“Perfect”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Galway
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here last night and it was perfect we opted for the spa meal and movie deal. It was everything you could wish for in a relaxing evening starting with the massage our two massage therapist were the best worked wonders for our massages. Then came dinner the package was for two course meal and that's all we could handle the food was mouth watering the G burger recommended the for the only time we had to leave the hotel was for the cinema. After which the quality of the beds all I can say is the best sleep iv had in some time. I would highly recommend the G if your looking for a relaxing break away

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you looking for a real treat, this is the place to go in Galway. We have stayed there a number of times over the past years and I'm always happy to say that the G Hotel is a true 5 star hotel. We have never had anything other then excellent service from all the reception, room service, restaurant and bar staff. I cannot fault them on anything. On our last visit my wife used the SPA and again found the staff and facilities to be excellent.

We have only eaten breakfast there but it's been one of the nicest I have eaten in a hotel. I look forward to it every time we stay.

The rooms are lovely. The beds are very comfortable and you have a really relaxing time.

So all and all I would highly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Try and stay in a luxury room if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last year and i didn't want to go home.
Staff literally run around after you trying to please you.
Breakfast was the best breakfast i've ever eaten in a hotel in my life. Very high quality.
Bedding was high quality and we slept really well. We used the spa area (sauna etc) this was nice., althou i dont know if it is worth 20 each.
We only left the hotel twice (one to go to cinema and the other time to eat in the huntsman across the road). We had planned to do lots of things but we were so happy in the hotel we stayed there instead.
Would def stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank landofheartsdesire
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Received a very generous gift of a voucher for The G for a Christmas present and we werek een to use it whilst in Ireland visiting my family for Christmas. Booked a luxury room and it was divine. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - didn't want to leave it! The staff were excellent; fast check in, helpful without being pushy, service was excellent and the food and drink wasn't as overpriced as other hotels of this calibre. This hotel is perfect if you are going to spend the time relaxing in the lounges and enjoying the hotel's facilities. It's not suitable if you are looking for a room with a view as it's location isn't conducive to this. My only quibble really is that they don't have hair conditioner in the bathrooms! This was the first time I've stayed here but have been here a few times for afternoon tea and lunch with the girls.... I'll be back !

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay as opposed to the hardware store!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have returned to the g for the second time, it is so nice, comfortable and relaxing. The food, bars etc are great, staff extremely helpful and polite. The only fault was that the room and bathroom were a little grubby - bathroom in particular. There was a large stain on the carpet too.. For the price, you would expect a higher standard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for my wife's 30th. Stayed in a suite, room itself was ok however the bathroom was great. Recommend the cocktails in the bar, went down a treat! Location is sell outsiðe town but is still probably best hotel in Galway city.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had been wanting to visit the G for quite a while but was waiting for a special occasion. My boyfriend treated me for my birthday and what a treat it was. Staff are extremely friendly and professional but without over doing it which i liked. The hotel is pristine clean. Loved the decor of the place, very funky and modern which I tend to like in hotels. Our room was amazing, overlooking the Lake Atilia. We were on the first floor and not once did we hear the traffic and there was always a flow of it. Such a nice touch with the cupcakes and chocolates in the room on arrival. Room very spacious and the bed was so comfy that we missed breakfast both mornings, ooops!! I highly recommend staying here, it will be an experience you will never forget. To all the staff at the G, keep doing what you are doing!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple