Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,474 results
All reviews cupcakes thermal suite philip treacy luxury room pink room retail park cup cakes double shower turn down service amazing hotel lounge area valet parking top class from start to finish car park city centre modern hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Nice hotel, let down by poor service. Long waits at breakfast and dinner to sit even though tables were free. Staff not organised well, randomly going around dining room and not looking after their previous tables. I think we had about 7 different people serve us at dinner. Different person for ordeinh6, starter, main, desserts and tea or coffee. Drinks order took 15 minutes each time.

Hotel is located in a retail park so has no grounds to walk around or view. Big "to let" sign on one end of the building. I didn't think it was a hotel when passing even though it has the G logo.

For the price per night I'd recommend another hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
the-g-Hotel-Galway, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TcullenShannon

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us here at the g Hotel & Spa.

I am disappointed to learn of your recent experience with us as this does not live up to our usual high standards.

I would greatly appreciate if you would kindly contact me on rmcgee@theg.ie outlining a convenient time for me to contact you as I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night stay at the hotel. It was lovely but it's definitely not a 5 star. The staff were lovely and so friendly and helpful. The location is not ideal but there's a bus stop across the road even though the staff didn't know much about times and fares but it was fairly straight forward.
I was disappointed that in the middle of a very cold January that there was no fires lighting in the beautiful fireplaces in the lounge. It would have made the place way nicer and would have enticed us to to sit and have a coffee or a drink during our stay.
Also the breakfast was very, very disappointing. No real selection in the hot and cold sections.
Overall it was nice but I wouldn't go back. If I return to Galway I'd rather stay in a just as nice 3 or 4 star in the city centre.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
the-g-Hotel-Galway, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Dear Tina O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at the g Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to see you found the hotel to be lovely and the team friendly. We are in close proximity to Galway City centre with bus services as you have outlined directly across the entrance to the hotel, taxi service also available along with the hotel's courtesy car which can be pre-reserved by our guests. My apologies you were not made aware of this during your stay.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with our breakfast menu, we offer a continental breakfast buffet selection along with our hot a la carte menu.

Your feedback is very much appreciated Tina and we hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in with us when your travels take you back to Galway.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed recently in the G Hotel for 2 nights and had a mixed experience. We booked the luxury room which had a fabulous bathroom, a huge comfy bed and all in all was exactly as labelled - luxury. The only problem we had with the room was the heat. It was absolutely roasting and regardless of how much we adjusted the air con and opened windows the room kept heating up and was almost unbearable on our last night. As part of the booking and a special deal, we booked dinner in the well-known Gigi’s Restaurant (their hotel restaurant) which is meant to be award-winning etc. On arrival to the restaurant, we were greeted by an awkward, front of house waiter, who didn’t appear to really know what he was doing at all and we found out quickly that he would also be our waiter for the night. Our expectations for this restaurant were so high, however they were immediately shattered when we walked into a completely empty restaurant (no warning from the hotel that we would be the only guests for the night)’ They could have recommended the more casual dining area which would have had more people in it thus enhancing the experience and atmosphere or they could have recommended the restaurant for the next night of our stay as it would have been busier. In the empty restaurant, only 3 tables were set up for dinnner while the rest were already set for breakfast the next morning, making us feel as though we weren’t actually meant to be in this restaurant at all or we were just an inconvenience..
when we sat down, the waiter awkwardly approached us and said “So you’re not guests of the hotel, right?” We replied saying that we actually were and both myself and my boyfriend felt that just because we were a young couple (in our 20s) the waiter just presumed that we wouldn’t be able to afford the hotel. We wanted to confirm that we had the offer that was included in the booking which meant we had a set dining menu and price included. The waiter was clueless and had to ring the manager at reception to confirm. While sitting in the quiet, empty restaurant we heard the waiter shouting down the phone to the manager asking about the deal. He came back to us saying that we didn’t have the offer and we had never booked it. This is despite the fact that 1. We booked online to get the deal
2. I rang the previous day to confirm we had the dinner offer and reservation times etc
3. We confirmed it on arrival to the hotel with the reception
We proceeded to tell the waiter that we had in fact confirmed our booking multiple times and and so he once again went back to the manager only to return with the same ‘no you didn’t book it ’. We felt as though we were being treated as liars at this stage and it was obviously extremely uncomfortable as we were the only people in the restaurant and the waiter had no interest in trying to serve us or help us with the issue at hand. He then told us to go to reception ourselves if we wanted to try to sort it out. At this stage, we just had had enough and left the restaurant. This is the only time we have ever walked out of a restaurant as we are usually people who would never make a fuss, but the way we were treated was horrendous. Our whole evening was ruined and we were left so disappointed having to go back out into the rain and find another restaurant late at night.
On a more positive note, I attended the spa to get the OPI shellac nail treatment and had such a great experience. The girl I had who’s name I didn’t catch unfortunately, was so chatty and outgoing and even gave me recommendations for food and going out in Galway city. I throughly enjoyed my experience there.
Before this, we went to the thermal suite which was so so luxurious and relaxing. It was well worth the €10 extra per person. We loved every minute and we felt so treated and calm. On top of this, the spa was also so clean and just great in general. The spa was the hotels saving-grace if I’m to be totally honest.

All in all, we have mixed opinions on this hotel, but there are definitely better quality 5 star hotels in Ireland.

Dear 283georgiaf

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at the g Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted you found your room experience luxury however I am sorry to learn that you found the room to be too warm. It is unfortunate that our maintenance team was not made aware of this as this could of been rectified during your stay.

Our Espa really is luxurious and the perfect place to escape for a true tranquil experience, I am pleased to hear you were well looked after by our team during your visit.

I am extremely disappointed to learn of your dining experience in our gigi's award winning restaurant. Your experience outlined certainly does not live up to our usual high standards. If I may kindly ask you to get in touch directly with me by emailing rmcgee@theg.ie outlining a convenient time for me to make contact with you to discuss your experience further it would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We booked using the OMG promotion, it was great value for money. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel but about 20 minute walk from the city centre. Bus stop outside hotel. The spa was fabulous and really enjoyed my treatment.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Y487BGmargaretm

I am delighted you enjoyed your overall experience with us recently finding the staff to be helpful and friendly and the spa facilities fabulous. We appreciate you recommending us here at the g.

We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back in with us when your travels take you back to Galway hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Fabulous Hotel, amazing and wonderful staff, gorgeous food and out of this world cocktails. From minute we arrived until we checked out we were treated like royalty. Its in the perfect location can't recommend G Hotel enough

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear sburke224736

I am delighted to learn of your overall experience with us recently and appreciate you recommending us here at the g.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in with us hopefully in the not too distance future when your travels take you back to Galway.