“holiday”
Review of Bayberry House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Bayberry House
Ranked #39 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Marie and Tom were very nice hostess. We stayed August 29th and 30th 2012. We enjoyed our stay at Galway. It was nice to relax there before traveling back to Dublin. They are not too far from the Cliffs of Moher and Kylemore Abbey which we didnt end up going to see. Close to Galway city bay and downtown. The rooms were very clean, the house is beautiful and there was huge bathroom with a big tub which a nice added bonus. Tom was so nice to drive us into town when we went in for dinner. Marie's breakfast was very good and I loved her warm fruit! Thank you for your stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2012

You are met at the door as if you were friends! Great Irish welcome. The owners were helpful and knowledgeable about the area giving as great tips for dinning/ music etc.. The room isn't that large but I guess everything is smaller in Europe. So in comparison to other b&b's we stayed in it was of average size. Very clean and bed comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Marie was extremely friendly, warm and welcoming. The house was beautiful and clean! We were a group of six in three rooms, each room nicer than the next. The breakfast was unbelievably good! The granola and porridge was the best I have ever tasted! We will definitely be back for another visit! When in Galway stay at the Bayberry House!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hands down the best b&b that we stayed in while in Ireland. Marie is just the most gracious hostess. My husband and I felt right at home the moment we stepped through the door. The house is adorable, very well maintained, and EXTREMELY clean. The Irish breakfast is divine and the porridge was the best I've ever had. Marie gave great travel advice and tips on Galway.We had only planned to stay one night but loved Bayberry and Galway so much we stayed two nights. Would recommend to couples, singles, and families!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were welcomed to Bayberry House, a beautiful B & B, by our hostess, Marie, who went out of her way to orient us to Galway, giving us directions, recommending restaurants and shows and helping assure that our time there was well spent. She made a huge difference in our Galway experience. The house is very inviting, including the guest lounge and dining area, and our room was clean, spacious, quiet and comfortable, even including a couch. Breakfast was fabulous with lots of wonderful choices, including award winning cheeses and a warm fruit berry compote. Bayberry House can be a bit tricky to find from the map on the web-site. A more detailed google map may be useful. A memorable stay in Galway thanks to Marie!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We spent two nights at Bayberry House. Tom and Marie were great hosts. The room was lovely and airy. The location was perfect in getting around the Galway area. I wished I'd had the porridge based on the reviews. Marie went out of her way to make suggestions of things we might want to explore. The breakfasts were excellent.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the back side of the house facing the garden. The windows opened and we had fres...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed at Bayberry House two nights when we were in Galway City. It was wonderful. It was like a home away from home. Tom and Marie were a delight! We still talk about the porridge we had in the morning that was the creamiest and most delicious porridge that has ever touched my mouth. I have been thinking about it ever since march! It really was a great way to start off our first city in Ireland. Marie had great tips and we went with her suggestions and found the pubs she suggested and restaurants to be excellent. I can honestly say that I was sad to leave because they just made us feel so welcome. Marie and I shared our love for Homegoods and Tom really gave my brothers great info about Galway. I am hoping to go back in the future and visit! Thanks for a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family