2,974 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyluxury roomretail parkcup cakespink roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areascar parkfrom start to finish
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The hotel is approx 2minutes in a taxi from the centre of Galway. Firstly the decor is very unusual in the reception area. The check-in staff and concierge were so warm and welcoming. Nothing was a problem to them. The lounges in the hotel have individual character and are very relaxing.
Our bedroom was a large, bright spacious room, with a fully glass wall overlooking the sea. Our bathroom had a large bath and a walk-in shower area. The large bed was very comfortable and there is air on with your own temperature controls.
We availed of the thermal suite and relaxation room in the hotel. This was a real delight and well worth a try.
Breakfasts were wonderful, with a wide choice of cooked and cold breakfasts available. Again the staff were warm and helpful without being overbearing.
We had dinner in the main restaurant on the first night. The only criticism we would have was that the menu, while very imaginative, is over-priced for the size of the portions. For example, my partner had turbot on risotto. There was only one small piece of fish on a plate that was filled out with the risotto. Otherwise the food was beautifully presented.
Overall, the hotel is a very beautiful and tranquil place. There is a constant air of calm in the entire building. We will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a front-facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

took my mum to this hotel as a pre bday treat wow is the only word to describe it from start to finish the entire hotel staff were first class, im in a wheelchair and what i loved was the way they have incorporated the lift access outside the hotel for a wheelchair user to get to hotel entrance its out of sight and well designed so that the disabled person can use it without being on show the staff could not have done more for me and my mum breakfast was amazing and the cupcakes and chocs lovely personal touch in the room its the 5 star hotel u feel so at home in special thanks to molly jordan who i had being in contact with pre stay and who helped me with the room to cater for my chair and made sure my mum was treated like a queen i was delighted to have the pleasure to meet her on the morning i was leaving to thank her personally the only down side was that we had to return to reality and leave the fab hotel im going to put on my wishlist to return!

Room Tip: we got free upgrade to deluxe room which was fab and just a lovely way to treat my mum
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

A five star hotel with a price to match and a two star service. Staff need to be reminded that they work in a five star hotel. One should not have to ask three times and wait 40 minutes before they get a glass of water.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Hilowe1
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the G hotel as a mid week getaway and had a fabulous time! We got a great deal and stayed in a junior suite. Fabulous room with a view of the bay.

The decor of this hotel is really wow! I love the different lounge rooms each with its own distinctive decor.

The room was gorgeus; opulent, luxurious and so comfortable. Our bathroom had a double shower, his and hers sinks and a fabulous stand alone bathtub. The bathroom has a TV in the wall with a remote which is waterproof so you can watch TV in the bath....

We had dinner one night in the restaurant and we were very impressed- great food, great service and reasonably priced. Breakfast was also really good- lots of choice.

Overall we loved this hotel- cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kickink
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I am just back from two days at the g hotel and from arrival to departure this hotel was first class it's modern decor is captivating I loved it the staff at reception were extremely helpful the rooms were spacious an again fab decor there is complimentary newspapers and water placed in the room every day the spa is very unusual loved spending time here the only negative with our package it included one complimentary visit to the spa each otherwise on a return visit it would have coat 20 euro each per house which is a bit pricy we dined in the restaurant on one of the nights they do a 3 course menu with tea/coffee for 36 euro each the service in the restaurant was first class especially emmet very professional the staff make this experience special a gem of a hotel in Galway and I cannot wait to return

• Stayed: April 2012