Stayed here for a 2 night weekend break with my husband. We had a voucher for a 2 night stay with 3 course dinner (a birthday treat for me!). After querying the price when I made the booking (voucher was €600 but the break was cheaper on the internet) we were upgraded to a luxury room and given complimentary access to the thermal suite (however my voucher had indicated that this was included). Here's a few things to note.
1. Rooms are really lovely and spacious - no complaints
2. We ate in the bar on one night and had several drinks added to the bill which we did not order - not acceptable
3. Breakfast is up to 10am however the hot buffet was not available until 9.30am. We were told it should be available from 8am on, and then advised that it's later at weekends.
4. Booked a 'Foot and Leg' treatment in the spa. However it was really a glorified pedicure. There was no leg massage in this treatment as indicated in the brochure. It's purely a foot treatment! Also the therapist used hot stones for all of 2 minutes on each foot, and disappeared out of the room for ages.
5. Ate in 'Gigi's restaurant' on the saturday night. We were given the 'table d'hote' menu and at the bottom mentioned that you could avail of the 'a la carte' menu, however this was not offered. I ordered scallops, and 10 minutes later was told they were not available. Foor was mediocre. My sea bass was warm, plates were not heated. Potatoes were very greasy.
We ordered 1 x dessert (cheese plate) and coffees. The cheese plate had a nice selection of cheeses with 4 x crackers. Noticed others with cheese plates with lots of crackers. Again we had to ask for more. When it came to signing for the bill we were charged for the dessert and coffees. Having checked our voucher, it stated 3 course meal with tea / coffee - so we should not have been charged. Poor service again.....
6. The following morning we sat in the restaurant for breakfast and the sofa's were filthy, dusty and covered in hair (quite obviously not cleaned / brushed down after previous night's restaurant service). Again hot buffet was not available. Only 'a la carte' breakfast menu.
7. Had another treatment in the spa....now the spa is fabulous, however after each treatment when you sign, the spa manager purposely points and tells you "thats where you can leave a tip for your therapist"! Really this is poor and should not be mentioned.
All in all we were quite disappointed with the hotel. It's not worth the price.
We did meet with the duty manager who dealt with our complaint very well and we were happy with the way it was managed. However it was a list of simple things that should not happen in a top quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star g Hotel & Spa is perfectly situated to discover Galway City and the West of Ireland. Designed by renowned milliner, Philip Treacy, the g Hotel offers 101 spacious bedrooms and suites, a luxury 20,000sqm spa 'ESPA at the g', dramatic Signature Lounges ideal for casual dining and Afternoon Tea as well as delectable dining options in the 2 AA culinary rosette Restaurant gigi's. The g Hotel & Spa also features state of the art conference facilities for up to 300 delegates and hosts stylish weddings for up to 180 guests. Exclusive 5-star hotel & spa - Located in Galway City centre - Design by milliner Philip Treacy - 101 light-filled bedrooms - Five-star service - Luxury spa designed by ESPA - Cocktail bar & Signature Lounges - Award winning restaurant - Conferences for 300 delegates - Stylish Wedding Venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your the g Hotel & Spa Galway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- g Hotel Galway
- Galway g Hotel