the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Nox Hotel(Galway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,834 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyretail parkcup cakespink roomluxury roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areasfrom start to finishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Booked this hotel for a short break. Was very dissappointed with the whole hotel. Reception area is so very dark and depressing, receptionist was friendly and showed us to our room. Corridors were very darkly lit and tomb-like. Bedroom was fine, comfy bed, nice bathroom, clean, flat screen tv and table and chairs in the room. Hotel is a good 15 mins walk to Galway city centre. Hotel has 3 big lounge room, where you sit and order your drinks and wait for them to be brought to you, very slow and you could wait up to 15mins for a drink. Breakfast was ok, had the continental choice - which wasnt great, poor selection of cheeses and meats, and had an omlette which was burnt. Also ate lunch in the hotel and it was very bland - seafood chowder and a chicken pannini - which was just a pannini with dry chicken, should have know from the lunch but we had dinner here also. We were shown "to the best table in the house" - which overlooked the main road and a garage?! proceeded to order a caesar salad, which when it came out I couldnt believe it, a head of lettuce sliced in half with a very poor dressing on it, main meal was very dry chicken on a bed of luke warm mash and dessert wasnt great either. Husbands meal was as bad and he had lamb. Overall I wouldnt stay in this hotel again as there are better hotels in Galway, it is far over rated and definatly not worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BernieIreland
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I booked myself and my mother in for one night at this so called 5 star hotel. When we arrived at 3:15pm, we were told our room would not be ready until 5pm, as the hotel was fully booked the night before, so we were told we could wait in the lounge and were given complimentary coffees. Check in time is 3pm. It transpired that some guests who stayed for Valentines night were allowed late check out and that was why we were not able to check in. They should not have offered late check outs for our room as we were booked to check in (see hotel guide for dummies) ! No manager came to see us and explain situation. When we asked for a manager she tried to justify that they were very busy but that there was nothing she could do except offer us a double room. They could have contacted us by mobile to inform us of the delay. We asked for our money back at 5pm as we were still waiting and checked into the fabulous Twelve hotel. G hotel staff should take a lesson in customer service from them. We were treated so badly I will never consider the G hotel again for my frequent trips to Galway. You could do a lot better off than stay in this totally overrated, overstyled, and above all poorly managed hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
10  Thank travellingbambi
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My partner and I just loved every minute of our 2 night stay at the G. The decor is just amazing and the service and attention to detail were second to none. Breakfast was delicious on our first morning, but on Satuday morning the dining room was very busy and the buffet had run out of several items and were slow to be replaced. I'd recommend a mid-week break. Dinner in the restaurnt was also delicious, again with excellent service, but was a bit pricey, especially for the wine. My only complaint would be the view of a DIY superstore from our room. In saying all that, the gorgeous rooms and amazing staff more than made up for these minor complaints.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank declanjhayes
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We stayed here for one night in February 09. THe hotel is absolutely beautiful. Bar areas are very quirky. I can recommend their cocktails...although i did perhaps have one or two too many!!! We ate in the dining room that night. The food and restaurant were beautiful and the service superb. Breakfast the following morning was also excellent. I would highly recommend staying there and will definately go back myself.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Just returned from a break to celebrate my wife's significant birthday. The hotel staff made every effort to make the stay go well and we were very impressed from the pink tea we shared upon our arrival through dinner and the magnificent breakfasts.

It is more expensive than probably some would like to pay - but the assured quality was worth it - probably not a great place for children - but a fantastic romantic retreat and if you can pay that little bit more go for a junior suite - my missus was as pleased as punch.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple