the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Nox Hotel(Galway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,834 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyretail parkcup cakespink roomluxury roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areasfrom start to finishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Wow, this hotel is amazing. I was in Ireland with my mom for a week and our two night stay at the g was right in the middle, what perfect timing! I loved how trendy the place was, especailly being compared to the old fashioned castles and such we had been staying in til then. The level of service was absolutely outstanding. Front desk was super helpful, room service was lightening quick. I have found that usually the hipper the hotel the worse the service, but the g turns that notion on its head! I so enjoyed all the different colors in the various lounges. We didnt dine at the formal restaurant but had some lovely drinks from the extensive and creative drink menu and some snacks from the bar menu, everything was delish. Our room wasn't huge but had great amenities and was perfectly clean. We walked into town both days we stayed there and it wasn't a problem at all. Honestly, I could have not left the hotel at all and would have been happy. The movie theatre right behind was convenient. I loved the g and would recommend it to anybody!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank jgodic
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Just a few points.
The reception staff were some of the most professional staff I have seen in some while. I cannot fault the service I received.

I was staying in a suite which I thought over all was disappointing. Firstly it wasn't very large, to be honest it seemed to me to be a normal sized bedroom. No trouser press or iron in the room (I could have phoned housekeeping to have one delivered to my room but this is time consuming and inconvenient) also no tea or coffee facilities in the room. (coffee delivered to the room is not complimentary!). At paying well in excess of Eur 300 per night I expect the basics in a bedroom. On two mornings the "do not disturb" light outside our room was ignored and we were in fact disturbed.
On my last evening at the hotel I phoned the restaurant at 8pm stating that I was a resident and was told by a french gentleman that the restaurant could not facilitate us until 10.30pm. While on our way out of the hotel (on our way to find another rest.) my partner causally enquired to the restaurant manager(the same French gentleman I previously spoke with) as to the availability of a table and we were immediately shown to a table . The restaurant was half empty and we counted 31 free seats not used the whole evening. Why I was told by phone to wait 2 1/2 hours is a mystery?. The food was only adequate and having finished our main course our plates remained in front of us for 25 minutes before being cleared away. (not the most speedy of services!)
I must say I did enjoy the spa. I had various treatments which were good however the manicure was the worst one I've ever had. It was a nail file with a coat of nail varnish!!. At Euro 50 I would have at least expected my nails to be buffed!. My nails were painted and I was shown straight out of the room with my nails still wet. By the time I went to reception to pay for my treatments my nails were completely smudged and I had to ask the receptionist at the spa for nail polish remover. I was amazed that she did not offer to have my nails repainted and gladly took the Eur 50 from me. It was the most expensive nail file I've ever had.

Would I return to this hotel or recommend it to friends?.....unfortunately not.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eire13
Reviewed July 29, 2007

*If you are fine with a 15 minute walk to town, stay here.
*A taxi to town will cost E10, but you could take your car and valet parking is free
*This hotel is very unique from other hotels.
*It has a boutique feel to it.
*Some of the common areas are bizarre but the ones that arent are gorgeous. Rooms are different from common area and are very nice
*The beds are very comfortable with great linens.
*Entertainment in the common area was great!
*The most hip, happening hotel in Galway
*The cooked food was mediocre

If you are fine with driving your car to town, a E10 taxi ride, or 15 minute walk, this is definitely the best hotel in town.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank TravelSnob1
Reviewed July 17, 2007

The G is a glorious hotel, rooms are superb, excellent food and great
staff.

From the exterior the hotel is pretty unrecognisable as it has a cinema located at one end and a furniture store at the other. The hotel actually looks like a modern office. However once you step inside you are greeted with pure oppulance. Philip Treacy the designer has delivered a master piece.

Rooms are luxurious, my was a deluxe and lived up to the title.

Food was great, Orla the restaurant manageress is a pure diamon as is
Laurant the head concierge.

If you fancy something different to the hotels fine fare, take the 50
yard walk to Eddie Rockets American Dine located on the retail park to the rear of the hotel

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank tippertaylor
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I stayed at the G last Christmas with my husband and could not say enough good things about it afterwards. Everything was as it should be in a five star hotel and we enjoyed every minute of the 3 days there...heaven.
It was on my recommendation that when planning our annual trip away with girlfriends we choose the G . What a complete turnaround !!
On check in the reception area was shabby and unkempt ( dead orchid plants and consierge area very dirty)
Room service was poor, phone rang out a mumber of times and items asked for not arriving even after a second call.
Breakfast service on first day was awful. Our waiter ignored our table and had to drag what we needed from him.
Table service in the lounge was slow, staff chatting to each other rather than looking after guests.
The waiter for our dinner was excellent and very attentive, however 3 of our fish dishes were overcooked and the restaurant manager didnt deal with as he should.
Overall the service in almost every area of the hotel was poor. The G is in serious danger of losing its five star rating and any of the glowing reviews written before me sound like they have come straight from a brochure and are unbelievable!
Unfortunately will not be recommending again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends