$152
$152
$129
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$104
$118
$318
$302
2,940 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyretail parkluxury roomcup cakespink roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areascar parkfrom start to finish
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is an experience! Very unique design. We went for a girly weekend and got superb value for money. Location is ideal for shopping in Galway which is a pleasure to shop in being pedestrian. There is a cinema next to the hotel although we didn't go to it. I didn't go to the spa but girls did and said it was very good. View from hotel is not great and we got a bit murky weekend so it was a bit dreary outside...but can't blame the G for that. It's a visual feast. Staff are exceptional. No swimming pool. Would have liked to see a Philip Treacy designed pool!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Unravel
Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I went to the G hotel for 3 nights for my 30th birthday. It was amazing. The staff were all totally professional and really helpful - suggested lovely places to visit and gorgeous restaurants to dine in. The food in the G is excellent - especially the eggs benedict at breakfast! The decor of the hotel needs to be seen to be believed the photos do not do it justice. Our room 130 was comfortable and spotlessly clean and the turn down service in the evening was a real treat! On arrival there were also complimentary buns and chocolates and a happy birthday note!
Location of hotel is great a straight road and a 20min walk takes you into Galway town. The town itself has a lovely atmosphere and it is a pleasure to wander around.
Salthill is worth a visit in the evening for a meal - Da Robertas Italian restaurant is wonderful and really reasonably priced. Dail pub in Galway town is also lovely for a lunch or Dinner. Avoid the Huntsman inn (facing the Ghotel) which is over priced to say the least!
I would highly reccommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tristar25
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Great long weekend in Galway and the G Hotel made it. It was my birthday and after we checked into our amazing room, reception sent up a plate of cupcakes and chocolates wishing me happy birthday! We also used the thermal spa suite which I would def recommend and we ate in the hotel restaurant which was also excellent. Another personal touch was a small chocolate cake after the mains with a candle once again wishing me a happy birthday!

It is a short distance from Galway city centre but this is walkable or else easy to reach in a taxi. Will def return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Im_a_happy_camper41
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I came to Galway to visit our son who moved to the Emerald Isle in August, we decided to treat ourselves and opted for The g Hotel. The reviews were generally good - you always need to allow for the odd vexatious review and the odd 'odd' person - we thought on the whole this looked ok.
Well, we had a truly memorable visit, from our initial welcome by the reception team, to the porter to the waiting staff to the housekeeping team, it was plain the staff really aim to make ones stay something special and in our case they certainly succeeded.
The room was spacious and sumptuous, the bed was big enough for me to hide from my husband (always a bonus!) the bathroom was luxurious and we loved the robes and slippers, just great for lounging in after a soak in the tub.
We ate at Matz, imaginative choice, beautifully presented and tasting as good as it looked - believe me that was a challenge! - and once again the staff really pushed the boat out to make the evening wonderful. We rounded the meal off with cocktails which really hit the spot.
The hotel itself is a real experience, 5* hotels are all over the place really but this isn't just a luxury hotel it's more than that, it is a real sensory experience, the decor needs to be experienced first hand, pictures do it no justice, they're too one dimensional, but I've included some any way!
Well Team g, you can all congratulate yourselves on a job well done; it was so good we're coming back in January and may even bring friends this time!
Almost forgot...breakfast is fantastic...no need for lunch ;))

Room Tip: Ask the reception for their recommendation based on what you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MumamiaHitchin
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very nice hotel in Galway, a little out of town which until we got there didn't realise. Anyhow, my fault.
The whole hotel is urban chic, very contemporary decor and exceptional in presentation. the staff look the part, the service is excellent (especially Aman @ conceirge), one of the most helpful and professional staff members I have ever come across. He was very helpful in planning some routes for us and information on the local area.
Breakfast that was included was superb and it was a pleasure to have it in such opulent surroundings.
Although our room had no view, it was modest in size and had all the amenities that one would expect of a 5 star hotel.
Now the bad part, this hotel would have been classified as excellent but two issues that really need addressing stopped that from happening. the first issue arose when I went to the spa(which is half the reason we chose the "G") and enquired about a treatment for later that day around 5pm. as it was low season and I was in the spa at 8.30am asking I thought I would be safe. A very rude lady, who seemed to have to much on her plate or was frazzled by something had the nerve to say that someone had a hold on that time 9being the only available time), I said "hold", what? I'll take it, then you have a confirmed appointment. She said she couldn't do that and would have to call the customer. I then said ok, I'll wait a couple of minutes why you do that. She then said she was busy and would do it in the next 10-15mins and could she call me to let me know the outcome. We were wanting to get out and take in the sights and agreed leaving my number - DO YOU THINK I GOT ANY FORM OF CALL (NO) and not even a courtesy note or message left for us. I did go to reception to complain and they informed me they had no pull in the spa as it was an ESPA and was seperate to the hotel. My feeling is that this may be so, but the spa is still in the hotel and should abide by the same policies as the rest of the hotel. This put a huge dampner on my day. The second problem is that when we arrived there was absolutley no help offered from the driveway with respect to our luggage. No one even noticed we had pulled up, let alone taking note of the assistance required. I also wanted to take advanatge of their valet parking (fee 10 euro) and left keys at reception after they checked us in. we went to the room, checked some emails, had a shower and came back down and didn't have to look far for our vehicle as it was exactly where I left it:)

Overall, this hotel is fantastic, if only they could watch the finer things which to some people mean everything.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple