“Very Relaxing Break and will return”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin
“Very Relaxing Break and will return”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

From the outside the hotel looks like any ordinary hotel. We parked our car in the car park provided and took the lift up to the ground floor which is where the reception area is. From the moment the lift doors open you know you have arrived at a five star hotel. The check in was hassle free. We had booked into one of their executive rooms and again when we entered the bedroom it was good and spacious. There were two gripes we would have with this hotel one being no tea/coffee facilites and secondly the lack of a swimming pool. But again this will not stop us booking another stay at this hotel. as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were helpful and pleasant at all times. We will definitely be returning as you are so close to the city. We have stayed in other five star hotels and have to say price wise for food and drink it was very reasonable.

1 Thank JPWDublin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I love this hotel. We stay here fairly often and never want to leave! The hotel itself is beautiful, love the craziness of the pink lounge and the tranquility of the bedroom! Love the spa too, very relaxing. Breakfast and lunch are great, haven't tried the dinner menu. Very efficient staff. Ian in the lounge area was very helpful. Would never think of staying in any other hotel when I go to Galway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank smythers66
Ireland
Reviewed July 14, 2010

First impressions do not do the hotel justice as it is attached to a retail park, off a busy road however this is a great hotel. Decor is very modern and unique, although the pink lounge is a bit much...The corridors to the rooms have very low lighting which makes the place feel relaxing, bedrooms are good with the unusual decor continuing. We were in a room at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet allowing for a great sleep. Delicious breakfast was served in the restaurant with lots of choice and a good a la carte section. We booked a package that included one dinner which was very good and made the package good value. Overall a very good hotel which hopefully we will stay in again.

1 Thank MikeCP
dorgalway, General Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, July 17, 2010
Dear MikeCP,
Thank you very much for your recent review, I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the g in the future. Thank you very much for your custom.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Just spent a very enjoyable stay at the g. Very trendy, boutique style hotel. Several lounge areas to relax and have a drink in. The bedrooms are excellent. Huge, comfy beds and lots of space with a couple of armchairs to relax in. Nice touch was the cupcakes in the room and the bright pink brolly to use during your stay in the wardrobe. Only downside are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room. There is a fridge to put your own drinks in. Didn't use the spa, but wish I had been there long enough to try it out. It looked very good.
All the staff were friendly and attentive. Excellent breakfast, with plenty of choice, both hot and cold. I stayed here for business, but would like to return with some girl friends for a chill out weekend. You do need to use taxis to get into the centre of town - which took 30 minutes in busy times and around 14 euros. However, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Lisasplaces,
Thank you very much for you lovely review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the cupcakes, we do not have tea and coffee making facilities in our rooms, however we are delighted to provide tea and coffee making facilities upon request so please let us know when you are coming to Galway in the future and we will ensure that we have this placed in your room. We are about a 15 minute walk into town and a taxi should not take any longer than 5 - 10 minutes depending on traffic and cost between €8 - €10. The traffic must have been extremely heavy at the time that you were going into town.Thank you for your feedback with relation to the staff being friendly and attentive and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galway in the future.

Cork Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and myself stayed in this hotel from friday to sunday on a weekend package. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and our bags were taken to our room for us. We were delighted to be given a complimentary upgrade to a luxury suite which was magnificent. The room was clean and the barhroom was amazing with double rain water showers, his and hers sinks and a free stanging bath. The breakfast each morning was lovely with a large selcetion of food and drink to choose from. We had a complimentary use of the thermal suite which was lovely, the only bad thing about it was that four out of the six heated loungers didn't work. Saying that the thermal pool was fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable. We ate a wonderful meal on saturday night in the restaurant. It was really well located as it was only a ten minute drive into the town center.

The hotel is expensive but it was a treat for us as we rarley get away together and I felt it was worth it. There were only 2 things that I felt was disapponting, the first was that there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room, you could order on room service but it was 7.50 for a pot for 2 plus a 4 euro charge on top of that! We had lovely cup cakes in the room on arrival but it would have been nice to enjoy them with a hot drink. Even the most basic of hotels provide this convienience in their rooms so it was a bit surprising that it was not available in this renowned 5 star hotel. The second thing was that I felt the hotel carpets were very grubby looking. The bedroom carpets are cream and the dirt was ingrained into them. In the pink room downstairs the black and white carpet was very dirty with stains, I think that it took from the impact of the spectacular decor.

Dear JaneAnne23,
Thank you very much for your recent review, I was pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us and that you enjoyed the upgrade. Thank you for the constructive feedback that you provided and I am sorry if these items detracted from your overall experience with us. The items that you have outlined have been addressed. With relation to tea and coffee making facilities we are happy to provide them upon request so please let us know the next time that you are in Galway and we shall ensure that we have them placed in your room. We look forward to welcoming you both back to the g in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I never write reviews after staying in hotels but i feel I simply have to after my wonderful experience at the G hotel while staying recently for 5 days on a work trip. I was greeted by a friendly front desk attendant before going to my lovely room and being treated to cupcakes to welcome me to stay, much needed after a long flight and a late check in. The bed in the G was the most comfortable I have stayed in, it literally moulded to my body! The food in both the room and restaurant were lovely and I felt very comfortable in jeans! It was homely, welcoming and not stuffy at all! The spa is particularly gorgeous with knowledgeable and friendly therapists and a gorgeous thermal suite. I had a wonderful stay at the G and already plan to go back with my girlfriends for a weekend of fun and cocktails.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear CJK81,
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future with your girlfriends and I will ensure that I share your kind words with the team here at the g. Thank you very much for your custom.

I
Dublin
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was our 4rd time staying in the G Hotel and it just keeps getting better and better. Especially with the amazing deals they have running at the moment. This time we availed of one of the deals and stayed in a luxury suite which was amazing. As part of the deal, breakfast was included and what a breakfast..... Probably the nicest and most tastiest breakfast we ever had in a hotel. Overall the staff couldn't do enough for you and were welcoming and friendly at all times. I cannot recommend the G enough and hopefully will be returning for our fifth stay very soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Dundalkkid,
What a lovely review, thank you very much. I am delighted to read that your experiences are getting better and better. I am glad that you enjoyed the luxury suite, it is well woth that little bit extra. We look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth stay in the future and I will ensure that I share your kind words about our breakfast with the culinary team, they will be thrilled.
Thank you very much for your repeat custom it is very much appreciated by everyone here.