“Best Hotel in Galway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Hotel in Galway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here almost 5 years ago and decided to go back over this easter weekend. We booked a superior room for 3 nights and were upgraded to a Junior Suite with views over the lake. The room was amazing. We had planned to go into Galway city to eat but ended up not leaving the hotel until our check out day. We spent the time between the suite, restaurant and the ESPA spa (use of which was included in our cost). Both my wife and I agreed that this was the most relaxing break we had taken in the last few years. We would recommend this hotel to any couple trying to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have views over the lake.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the g on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read that you consider the g to be the best hotel in Galway! Thank you for returning to us five years after your first visit and for staying with us for three nights. Our Junior Suites are immensely popular due to their front facing views and designer bathrooms and I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed the benefits of one of them.

Lastly it was great to read that you found time to visit ESPA at the g which is an experience in itself. I hope you have had a safe journey home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the g again soon.

The g Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent hotel, kind of place you just don't need to leave. Staff are the best I have met to date on my travels. As soon as I arrived the atmosphere was really special. Best bed I ever slept in...
Hoping to get back ASAP and enjoy the experience to the max. I think the style of the hotel is what got me most....

Room Tip: Deluxe .... or better!!!
Dear Guest,

It was so lovely to read the title of your review! I was so pleased to read that you had such a fantastic experience here at the g. I will be certain to pass your kind words about our team been the best you have encountered on your travels to date onto all here at the g.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay as enjoyable.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the G and absolutely loved it. We were at a convention so were part of a large group. Our stay included a 4 course meal which was out of this world. I also sampled the room service menu which was excellent. The rooms are beautiful and the overall decor was stunning. I couldn't fault the staff from check in to check out, they were all very polite and very professional. I look forward to staying at the G hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at the g last month. I was delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We offer many packages that include dinner in Restaurant Gigi’s and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience there as well as our in room dining facility.

Lastly I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments about our polite and professional team onto all here in the hotel. I hope you both had a safe return journey. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Freetown, Sierra Leone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

From check in to check out, this hotel exudes 5 star service and facilities. The room was faultless, the cupcakes really added a sweet touch! I had a fantastic sleep and didn't want to leave the bed. Cocktails, lunch and breakfast were all wonderful. When we ordered a taxi into town the wonderful gentleman on the concierge desk took us into town in the hotel's Audi A8 (complimentary) which was a nice start to an evening out in Galway! I unfortunately didn't have time to experience the spa here but it is a good excuse to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the g! Let me begin by thanking you for writing such an excellent review of your recent stay at the g. I was so pleased to read that you felt the hotel exuded 5 star service and facilities. It was lovely to read your kind comments about our bedrooms, cocktails and our food selection here at the g.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience a trip into Galway in our courtesy car. Once again thank you for writing such an excellent review, we all appreciate your feedback. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon and that you get the time to experience ESPA at the g.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Myself and my fiance decided to take a last minute break over the Easter weekend and happened upon this hotel on SecretEscapes. We spent two great nights here. From the moment we pulled up at the front door the service was first class, the concierge came out to meet us (we were lucky enough to have complimentary valet parking) and helped with the bags, taking them to reception for us before parking our car and later bringing the bags up to the room. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful, arranging our dinner booking in the hotel restaurant the follwing evening and showing us to the lift and talking us through where we could find everything. The room was large, clean, very bright and well decorated. A moment later the concierge arrived with our bags and asked if we needed anything. Having never been to Galway before I asked about restaurants in the city for that evening, after going over a few options he offered to have some menus sent up. I explained that we were booked in to the spa in 15 minutes and he said he would have them waiting for us on our return. We made our way to the thermal suite and were very impressed. After a 5 and a half hour drive (we took the scenic route) it was just what we needed, incredibly relaxing and again the staff in the spa were excellent. When were leaving the spa the girl at the desk confirmed our treatments for the following day and handed us an envelope which the concierge had left containing the menus he had promised. We returned to the room, chose our restaurant and the hotel booked this for us. The decor in the hotel is beautiful, some lovely, what seemed to be, Eames inspired (Eiffel tower leg style) table legs in the bar area, great artwork and very comfy. The waiting staff in the bar area were great and the cocktails just as good. We had some treatments in the Spa on Sunday and didn't want them to stop, the staff in there were again top notch. A lovely little touch was the easter egg left in our room upon our return. That night we ate in the hotel restaurant and it was amazing, I would highly recommend the fillet of beef and the lemon tart, top notch cuisine.

If I had to force myself to pick one flaw with the place it would be that there was no radio/iPod dock in the room, but really that is just me being picky!

Check out was just as flawless as check in and again the concierge (although a different one this time) was more than helpful. All in all it was a wonderful stay and we really hope to be back again. Thank you all at The g for a very relaxing weekend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g over the Easter weekend. It really was fantastic to read your comments on how well our team looked after you. We greatly pride ourselves on the level of service we provide here at the g so your comments about our service being first class are greatly appreciated.

The Thermal Suite is becoming increasingly popular at ESPA at the g and with feedback like yours it is easy to understand why! I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Easter egg we delivered to your bedroom!

I will be certain to share your kind words with the entire team here in the hotel. We were delighted to look after you during your stay and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you once again for your 5 star review.

Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in the hotel recently for a work trip. From the moment I arrived till the time i left i could not have been treated better. Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to cater for my needs. The Concierge Noel even dropped me into town in the hotels complementry car so i didnt have to wait on a taxi. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough and have recommended it to other work colleagues going to Galway on Business and to Family and Friends looking for a real treat.

Room Tip: From what I have seen during my stay all rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for posting such a fantastic review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read how impressed you were with our team here at the hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and thank you for sharing them with your friends and colleagues!
Once again thank you for writing such a fantastic review. Please contact us here at the hotel if there is anything we can do to make your next stay as enjoyable.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here with work for a couple of nights whilst we were visiting a client. The rooms are just beautiful and with two full days of work and travelling the best bed I could have hoped for was in my room!

Cute touches with the cupcakes, and turning the radio on to music they seemed to know I liked. We figured this out because my colleague had his type of music on in his room too. Think they must have seen the NME magazine on my bed.

Bathrooms and toiletries were brilliant and the bath was deep with lots of hot water.

I didn't get to see the spa being a business trip, but the breakfast and reception rooms were beautiful and always a member of staff around without you even needing to look.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet including when in the bathroom - blackout blinds mean its super dark and you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for posting such a fantastic review of your stay at the g on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in the attention to detail we provide here at the g so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our cupcakes and turndown service. Your kind comments about our bedrooms, g toiletries and turndown service are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire team here at the g.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and that you allow time to experience ESPA at the g!

Thank you once again for such an excellent review.