“absolute style and luxury”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
dublin
“absolute style and luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had a few stays recently in the hotel in Galway for overnight business. From the moment I arrived the staff were so friendly at reception. The spa and restaurant staff were very helpful. The restaurant food was exceptional and the staff were very accommodating for me as a vegetarian.

The rooms were very substantial even the standard rooms were like and upgrade. It is lovely to be welcomed with cupcakes in your room on arrival, a very nice touch.

The only disappointment was that I had to leave this fabulous hotel early in the morning to go to work. The delicious breakfast set me up for the day. You can have the buffet and also work from the hot menu.
I will definitely return to this hotel for business and leisure,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank coolkat
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience at the g on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and found our team to be friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience in Restaurant Gigi’s as well as our modern and spacious bedrooms.
It really was fantastic to see your lovely comments which I have already shared them with the team here at the g. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon and that you get longer to enjoy the hotel and its facilities.

Thank you once again, we greatly appreciate your time and feedback.

The g Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Co Mayo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times in the last few years for weekend breaks. It is a great place to destress and relax. Spa is wonderful. On this visit treated myself to a facial and use ot the thermal bath area and it was a great experience. Rooms very comfortable and modern. We did encounter a big problem this time with the heating in our room, it did not work. It was disappointing to arrive into a cold room in the afternoon and later that night when we returned from a night out. A heater was installed but did little to warm the room. However on check out the next morning Niall apologized and made an offer of dicount and upgrade at our next visit. When a problem arises it is how the staff deals with issues and we were happy to have this resolved and the standard of service from all the staff is excellent.
Did not have a meal there as we wanted to go into the city for food and sample the atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious. If you are seeking a relaxing break with some comfort and style and a little pampering this is the place.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a suite, lovely views and bathroom
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the g on numerous occasions over the last few years. I was delighted to read that you find the g to be a great place to relax and de-stress, especially ESPA at the g. I was of course disappointed to read that you experienced difficulties with the heating system in your bedroom. However I was pleased to read that Niall dealt with the issue and that you will be returning to the g again soon.
Finally, it was good to read that you enjoyed breakfast in Restaurant Gigi’s. Your comments are greatly appreciated by us all here in the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you once again for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Best Wishes,

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently had a day of pampering at the spa in the "G" with a friend. Upon arrival I found the reception staff extremely friendly and welcoming. Roisin, whom was very pleasant and helpful showed us the way to the spa, where we had fantastic treatments and a relaxing afternoon, followed by the best cocktails in the west of Ireland. Our waitress Jess was very attentive and knowledgeable on the cocktail menu. I would highly recommend a visit to the "G Hotel". I found the overall experience one to remember!!

Room Tip: I didn't stay overnight but will def plan a future stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to spend a day with us at ESPA at the g. It really was lovely to read your review. I was delighted that you found our team to be friendly and welcoming. I will be certain to share your feedback with all especially Roisin in our front of house team and Jess in our lounge team. Our cocktail lounge is becoming increasingly popular and with feedback like yours it is easy to understand why!
Thank you once again for such a fantastic review; I am so glad that you will remember your experience at the g. Please contact us here at the hotel if there is anything we can do to ensure your next visit is as memorable.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel has a definite personality! It was a fun place to stay because literally, every common area of the hotel had a different style and color scheme. We had a wonderful room with all the amenities you could wish for, including welcome cupcakes. The lobby bar / gathering area displays the movie My Fair Lady on the window shades as night falls. Though you can't hear the sound, it is a fun treat while enjoying a pint of Guinness or a cocktail. The breakfast was wonderful as well, and the staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a 5 star review of your recent stay at the g on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the personality of the g and found it to be a fun place to stay! We all take enormous pride in our Philip Treacy designed hotel and it was really lovely to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. I will be certain to pass your wonderful comments about our welcome cupcakes, signature lounge areas and breakfast in Restaurant Gigi’s on to all our ladies and gentlemen working here in the hotel.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the g. We all appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure that your next stay is as flawless.

Clare Island, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

An excellent stay...couldnt ask for better.All aspects of hotel were faultless and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to be pampered.It is in a perfect location.Triona and Niall deserve special mention.Their helpfulness and kindness was very much appreciated and this makes all the difference.We will be back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marie Ann G
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a 5 star review of your recent trip to the g on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also lovely to read that you found your stay to be faultless and that the team ensured you were well looked after. I will be certain to pass your kind comments on to all here in the hotel especially Triona and Niall.
We all appreciate your fantastic review. Please contact us here at the hotel if there is anything we can do to ensure that your next stay is as flawless.

Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Myself and 7 friends had the pleasure of staying at the 'G' for my hen weekend and it was perfect in every way. We had one triple and two doubles, which worked really well. The service was impeccable and just our overall stay was faultless. We managed to cram in so much over the weekend and the hospitality was second to none.

A perfect weekend location, with that added luxury.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lordie1
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us in the g. I was delighted to read how well our ladies and gentlemen looked after you. Your kind comments about our impeccable service are greatly appreciated and I have already shared them with our team. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our hospitality.
Thank you once again for such lovely comments. We all appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor for others to read and benefit from.

Best Wishes,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Service with a capital S. The staff at the hotel exemplified perfection. Having checked out yesterday, my husband and I made our way to Dublin, when I promptly realized I had left some clothing in my room at the G. Upon calling, the operator/front desk took our phone number and called back within an hour. They had located all items and would ship AT THEIR EXPENSE to my home back in NYC. This act of post-stay service was the icing on the cake of excellent recommendations for dining/drives/destinations from EVERYONE on their staff. For a moderately priced hotel, this was so beyond my expectations that I had to post this review. It didn't hurt either, that the hotel design was a knock-out, with food and comfort as great as the service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jill345
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at the g on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read how highly you praised our Philip Treacy designed Hotel, our Service as well as our dedicated team. I was also pleased to read how well our Accommodation team looked after you when you realized you had left some belongings behind. I will be certain to share your kind comments with the entire team here at the g.
We all greatly appreciate your feedback. I hope that you had a safe trip home to New York.
Once again thank you for writing such a fantastic review, I hope that you will stay with us at the g the next time you are visiting Ireland.