“Expectations were beyond exceeded!”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a dream! The spa, the restaurant, the room and the staff were all flawless. The hotel itself is stunning, really beautifully finished, very modern but with classic touches. I met with the wedding coordinator Rachel and she was so helpful and made me want to get married there the next day! We stayed in a luxury room, and it was just that! The bathroom was like something out of a magazine and the little touches like cupcakes in the room and turn down service just made us feel so welcomed. I've already planned another visit! I would stay here over anywhere else in Galway, and as an ex-galwegian that's saying something! It's definitely worth it for the big bit of luxury! Plus the relaxation room in the spa is heaven, I find myself drifting back in there in head! They made our visit special and a real treat.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
It was so rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your time in the g. Rachel was especially delighted to be mentioned in your review. Our Luxury bedrooms are the ideal choice for a special occasion and we are so pleased you enjoyed the additional benefits and features they boast. We have shared your kind comments about our Spa, Restaurant, Bedrooms and of course our ladies and gentlemen working in the hotel with all.
Thank you once again for your thoughtful review. We hope to welcome you back to us again very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. It was a birthday gift to my boyfriend and it was our first time staying here. When you first arrive the first thing you notice is the fantastic decor. Everything from the amazing staff to the gorgeous food this hotel is a must stay. I could not fault it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read that you will not stay anywhere else in Galway other than the g after your recent visit. Our Philip Treacy designed hotel is very special to us and it was lovely to read that you enjoyed the decor of the hotel as well as our creative menu offerings. Our team were honoured to be mentioned in your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to us and please pass our best wishes on to your partner on this special occasion.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our first time at the g hotel...from the moment the lift doors opened onto the reception floor it was 'wow'. The staff at reeption and in the longe areas were really friendly & the service was great. The signature cupcake in our room was a real surprise and delicious. Thank you for a realy memorable stay on our wedding anniversary. We would love to return again another time.

Room Tip: Room on the second floor to the back of the hotel was completely noise free!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g. It was lovely to read that you felt the hotel has the Wow factor and that you enjoyed the level of service our Signature Lounge team provide. Our arrival cupcakes are one of the many thoughtful touches that make the g a unique destination. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and thank you for spending your special occasion with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in the G for a couple of nights in February, and from the moment I arrived and was greeted by possibly the friendliest person ever, I enjoyed perfect service. And not only was the service 5*, but the spa, the lounge areas, the decor, the breakfast, and my room were also. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read of the warm welcome you received when checking in to the hotel. Our team were so pleased to read about the perfect service you experienced and that you enjoyed your time in ESPA at the g, our Signature Lounges and Restaurant Gigi’s. We look forward to welcoming you back to us and please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure your next stay is as memorable an experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband got me a voucher on Living Social as a surprise Christmas present. I had heard many good things about the G so I was really looking forward to it.

The first issue that we had was actually getting a date - a common problem with a lot of these voucher websites. Once you pay your money, you shouldn't have to pay extra if it's not on the terms and conditions. We had to pay an extra €40 per night to get a weekend date which was clearly not stated on the voucher terms.

The staff were very helpful on checking in. We got a lovely room - it seemed dark, it had a view of a back courtyard - another downside of being on a voucher. The bathroom was luxurious and very nicely decorated.

We ate there on the Friday evening in one of the lounges and also had lunch on the Sat afternoon in the bar. The food was lovely and nicely presented. The decor in the lounges could do with refurbishment - the chairs look worn and the carpets are dirty and shabby. The meal that was disappointing was the breakfast. For a 5 star, I was surprised to see a hot buffet counter. I would have expected the hot food to be cooked to order. A lot of the hot food was not that hot nor was it that well cooked.

We had a nice morning in the Spa on Sunday morning. This area was much smaller than I would have expected. We had to book a time slot. Again, if you're staying in a 5 star facility, you shouldn't feel restricted in your time slots. I had a facial and it was enjoyable.

I don't know what the requirements for a 5 star hotel are but I feel that the G falls a bit short.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsMSmurf
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g. Let us begin by explaining that every night we had an allocation of bedrooms for our promotional sale on Living Social. However due to the immense popularity of the sale this allocation quickly ran out. As Friday and Saturday nights are premium nights for the hotel a supplement was offered to people wishing to stay when the allocation of rooms was full. Alternative dates are always offered when the initial date requested is fully reserved however, we found that most wished to avail of a weekend stay. In order to not disappoint we offered availability with a supplement charge rather than losing the value of the voucher.
Our Luxury bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. However they do not have front facing views. This is one of the main differentiating factors between our Luxury bedrooms and our Junior Suites. At the weekend we offer a buffet and plated menu option for breakfast This normally receives praise and our guests enjoy this. It was disappointing to read that you did not enjoy this aspect of your stay.
Lastly, we advise all of our guests to prebook Spa treatments as the facility is very popular and in particular the Thermal Suite area, as this area limits the number of guests at any one time again we always advise to book in advance to avoid disappointment. We do appreciate you review and we hope that we have addressed your concerns.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

5* treatment from all the staff at the G. Spent a night there just before Christmas and got engaged so it will always hold great memories for both of us. Rooms are modern, stylish and clean and there's a great ambiance around the whole place (possibly because of the Christmas feel also). Dined in one of their themed lounges where we quiet happily stayed for most of the night. Food was delicious and fairly price as where the cocktails (2 for 1). Sexy, stylish and very impressive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read of the 5 star experience you had at the g. Congratulations on your engagement. It is always fantastic to read news like this! We really do appreciate your fantastic feedback about our bedrooms, Signature Lounges and of course the ambiance and design of the hotel.
We wish you and your partner the very best for your future life together.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

It's been about 4 years since I stayed at the G but my boyfriend who lived in Mayo went about four times in all that one of the girls at Reception actually knew my name, which is very 5-star! Actually they were all amazing.
The first time I was there our room was one of the standard ones, with the shower and bath together which I don't like so always went Superior after that. Which is so worth it as the showers are glorious, love a good power shower. There's something other wordly about the G. Sure, I never used the spa and would love a pool, but it is a great place to stay. You never really see the staff, but they materialise at the right time which is great. I ordered a martini from the bar and paid then, though when we both went out for a cigarette it had been taken away, maybe someone thought we abandoned an expensive drink with only a sip taken!
But anyway what harm. Anyway this is too long, so the beds are amazing, the carpets are so soft and luxurious and there's a lovely pleasant smell! Delicious breakfasts too. The only reason I haven't been back is because I live with my boyfriend in Galway!

• Stayed: September 2013
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay at the g. We were delighted to read that you have become a loyal and frequent visitor to the hotel. Our bedrooms and bathrooms receive a great deal of praise and it was lovely to see that you enjoy the benefits of our upgraded bedrooms.
Please accept our apologies that your drinks were taken away when you went outside. We hope that we get the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again soon. We also hope that you get the time to visit ESPA at the g our award winning Spa.