“Just GO!”

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Limerick
“Just GO!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Amazing experience in this Hotel from the moment we arrived until we reluctantly left. This is 5 star luxury for sure & you will enjoy every moment. The rooms are amazing, we had a deluxe King room. Quiet, amazingly comfortable & great night’s sleep. The lounge area in the room is perfect for relaxing & everything is thought of for your comfort. Huge bath & separate shower, gorgeous toiletries & plenty of towels, robes, slippers just make the experience even better. Food wise – we ate in one of their signature lounges, afternoon tea was lovely & dinner delicious food & wine at a good price - €69 for 2 starters & 2 mains with a bottle of house wine. Plenty of other great deals on offer too. Breakfast was delightful, with plenty of variety and in a relaxed atmosphere. Menu of food cooked to order is very good and food all very tasty. The spa – Thermal area is a must, found it clean, warm, good size and extremely relaxing. The treatments were a bit pricy for what you get. Massage wasn’t great and I felt the relaxation area was very cold. These are small areas that they could add a bit more thought to as the rest of the hotel and service is excellent. Overall – definitely go. You will leave relaxed, happy, well rested and well fed. Great place for a break away.

Room Tip: A deluxe King a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
We were delighted to read that you had such an amazing experience at the g. Your lovely comments about our bedrooms, our Signature Lounges and our breakfast offering in restaurant Gigi’s are all greatly appreciated. We were pleased to read that you made time to visit ESPA at the g, however we will follow up your feedback with our ESPA Manager, Elaine.
We greatly appreciate your review and we hope that you will stay with us at the g the next time you are visiting Galway.
The g Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had the afternoon tea with our stay, the service was realy good. Excellent atmosphere too, we didnt leave the hotel the first night. Their cocktails are fantastic too! The only issue is that its a bit out of the way if you want to walk, not the nicest part of town but the taxis arent too expensive so it wouldnt be a reason not to go.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience at the g. It was lovely to read that you made time to enjoy Afternoon tea at the g and that you sampled our cocktail menu.
We hope that you will return to us again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I actually had to check to see if this really is a 5 star hotel. Compared to other 5 star hotels, it doesn't even come close. There is absolutely no attention to detail. There was no greeting upon arrival or farewell on departure-no assistance or offer of help in any way. The rooms themselves were lovely, nice halls too and the spa was fantastic. Food was good and the staff in the restaurant were very nice. But they have very clearly been trained by someone other than whoever trained the staff at reception. Our room was freezing. There was only the option of air conditioning. When I was leaving for a night out, I asked at reception if somebody could look at the heating. When I returned after a very rainy night in Galway, the room was still freezing. There was still no heating (not sure if it was broken or just doesn't exist!!) and instead there was a very thin blanket left. No note to explain that the heating wasn't working. I actually contemplated sleeping in the hall as it was a lot warmer! Needless to say, I had a terrible nights sleep. When I was checking out, I mentioned the heating issue and the girl at reception literally said "oh-sorry". I wasn't looking for anything except a genuine apology or explanation but her nonchalance made me more mad. I emailed the hotel to give them my feedback and received no reply! Hence why I'm writing a review here! It is that sort of "couldn't care less attitude" that makes this place a very poor hotel and in no way deserves to be a 5 star. Might be flashy on the outside but it certainly doesn't live up to the expectations. So if you are planning to stay here-make sure to wrap up and bring extra clothes as you'll certainly need them. And if something goes wrong, expect the type of response that you'd get at the Ryanair desk. The only good thing about the place is the superb spa and the fantastic staff that work there. But you can still use the spa if you're not staying there-just pay a small fee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank 231Marie
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
We were all greatly upset to read your review. Firstly the g is a 5 star hotel. We are 5 star rated by the AA and the Irish Tourism Board. Our team are all highly trained so it was peculiar to read that you were not welcomed or looked after and that you did not notice the attention to detail that we pride ourselves on. Our bedrooms are equipped with an in-room temperature control unit. This allows the guest to have cold air or warm air. If there was a genuine problem with the temperature control unit a room move would have been offered. We certainly would never expect anyone to sleep in a hallway.
Your review is upsetting. We take enormous pride in everything that we do and we hope that you can see that we genuinely care for our guests.
We hope that we have addressed your concerns.
Swords, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and staff friendly. Had a very enjoyable weekend and close to all shops and bars. Just ate a snack in the bar but on observation the food seemed of a high standard. Used the fitness centre on the Saturday morning which gave me an appetite for breakfast. All in all will Definitly be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed our bedrooms as well as the location of the hotel. We have shared your lovely feedback regarding our menu offerings with all. We hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the g again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The G is a fantastic hotel to stay in for a relaxing and indulgent break. The signature lounges are tastefully decorated and lovely to enjoy a cocktail The food was fantastic, especially the breakfast! There isnt very much to see and do in the immediate location surrounding the hotel, but the city is a 20 min walk away which was ok for us, but maybe not for convenient for some.

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your fantastic feedback regarding our Signature Lounges and menu offerings with all.
We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are visiting Galway.
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Really nice welcome when we arrived, cool interior cocktails before dinner were delicious and the meal itself was outstanding.
Close to Galway ''city'' staff very helpful in recommending place to go and the breakfast wa very nice. we will stay here again.

Dear Guest,
It was lovely to read of the warm welcome you received upon arrival. Our cocktail selection receives constant praise and it was lovely to read how much you enjoyed them as well as our dinner selection.
We really appreciate your kind words and we hope that you will stay with us the next time you are visiting Galway.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I don't usually do this but I was very disappointed with this hotel, My Partner and I travelled from Kerry to stay in the hotel for 2 nights for our anniversary. Needless to say after hearing so many great stories about this hotel and how impressed I would be with it...I was looking forward to it.....this was unfortunately not the case. If you were going to write the review on the accommodation alone it would get 5 stars but the hotel has big problems when it comes to staff and how they manage them. We paid a lot of money to stay for the 2 nights with an evening meal and decided to have it on the 1st night, I ordered a pulled ham salad to start and when it arrived there was a mix up between the waiter/kitchen. I was given the Ham Hock terrine, I kindly told the manager who came to my table that it wasn't what i ordered and was told i was wrong and that is what it looks like. I asked to see the menu pointing out that it clearly was not what i had ordered, i wasn't offered any other option for a starter, Then for my main course I ordered a steak, Medium it came out Rare i didnt mind this as sometimes it happens with meat ( I just usually have bad luck anyway) but they took the meat in to cook some more, On returning my partner had waited and his food had gone cold as well as all of the sides (no offer to refresh them was made) i waved it off not wanting to have another argument with management about what i had ordered, for dessert my partner ordered a Warm Chocolate Fondant (which is supposed to be gooey in the middle) and what we got was a cheap mini muffin with cream in the middle ice cold. We left the restaurant and for the hassle the supplement for the steak had been waived due to the wait but there was no apology from the manager. There was a general lack of interest to be there from all of the staff, it took over 30 mins to order lunch in the lobby and we were the only people there!! On check out I wrote a comment card with all my details expecting a reply from management as I wanted to deal with them personally and not having to go public about it but this happened over 6 months ago an i have yet to hear anything. I think this is shocking on the hotels behalf and I will not be recommending this hotel or returning ever again myself.

7 Thank DBRLH
Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that occurred during dinner service. This is certainly not the standard that we aim for here in the g. Our Restaurant has gone from strength to strength with the introduction of new menus and dining options. We are following up your issues currently and please accept our apologies once more for your dining experience.
We hope that you will reconsider staying in the g in the future so you can witness our improvements first hand.