the g Hotel & Spa Galway
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$125
Salthill Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$191
$178
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
$221
$182
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$106
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
$242
$235
Travelocity
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$106
$103
$286
$273
2,834 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyretail parkcup cakespink roomluxury roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areasfrom start to finishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2006

well can I say.........words cannot explain! But I will try.
We were picked by the head of concierge (The G offers free transfers to and from Galway airport) who was sooo enthuisiastic about the hotel - he got us even more excited about our stay.
We were checked in with ease, given a tour of the Hotel by the receptionist. The Hotel is exquisite, the attention the detail is amazing. Room was beautiful (best rates on expedia we paid £150 for a night and the actual price is 450Euro's).
They do cream tea in the white room, beautiful china, all silver service - out of this world and even better than 'Bettys tea rooms (that'll only make sense if your from yorkshire).
The staff were attentive, helpful to say the least. The cocktails were absolute perfection, served with professionalism - even the bills are provided in colour co-ordinated folders. The restaurant was quiet (sunday night though), but again had superbly attentive staff and amazing food. Breakfast (both buffet and hot a la carte) was again fantastic although the only downfall was egg benedict - not very good (the only negative point about the whole weekend).
The spa - Oh My God!!! I was in heaven, I regularly have espa facials etc but this one was the ultimate in relaxation. Running a busy company I struggle to relax but even almost fell asleep in the tranquil relaxation area (with headphones for lovely music, fresh fruit, bottled water and all over loveliness).
In short nothing short of splendour. (oh and Galway was nice too)

4  Thank lsilver
Reviewed October 6, 2006

We have just returned from a 3-night break at the 'G' Hotel. I had been there previously with friends but this was a first for my husband and our 4 month baby. Overall we enjoyed our stay and found staff and service to be good (although I would not describe it as a 5-star experience).

We were surprised that any visit to the spa i.e. sauna/ relaxation room/vitality pool etc required an additional 30 euro charge per person per visit (obviously this does not include treatments, simply the use of the facilities as outlined).

It was explained to us that this was because the Spa was very busy.

Surely as hotel guests we should be allowed use of basic hotel facilities?

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank MMEF
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I stayed in the G Hotel for one night as I was travelling to Galway anyway and had heard wonderful things about the G. Initial impressions (aesthetically anyway) weren't wonderful as it is on a main road and so I agree that the other reviewers' were right - the location could be better and the exterior of the hotel is not that inspiring. However, from the moment your car is valet parked and you enter the G, you are very pleasantly surprised. Staff are super friendly and we checked in swiftly and without issue.

Although we booked a standard room, it was absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine what the suites must be like. Everywhere you look, you see Philip Treacy's hand - the glorious detail in lighting, mirrors, furniture - even the door handles! The hotel screams quality.

We tried to book dinner that night for 8pm and though initially it wasn't possible, the maitre'd went out of his way to get us a table for the time we wanted. The food was a little pricey but was delicious. In the lounge we had to wait a little while for drinks though I think that was down to the staff being new.

Next morning, the breakfast (included) was the best I've ever had - locally produced and 'full irish' of course.

I'm dying to go back and would highly recommend it. Excellent.

3  Thank weir_belfast
Reviewed October 3, 2006

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff are very attentive and helpful without being overbearing and the rooms are lovely. The beds are comfortable and the restaurant is worth a visit. The ground floor is stunning and overall it is great value for a 5 star.

2  Thank tima
Reviewed September 25, 2006

This was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at evn better than the W in New York . You will find other hotels in Galway that are better situated and but dont have the view out over the sea.

The service, the food and the atmosphere was great in the restaurant. The Restaurant Manager Orla is so in tune with her guests that the dining experence was the highlight of the stay just ahead of the Beds God are they comfy. The service and the food in the Restaurant was so good that we dined on the second night there as well. However, the Menu is a little on the small side in terms of items to choise from. the staff being very attentive and most produce from local farmers and markets. Quite a few locals had dinner there, always a good sign. I have read in another review that food was inedible - either the people must have burned their taste buds or something has happened in the meantime, because I had some really great food, and I am fairly demanding. Breakfast was also very nice, buffet style but with cooked options available.

The whole place is contemporary and "Outside the Box".

The spa is very, very nice, even if you don't treat yourself to a massage or other treatment but just want to take advantage of the space you should have some time in the vitality pool.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the city centre with very nice pubs and shops, we walked in and got the Hotel to pick us up after we had all the shopping done. Just in time for afternoon tea, which we had with a glass of Pink Champers!!! what a way to have High Tea, The service in the lounge was a bit slow and hap-hazard and the staff did not have the same polish as in the restaurant.

We have aready booked for a short trip in December with Friends. we can see this as being a regular thing.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business