.

Reviewed February 5, 2011

Just returned from 2 night mid week stay - family of four. One child one and other two years old - thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to return as soon as possible. Was offered extra bed in room for child and provided with cot - ample space in bedroom for kids toys and walker!!! Great location ! We ate in the bar and staff very helpful - although they did seem to be understocked with food and ran out of cheese for pizzas one night !

Very child friendly and the best leisure facilities esp pools I have seen.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest Máire,
Thank you very much for making the effort to write your review of Salthill Hotel. I am delighted you and your family were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. I am very hapy our newly developed bedroom was suitable to your needs. We are very glad you were able to enjoy our location as it is something we pride ourselves on as well as our leisure centre which thankfully you found time to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.