“Not for me on a holiday night”
Review of Taaffes Pub

Taaffes Pub
Ranked #4 of 83 Nightlife in Galway
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I usually love this pub but they need to do some crowd control on busy nights and they need to update and or move their toilets.

They last few times I've been here on a sat night or holiday night I've walked in and turned on my heal and left. The bar is always well staffed so you do get your drink really quick but they let too many people in so your pushed and shoved until you spill your drink over yourself and if you don't punch your way to the back of the bar on arrival then any toilet breaks can take up to 30mins. first to get down to the toilet and then to get into the toilet.

Like I said on a normal day / night when the crowd is small I love it but any other time I keep away

1  Thank Gerbill27
in 7 reviews
"stage"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold and rainy day. The food was grand an the service was even better. Jane took very good care of us and even chased us down the street to give my wife her gloves that she had left behind. We will be back next time we are in Galway.

2  Thank EAN_Diver
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband stopped here on our 2nd to last night in Galway (October 23, 2012). We were able to find a spot at the bar to sit. It appeared there were lots of college grads here with their parents (turns out we were in town in time for college graduation week), and lots of locals in general. How's that for some cred?

The live music was fun - a man on his guitar and a man with an accordion. Great traditional Irish music, lots of people were singing along and clapping, some were dancing - very lively environment! The only thing is, the service from the bar was a little inconsistent. For our second round, I paid, and my pint was left under the tap (to help the bubbles settle, I know), but it took several minutes before it was given to me and I was asked to pay again. Not that big a deal, I know it's busy and crowded and you can lose track of where orders are at, especially when two people are working on the same order. It was just awkward for me since I was very sensitive to not wanting to offend the locals by messing up my pub etiquette.

My husband's experience was that "30 people were helped before they took [his] drink order." He felt like the pub was more geared toward locals. Again, not a big deal to me, I'm still giving this one 4 stars, as it was overall a good experience.

2  Thank Claire F
Reviewed August 27, 2012

asked for a pint, then asked for another pint for a friend. the bar man said if ur gonna ask for a drink order it in one go!!i asked him does he have a problem with me he said i was been inconvenient .i thought the fat bald bar man to be rude .

6  Thank 123456789900doc 77